Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - FS: Ponte Vecchio Lusso 2- dual group spring lever - East Gippsland/MEL

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Ponte Vecchio Lusso 2- dual group spring lever - East Gippsland/MEL

Hi all,

I've made the difficult decision to part ways with my Ponte Vecchio Lusso 2 Gruppi (dual group spring lever espresso machine).
    I recently restored an old E61 HX machine, and sadly one of them has to go to fund other hobbies.

I'm the 2nd owner, having taken possession in Feb 2014. The machine is in great working order and has been used daily, and as such has normal signs of wear, but has been well cared for as the photos hopefully show.

General info:
    The PV Lusso 2 is a dual group spring-lever machine with a 3L boiler and thermosyphon design.
    The boiler is kept at steam temperature, with water cooled to brewing temp as it is drawn into the groups.
    Dual groups along with the ability to steam & brew at the same time make this a great machine for entertaining.
    Spring-lever machines are incredibly consistent, and pulling great shots on this machine is easy.

For full review see: Ponte Vecchio Lusso Review • Home-Barista.com

Specs:
    - Made in Ponte Vecchio, Italy
    - 3L boiler, 1000w element
    - Dual spring lever chrome-plated groups w/ 45mm baskets (double baskets included have a ~15g capacity)
    - Thermosyphon design keeps groups at perfect brewing temp all day long, without the need for cooling flushes. (I've made 15+ back-to-back coffees in one session, and the last one was as good as the first)
    - Fixed position steam and water wands
    - Bakelite lever and portafilter handles
    - Bubble-style water level indicator
    - Low-water element protection circuit w/ indicator light

Modifications:
    - Anti-vac valve installed (fixes false pressurestat reading which resulted in the machine not warming up without manual venting, an issue with the original design)
    - Portafilters converted to bottomless
    - Small hole drilled in side of housing for easy pressurestat adjustment

Also included with the machine:
    - 2 tampers (black handled one has been machined to a perfect fit)
    - dosing funnel
    - set of seals (used but still look OK)
    - 2 spare double baskets
    - seal alignment collar (not needed with the seal changing tool)
    - custom-made seal changing tool

I'm located near Bairnsdale, VIC. But also make semi-regular trips to Melbourne (around once a month), so I'm happy to deliver anywhere between here and there if you are happy to wait a bit.
    Also willing to package up and post at buyer's expense. Auspost estimates ~$50-80 depending on location (with insurance)

I believe the only way to get one of these machines now is by private import, (which looks to now be around $1600-1700 plus shipping and import duties), so my asking price is $1200.

Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers.
    Attached Files

More photos...
    Attached Files

Comment

Few more of the groups and internals.
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you know the dimensions?

Comment

Specs online state 35x28x28cm (Width/Height/Depth). That would be without the levers attached, which would add a fair bit to the height.

I'll measure it up accurately tomorrow.

Comment

Thats gorgeous. So wish i had the space glws

Comment

Originally posted by Libertyrx1 View Post
              Thats gorgeous. So wish i had the space glws
              second that mate!

Comment

Ok, actual dimensions of the machine are 38cm (w) x 30cm (d) x 30cm (h).

With the levers, the overall height is 46cm and depth is 44cm.

Comment

That's a very compact twin group. It's practically smaller than the Alex Duetto which I just measured at 38cm wide, 40 high and 45 deep (47 including drip tray handle).

GLWS

Cheers

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

Pm sent ....

Comment

Pm sent also....

Comment

Sold pending payment! Thanks for the interest everyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X