Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Faema 'Lambro' Lever.

For Sale is my 1960's Faema Lambro Lever.

The Lambro is a beautiful machine and it’s capable of producing outstanding shots, it features the faema zodiaco thermosyphon head, I think its on-par with any modern machine for shot quality.
    I imported this machine from Italy around 2009 (you’ll find a snobs thread on the resto), I always had the intention of the Lambro being a keeper, my life-time machine, but my interests have moved on and the Lambro hasn’t been getting any use for the last couple of years and its time for it to get a new home.

When I restored the machine I wanted to retain its charm of being almost 50 years old, a true vintage machine, so externally I retained the original paint work and original blue perspex on the warming shelf just polished everything up. But I wanted it to have modern safety features, so I have added professional Sirai pressurestat, new safety valve, anti-vac valve & thermal cut-out switch.
    The Lambro was completely stripped down, the frame sandblasted and repainted. The boiler nickel plated inside and out, all lines descaled.
    Pretty much if it could be replace it was. Piston seals, Piston Spring, Shower Screen, Group seal, Heating Element, Boiler Seals, Sight glass, Steam & Water Tap valves. The machine has a professionally made wiring harness with the addition of On/Off switch with indicator lights, red for power 'on' green for heater element 'on'.
    The 'Lambro features a gas-heating element that I have retained, but not restored to working condition. The machine is plumbed in/out and runs from a normal house power point (240volt / 10amp).
    The Lambro is easy to get parts for, Coffeeparts carries every part you’ll ever need to replace.
    Lever group head - Faema | Coffee Parts

You are most welcome to come and inspect, the machine is located in Blackheath NSW.

The price is $5000 for this rare vintage machine.
    Attached Files

Looks like a beautiful machine. GLWS

Comment

Thanks mate!

Comment

wow; Sensational. Few Qs - how long to heat up and be ready to go from cold? Can you give the footprint of it? I may be too tight on space...finally, whats the boiler size?
        Thanks, Phil

Comment

Hi Phil, Good question, heat time is probably the machines weakest point. Ideally the warmup should be about an hour, the boiler of course heats fairly quickly but getting the heat through to the grouphead takes some time. I have thought about insulating the boiler, but i don't think it would improve the warmup time, just reduce power consumption. A few well timed flushes can reduce the time down under the hour. I only every used the Lambro on the weekends so it didn't worry me too much.
          The boiler size is 3.5 litres and the element is 1500watts.
          The foot print is Depth= 50cm, Width= 40cm, Height (to the top of the handle)= 73cm.

Comment

A beautiful and sympathetic restoration Craig.

Good luck with the sale!

Comment

I'm open to reasonable offers.

Comment

Price drop $4500.

Also SMS me as I'm not on SC a lot if your interested.
                Cheers Craig

Comment

Please mark as sold.

Comment

A very lucky Snob!

Well done.

Comment

Beautiful machine and glad to see it go to a new home!

Comment

Working...
                      X