Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - FS [CBR] Profitec Pro 500 (non-PID)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS [CBR] Profitec Pro 500 (non-PID)

For Sale: Profitec Pro 500 non-PID (Box says "Pro550s AU", i.e. the AU spec machine)

Price: $1,700

Purchased: Nov 2015 from site sponsor Jetblack

Reason for sale: Upgradeitis - purchased Decent DE1+, which arrived 10 April 2019

Condition: I think it's in pretty darn good condition. See the pix.

Included: Machine and all original accessories, incl. original retail packaging

Machine history:
    Used domestically to pull typically four to five shots per day from Nov 2015 to Apr 2019, more for occasional visitors, less at least three months away in aggregate.
    Always fed soft water, back-flushed daily and chemical cleaned regularly.
    Machine was fully serviced and Scaced by Jetblack in Jan 2019, and a new Sirai pressurestat fitted. Receipt will be provided with the machine.

Machine has not been used since 10 April, when the Decent arrived, at which point it was cleaned, drained and stored. So it's only been used for 2½ months since the Jan 2019 full service. I've been waiting to be certain that I was happy with the Decent before offering the Profitec for sale, which has taken some months as I was away for a couple of them over winter. I'm happy. Post your interest here then PM me. Give this venerable machine a good new home.

As I have the original packaging it can be posted, buyer to pay postage and insurance, but I'd *much* prefer local pick-up - in Canberra.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190414_132204.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	763171.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190414_132228.jpg
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	763172Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190414_132427.jpg
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	763173Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190414_132521.jpg
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	763174Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190414_132730.jpg
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	763175
    Last edited by gunda; 4 September 2019, 11:00 PM. Reason: Clarified that CBR = Canberra

Dear Gunda,

You have made my day! I have been waiting for a Profitec to pop up here on the forums. I am upgrading from a Rancilio Silvia and am very interested in buying your machine.

Comment

Didn't think it would last too long...
      Lovely machine.

Mal.

Comment

So shiney so good no stop it you already have three....
        Glws!

Comment

Message sent. Canberra based enquiry. Cheers!

Comment

One of the nice things about CS is the occasional opportunity to meet fellow CSers. And today was such a day. I had the very great pleasure of meeting the new owner of my Pro 500, who drove 3 hours in a mad dash to secure it. The new owner is a lovely person and a real coffee enthusiast who clearly was knowledgeable and who had done all the research. We had a really great time pulling and comparing shots on the Profitec and the Decent and chatting about all things coffee. It is always a good feeling to see your machine head off into the sunset in the hands of someone who will look after it and appreciate it. It was a real feel-good day, and my very best wishes to the new owner for plenty of yummy shots. (And thanks for the cake!)

Perhaps not all feel-good, as there can only be one buyer. Apologies to cstigersboy, but someone else just set a new CS land speed record for an out-of-town sale. It was listed at around 10:45 last night and it drove off at 3:30 today, so that's 16¾ hours from go to whoa.

Mods, please mark as sold.

Comment

Thanks for having me over today Gunda! Been waiting so long for a Profitec 500... definitely going to take good care of this one. It was such great fun seeing your setup, and tasting 2 very very good espressos. The "Alice" and HG-1 looks to be a KILLER setup, one I hope to have in the future. PM in 5 years if you're looking to get rid of yours

Mad dash indeed... in a mad rush of blood to the head I made a purchase; all coffeesnobs will be familiar with the feeling I think, especially when it comes to this very serious hobby. Now to find a grinder...

Comment

Get a niche grinder...you won't look back.

Comment

Working...
                X