This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: (MELB) Breville Naked Portafilter BES900/920/980 series

CS'ers I have a Brand New, unused Breville Bottomless - Naked Portafilter for Dual Boiler & Oracle Machines. Comes with full packaging as pictured.

Designed exclusively for use with the Breville espresso machines, the Breville Bottomless Portafilter fits snugly against the 58mm brew head. Perfect your shot by watching it extract drop by precious drop. Made of stainless steel with a 5 inch long black handle and a stainless steel end cap, the overall length is 8.5 inches.

Specs:
    Model Number BES058NP
    Height 8.5 inches (Length)
    Product Weight (lbs.) 1.0000
    Size 58mm
    Material Stainless Steel

The Breville Bottomless Portafilter is designed specifically for the Dual Boiler BES900 & BES920 models, as well as the Oracle BES980 model. It uses the included selection of filter baskets that come with your Breville Dual Boiler BES900, BES920 or Oracle BES980 purchase.

Selling as we upgraded the BDB before this arrived, and have no use for the portafilter.

Looking at $125 ono
    Pickup available in Melbourne
    Delivery can be arranged AusWide.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Aren't they made differently for the 900 and the 920?

Comment

Originally posted by rusty888 View Post
      Aren't they made differently for the 900 and the 920?
      Yes.

It would suit EITHER BES900 or BES920/980, not all. Different lug dimensions mean it cannot suit all.

Comment

It should fit all. The 920 and 980 need a bit taken out of the handle to fit, which doesn't effect the fitment of the 900. Check the website description

Comment

Appreciate the comments guys,
          Just to clear the air, it fits all 3 machines.
          Mate of mine has the same on for his BES900. Also tried on 920 before decided to get this, it fits into the grouphead like a glove, no bits need to be taken out
          Cheers

Comment

An early model /A variant BES900 may have fitment issues but I think it would be ok.

On the early models, the lugs were thinner. This meant that when you tried to use a portafilter off a 920 or a /B model 900, it would feel like it locked into place but it would leak.

Possibly this naked portafilter, having thicker lugs, on a /A model may be too tight and cause premature wear on the group collar insert and seal.

I can check on a machine at the shop next week just to confirm.

Comment

Hi Killerloop, as there hasn't been a lot of action on this post I thought I'd try my luck offering $80 + postage to Canberra?

I haven't even unboxed my BES920 yet (or pulled a single shot in my life) but it sounds like a naked portafilter might help me learn a few things as I figure it all out.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi There,

PM Sent

Comment

And replied!

Cheers.

Originally posted by killerloop View Post
                  Hi There,

PM Sent

Comment

Sorry sold. Please close thread. Thanks