Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Quest M3, heap of green coffee and stand up coffee bags with valve

Firstly I would like to say thanks to all the people here and everywhere else that have shared their knowledge and experiences helping me along the way to learning all about producing really great coffee. It is an amazingly complex beverage and it pains me to think about how good it can taste!

I have decided to quit caffeine altogether. The reasons are quite complex / health related. So I have decided to sell up roasting gear.
    Toyed with the idea of continuing to roast for others on occasion but the reality is I need to step away from it all.
    Possibly might be other equipment listed in near future depending on family / friends wants.

Green stocks are quite large because I was inline to upgrade to a new Aillio Bullet and start roasting larger amounts for community cafe. I will add a public thanks to Pedro at http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/2...fee-parts.html for understanding my need to not got ahead with it.

Greens are fresh received over the last couple of months and stored in dark cool place. Prices are below cost, just want to move things on so they are not sitting around and recover some of my expenses.

Everything is available for pick up or can ship at buyers expense / risk. Obviously I would prefer not to have to ship things, so I am open to meeting or delivery at other places. Northern Beaches or Hornsby areas, possibly further north towards Newcastle, all depends on what you want and how much. I am located at Bateau Bay.

The Quest M3 manufactured April 2014 has done somewhere in the realm of 2000 roasts over the last 2.5 years. 150 - 180g being the optimal charge weight.The drum has been modified, had a local metal worker take half an inch off the back of the drum then weld the perforated sheet on, at which he did a meticulous job. Fan control has been modified to give infinite adjustment of airflow. It is a completely different roaster from the stock configuration where the back of the drum is pretty much sealed against the rear wall of the roaster and the airflow which could never be adjusted to low or off predominantly was not going through the drum.
    All these mods can seen and read about in more detail on Home Barista.

Running a Center 300 K type thermometer which can be connected to a computer to run through Artisan for bean temp rate of rise reading. Keep track of maximum environment temp in real time with basic / cheap K type probe which is surprisingly very accurate and more responsive than the Center 300. Also using a Power Mate Lite to measure the power - watts the roaster actually uses. Roasts are repeatable close to the second while tracing the ROR curve. Also can keep track of electricity cost.
    External cooling bucket, the usual SS sieve with a 25cm bathroom exhaust fan sitting underneath completely cools a 180g load in 2 mins.

Given everything a check and clean.
    One of the pictures shows 2 little foil tabs on each side of the shell. This is where I experimented with different inlet for the airflow and decided that I preferred the stock hole. I intended to get metal worker to seal them up but have been successfully using very thick folded foil to block up the holes.

This is an incredibly robust little machine and parts are easily available from Taiwan within 2 weeks. I have replaced part of the fan previously and some screws. Obviously it is not compliant with australian electrical so use is totally at your own risk. It is really well set up if you want to gain a good start at understanding roasting on a solid drum with fully adjustable airflow. Obviously there is not much thermal mass compared to larger drums, but the principles of balancing power application with airflow while maintaining good environment temps and a particular rate of rise curve to achieve tasty coffee are still the same.

Asking $500 for the Quest and its associated extras plus 1.6kg of random blended Colombian / Central American coffee leftovers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2177.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	759156Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172.JPG
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	759157Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2167.JPG
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	759158Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2166.JPG
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	759159Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2165.JPG
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	759160

Green Coffee

$9 / kg Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo - 3 X 2.5kg

$8 / kg - Brazil Pulped Natural - 8 X 2.5kg

$10 / kg - Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi Naturals - 9 X 2.5kg + 1.7kg ( easily one of the best value / tasty naturals I have had! )

$20 / kg Kenya Kiamutira - 3.9kg

$20 / kg Colombia Finca Veracruz - 4kg

$20 / kg El Salvador Patagonia - 3kg

$18 / kg El Salvador El Aguila - 5kg

$18 / kg Rwanda Ruli Musasa - 3.6kg

$18 / kg Ecuador Carlos Correa - 2kg

Regular stand up coffee pouches from " Coffee Bags "

$0.40 each - 200 X 500g natural Kraft paper with zip and one way valve

$0.40 each - 98 X 250g matt black with zip and one way valve

$0.40 each - 75 X 500g beige paper (slightly different look and thicker) with zip and one way valve - from " Zing "

Pm incoming!

Comment

Looks like Quest is spoken for.

Comment

Sent a PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Steve...

Hope you'll still pop in here to CS with your knowledge and experience to keep helping out newbies and some of us Old Blokes...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
            Sorry to hear this Steve...

Hope you'll still pop in here to CS with your knowledge and experience to keep helping out newbies and some of us Old Blokes...

Mal.
            Thanks Mal.

Yeah I will try to stick my nose in from time to time

Comment

Decaf WOW?

Cheers

Comment

Update of what is left.

$8 / kg - Brazil Pulped Natural - 8 X 2.5kg

$20 / kg Kenya Kiamutira - 3.9kg

$20 / kg Colombia Finca Veracruz - 4kg

$20 / kg El Salvador Patagonia - 3kg

$0.40 each - 200 X 500g natural Kraft paper with zip and one way valve

$0.40 each - 68 X 250g matt black with zip and one way valve

$0.40 each - 75 X 500g beige paper (slightly different look and thicker) with zip and one way valve - from " Zing "

Comment

Hi Steve. Sending PM

Comment

Sorry to hear that Steve. I've been there too - but ended up making it back! But pretty much gave up coffee for almost 6 months ...

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
                      Sorry to hear that Steve. I've been there too - but ended up making it back! But pretty much gave up coffee for almost 6 months ...
                      Thanks Matt. Good you made it back!

Comment

Update of what is left.

$8 / kg - Brazil Pulped Natural - 7 X 2.5kg

$18 / kg El Salvador Patagonia - 3kg

Comment

Update of what is left.

$8 / kg - Brazil Pulped Natural - BeanBay - 5 X 2.5kg

$18 / kg El Salvador El Aguila - 5kg - can split up