This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - [SYD] Eureka Atom Black

Up for sale is my Eureka Atom in black, purchased from a Sydney business in 2018.

Looking to upgrade!

It's had about 1KG per month run through it in a home environment.

Hasn't missed a beat! Ultra quiet, super consistent grinder. Comes with unused grounds bin and the portalfilter holder forks.

I'm asking $800 ONO.

Pickup in Inner West Sydney, Marrickville.
    Attached Files

I am keen on this but I could buy a new one shipped to my door for another $100-$150 bucks if your willing to move one price shoot me a pm

Comment

what are you upgrading to?

Comment

Might be a side grade but I’m aiming to buy a Niche Zero.

Comment

I'd recommend keeping your Atom until you do some comparisons with the Niche. It is a conical and a much different flavour profile that you may or may not like. You can then decide. I frankly not keen on conicals for flavour unless it is a milk drink due to bitter flavours. Everyone is different though.

Comment

Originally posted by wattgn View Post
            I frankly not keen on conicals for flavour unless it is a milk drink due to bitter flavours.
            Although results are different in the cup to a planar burr grinder, I would never describe the results as prominently bitter. 99% of the time the results are very sweet and seem to bring out more of the intrinsic nuances of the bean. Chocolatey flavours are slightly subdued but all in all, I much prefer what our Kony-E provides and so do all of our occasional visitors...

Trying out both types of grinders using identical beans/roast is a very good idea though, to see which result you prefer in the cup...

Mal.

Comment

TampIT made a similar comment to mine in another thread in the past few days or so and I fully agree. I think the flavour difference is huge and in favour of the flat burr for most people.

It is like everything in coffee somewhat suggestive but definitely I would suggest to people to compare just be careful going to a conical.

Comment

I'm thoroughly pleased with the results from our Kony-E and believe that the beans used and the roast profile/depth has a much more marked influence on the results in the cup than the difference between Conical or Planar burrs so long as all other factors are equal.

Just because some CSers have a preference for one burr-type over another does not mean that that is the final arbiter in the debate. It's totally up to the end-user to work that out for themselves...

Mal.

Comment

i prefer the flavour profile from my conical to my previous flat burr by a long shot, and i kept them both for around 3 months just to be sure

Comment

I'm with Mal and John,

It's the Yin and Yang of coffee. What's old hat is suddenly the best thing since sliced bread. Soon they'll all be talking 12 or 6Bar shots again...

If you can't get fantastic coffee out of flat or conical, you're not trying.

Comment

Some things to think about, thanks guys. I've had the Eureka Atom for a good chunk of time, I do like experimenting and trying new products out there, I'm willing to give the NZ a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by EspressoCyclist View Post
                        I am keen on this but I could buy a new one shipped to my door for another $100-$150 bucks if your willing to move one price shoot me a pm
                        I have PM'd you.

Comment

Price drop $750

Comment

Any offers? Have just purchased a Niche Zero and need this grinder gone!

Comment

Im interested but a little more than I wanted to spend.
                              I am in the price range of a mazzer mini if you'd come down to around that.

Comment

Working...
                              X