This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Helor 101 Hand Grinder

For sale: Helor 101 hand grinder with conventional and contemporary (espresso) burr sets, excellent as new condition other than for some marks on the aluminium outer casing shown in the photos - I thought it was a good idea to knock the side of the casing with the handle to loosen the spare grinds. Yeah, - wasn't. I have taken account of my vandalism in my asking price.

I bought this last week; it arrived yesterday. I have since ground @ 250g of stale beans, using both the conventional and contemporary (espresso) burr sets. The latter burr set is what will interest folk here no doubt, and is what I have left it loaded with. There is nothing wrong with it at all - as you would expect - rather I have worked out that I don't have the interest to hand grind espresso. I find it takes probably a minute or so, and is quite hard work on these old bones, particularly on the finer settings, which is where I anticipate I will want to use it. One gets a remarkably fine and even grind on the finer settings - Turkish isn't a problem (I'd forgotten exactly how much hard work grinding for Turkish coffee is).

I took it apart after I finished experimenting, and cleaned it completely. I repacked it (slightly better than factory I wager) and also oiled the wooden handle - inside and out - fresh out of the box it squeaked, very annoyingly.

Price: $200 + postage. I paid $329 plus postage. An expensive experiment, but very worthwhile.

You may follow my adventures attempting to find a quiet (or, alternatively, a fast) grinder here. A couple of posters there commented the Helor gave better grinds than their more expensive electric grinders. Certainly I wouldn't doubt the Helor's abilities.

Onwards.

Pictures:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Laj; 14 October 2016, 06:12 PM.

And here is the Grinder assembled, as it arrived yesterday and I was working my way down from extremely coarse (fully open) to the finest settings, with the conventional (classic) burr set.
    Attached Files

Comment

Have sent you a PM

Comment

Thank you.

And SOLD.
        Last edited by Laj; 14 October 2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X