This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD FS: Mazzer Mini + doserless mod - Sydney

I have a Mazzer Mini to sell, I modded this a while back to be doserless. The doser is included as well if you want to use it in its original condition (I can re-attach for you if you want to buy it like that). The doserless mod includes the funnel and a portafilter holder (as pictured, from a mini-e). Note that this setup works well but is potentially dangerous! If you have kids around that might put fingers in turned on appliances then I'd put the doser back on. It provides direct access to the chute so you can easily get all the grinds out for low retention (but also easy access to fast spinning sharp burrs!). At the moment I also just have a bit of cardboard behind the funnel so grinds don't get inside, I always meant to replace this with a small piece of sheet metal but never got around to it as the cardboard did the job. I also recommend using a small dosing funnel on your portafilter to minimise mess.

2 very minor issues:

* ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ I went and bought the $3.80 doser lever spring so this is now fixed
    * I think there are supposed to be small plastic tabs that keep the black plastic tray snapped to the feet. These are broken so it can move about if you push it.

Burrs look like they've got plenty of life left in them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mazzer4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	763992

Name:	mazzer1.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	763993

Name:	mazzer2.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	763994

Name:	mazzer3.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	763995

̶$̶3̶2̶0̶ now $300, pick up only in Lindfield (Sydney)

(no you're not experiencing déjà vu, I posted this a while back but life got in the way and I didn't get around to updating the thread)

Still available? My EM0480 just decided it was going to go from espresso on 6 to filter on 0, overnight

Comment

Sure is, just replied to your PM

Comment

Sold! - thanks @Agrajag

Comment

Sold! With appropriate social distancing

Comment

Working...
          X