This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!PRESUMED SOLD!!! - (Perth): Sonofresco Fluid Bed Roaster

Following on from my For Sale post in mid-December, my coffee world is now only half its original size as the Alex Duetto II and assorted support pieces now have a new home in NSW. However, for the aspiring fluid bed roasters, Red Roaster is still available.

The unit is a nominally 600g capacity Sonofresco fluid bed roaster, complete with chimney extension to facilitate indoor use in a cafe or coffee bar. It's currently set up with LPG piping but it comes with the changeover piping to enable connection to mains gas.

Roasting is a "set and forget" process which I've found gives extremely good roast results, but it can readily be converted to a fully computer-controlled system which I was about to do until I had the enforced change of dietary habits. I believe the conversion to computer control via blue-tooth is quite straightforward; the necessary control card is available from the distributor in Sydney, and possibly from others.

And if you believe in Kev's laws, this unit should roast faster than others because mines a red one, eh!

I bought it 4 - 5 years ago from a small coffee bar / cafe. As I recall, they had intended to roast with it in the cafe but then changed their mind and so the unit was almost unused. I originally used it about once per fortnight, but haven't used it now for almost 2 years.

Available at the reduced price of $1,750 ex Ellenbrook (near the Swan Valley on Perth's northern fringe) but I'm happy to deliver within the northern Perth area, or to a packing company for interstate movement.

For interstate Snobs who are keen to get into fluid bed roasting, indicative costs (from the forwarder who transported the Alex Duetto II to Sydney) to pack and ship Red Roaster are:
    Perth -> Brisbane - $230
    Perth -> Melbourne - $185
    Perth -> Sydney - $190

Finally, to the many, many fellow Snobs who read and commented on my previous post, my sincere thanks once again to each and every one of you for your very kind thoughts.
    Attached Files

Hello DavidWFox, I’m interested! How should we proceed?

Comment

Hi Summers

The easiest way is to PM me (private message). Click on my user name and you'll see Private Message in the pop-up menu.

Comment

Working...
      X