X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS (SYD) Vesuvius

Hello fellow snobs.

After much deliberation I have decide to offer my ACS Vesuvius for sale.
    I know I will miss this beautiful machine, but my wife wants to reclaim some kitchen bench real estate so we have gone back to using our Giotto evolution.
    I am the second owner having bought it from a fellow member.
    What can I say. This is an awesome machine in looks and performance. I have had fun with it, but if I am honest, I don't have the patience and time to really take advantage of what the vesuvius has to offer. I have found myself now sticking to the one profile and as such I have to agree with the wife when she says, why do you need a Ferrari to drive to the shops. I hate it when she is right.
    So if you like experimenting and having control over so many parameters to be able to extract that extra flavour in your search for excellence, then this is the tool for you.
    When I received the machine I had it fully serviced and descaled by Harry at Coffeeparts, who was impressed with the condition of the machine and how little scale it had. I have also maintained this machine with love and anyone interested will not be disappointed. I have owned it for about 1 year, and the only repair needed was a new combined antivac/safety valve as built by Chris and Phil at TC. After replacing this part I discovered there was no need as the reason for the OP venting was a faulty service boiler thermocouple - now replaced. So you get a spare combined valve with the machine.
    Also comes with the original shipping crate and wooden box with spare parts and wood trims as this machine has the Black acetal aftermarket ones currently fitted.
    Anyhow enough waffle, here are some pictures and I am more than happy to answer any more questions by message.
    My asking price is $3200 (much less than I paid) which I believe represents great value for a Dual Boiler with the amazing ability to change so many variables with ease, an incredible rotary pump and so much more all in a beautiful well built package. Not a scrap of steel inside - all stainless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	829.5 KB
ID:	763641Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4226.jpg
Size:	569.2 KB
ID:	763642Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4224.jpg
Size:	683.4 KB
ID:	763643Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4216.jpg
Size:	601.6 KB
ID:	763644Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4218.jpg
Size:	597.2 KB
ID:	763645

Bargain. GLWS. NB the Vesuvius uses a gear pump rather than a rotary pump. Much more sophisticated and way more expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
      Bargain. GLWS. NB the Vesuvius uses a gear pump rather than a rotary pump. Much more sophisticated and way more expensive!
      You are absolutely correct. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Beast of a machine, and fantastic value!! Someone could be getting a very nice last minute christmas present for themselves! GLWS!!

Comment

Originally posted by hawk87 View Post
          Beast of a machine, and fantastic value!! Someone could be getting a very nice last minute christmas present for themselves! GLWS!!
          Couldn't agree more with you on both counts.

If you were to put the vesuvius in a room full of dual boilers, the others would suffer anxiety from feeling inferior. Hahahaha. She has a real imposing presence.

As far as value goes, I really think I have under priced the vesuvius. If you are looking at a dual boiler or even an HX machine, then this is far superior to any machine in this price point. My opinion anyhow. As they say, the market will determine its value.

If the market and I don't agree, then I will hold on to her.

Comment

Just curious, I haven’t received any interest in the machine and was wondering if anyone would care to offer any comment as to why this may be the case.

Comment

I think it could only be Christmas. This is one of the bargains of 2019. That said, your honesty and that of other prior owners, may have convinced people they won't actually use the features either. But even without that it's an amazing machine for the price vs rocket evo etc

Comment

Hi Mr West, this might be the one sold out of Canberra a year ago. I was thinking very seriously about it then, but you might remember he had two attempts, the first taking a while probably due to the high starting price. Even his second attempt i remember being around longer than five days. Your price is reasonable, but timing isn't great being advertised over the Christmas season. I would allow a week or two for the enquiries to start.

Comment

I thought you would have been deluged with interest in the absence of the usual caveat "grinder not included in sale".

Comment

I have just purchased a new machine and to be honest I for so long had liked these machines and was always busy looking around for one for sale. On top of that I also considered so many times of buying one brand new after doing a load of research on them. The machine i have now, i wouldnt go back on but I must admit when i saw this come up for the price it was I kicked myself a little. I even considered in the back of my head could I have a second machine...

I should stop now as i know what im thinking....but my partner...she'd shoot me...

I believe, (but dont know) its reasonably priced. As 338 said above, maybe timing...

Good luck with the sale!! I personally think it would be worth it for anyone looking in the price range!!

Chris

Comment

You are correct, this is the same machine and yes he was being optimistic with his original asking price. I have no regrets with the purchase and obviously don’t expect to sell it for what I paid.
                      Originally posted by 338 View Post
                      Hi Mr West, this might be the one sold out of Canberra a year ago. I was thinking very seriously about it then, but you might remember he had two attempts, the first taking a while probably due to the high starting price. Even his second attempt i remember being around longer than five days. Your price is reasonable, but timing isn't great being advertised over the Christmas season. I would allow a week or two for the enquiries to start.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
                        I have just purchased a new machine and to be honest I for so long had liked these machines and was always busy looking around for one for sale. On top of that I also considered so many times of buying one brand new after doing a load of research on them. The machine i have now, i wouldnt go back on but I must admit when i saw this come up for the price it was I kicked myself a little. I even considered in the back of my head could I have a second machine...

I should stop now as i know what im thinking....but my partner...she'd shoot me...

I believe, (but dont know) its reasonably priced. As 338 said above, maybe timing...

Good luck with the sale!! I personally think it would be worth it for anyone looking in the price range!!

Chris
                        Hi Chris. I know exactly what your are experiencing. I was in the exact same position when I bought her. I had a less than a year old rotary pump machine on the counter and just could not resist, and took the plunge when we agreed on a fair price. BTW you can never have too many machines. At one stage I had 5 machines and about 6 grinders. I have now downsized somewhat and I am being realistic in that I would love to have the time to experiment more with the Vesuvius as I don’t think I have got the best out of her yet, but life just gets in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Otago View Post
                          I thought you would have been deluged with interest in the absence of the usual caveat "grinder not included in sale".
                          Perhaps this is where I have failed. I might have to reconsider my offer. I have an m4d sitting around gathering dust. What if I offer this for let’s say $3600 (it’s got new burrs ) and I will throw in a FREE Vesuvius. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by west912 View Post
                            Perhaps this is where I have failed. I might have to reconsider my offer. I have an m4d sitting around gathering dust. What if I offer this for let’s say $3600 (it’s got new burrs ) and I will throw in a FREE Vesuvius. Hahaha.
                            Insanely good buying at this price.

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
                              Insanely good buying at this price.
                              I know you NEED it Caffeinator. We can make it happen. You will then have to change your title to “Over Caffeinated “ lol

Comment

Working...
                              X