• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - Portaspresso PG Air and Rosco Grinder for sale

For sale:

A Portaspresso system comprising:

1 x Rosco Hand Grinder;
    1 x Rossa PG Brass Air Espresso Kit; and
    1 x Extra Naked Filter Head c/w 14g Filter Basket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4021.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	791.3 KB
ID:	759281Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4022.JPG
Size:	767.7 KB
ID:	759282Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4023.JPG
Size:	806.3 KB
ID:	759283Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4024.JPG
Size:	800.5 KB
ID:	759284Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4025.JPG
Size:	796.3 KB
ID:	759285

The items are in good condition, have not been dropped or bashed or dented in any way. The outer surfaces do show that they have been used (not so shiny) but all work well.

Reason for Sale. I purchased the units some 12 months ago but unfortunately I have found them increasingly difficult to use due to arthritis in my hands. Sue kindly drove the grinder for a while but in the end I decided to reluctantly part with the system.

You can find full details and capabilities of the Portaspresso system on the Portaspresso Website.

Briefly :

The Rosco grinder comes with:

a screw-in plastic cup; and
    Instruction Manual (PDF)

The grinder has a 38mm conical burr set. Fine repeatable grind settings are possible - adjustments as little as 0.01mm are easily achieved and the grinder has a range from Turkish to Plunger. When used with the naked filter head, the grinder grinds directly into the basket - ready for tamping. If not grinding for the PP system then the screw-in cup can be used to collect the ground coffee for transfer to the required portafilter.

The Rossa PG Brass Air Espresso Kit comprises:

Main body,
    Air Cylinder,
    Cylinder Filling Adaptor,
    Pressure Gauge,
    Filter Basket 14g,
    Naked Filter Head,
    Tamper,
    Rossa Multi-Purpose Base, and
    Instruction Manual (PDF).

Using the Rossa PG the operator can control brew temperature and extraction pressure. The pressure gauge allows you to experiment with pressure profiling. The Air Cylinder is filled using a hand pump (or small electric pump).

The second (spare) 14g Filter Basket and Naked Filter Head can reduce the time it takes to make 2 coffees in a session.

In addition I will include 1 x hand pump to charge the air cylinder.

************************************************** ***************************

The total price for the components new is $1130 :

Rosso - $450
    Rossa - $595
    Naked filter head / basket - $85

This bundle is for sale at $650 (Postage will be extra at cost if required).

So tempted by the Rossa PG. I already have the Rosco grinder and it is one of the best coffee purchases I have made - love it.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Hi, where are you located?

Comment

Hi everyone. Sorry - forgot to say where I am and the Portaspresso system is. Longford near Launceston, Tasmania.

Comment

And another thing!! I will visit the Post Office tomorrow and get some idea of the postage to other States and add that to this thread late tomorrow.

Comment

PM sent! Would love to one of these machines.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi all, I have enough replies for now so there is a queue while I discuss with people!!

Comment

I made a coffee with the Portaspresso this morning (very tasty) and this reminded me of something that I would like to say before anyone buys it.

Please note that this PG Brass Air does bubble a little when the main body is filled with water and the air cylinder attached. I have regularly cleaned the valve in the air cylinder to limit the amount of bubbling. This is a simple process and instructions from the manufacturer on how to do this will be supplied. It is important to note that this does not impact on the quality of espresso produced.

I also purchased from the manufacturer an acetate version of the brass "valve" in the air cylinder. This valve does not leak air but the action is slow. It will be included in the sale.

Comment

The postage for the system, via Australia Post, to any State will be $30. This postage covers Express Mail with delivery to main towns said to be overnight.

Comment

This Item was sold on 22nd October 2016. Thanks for all your attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X