December BeanBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December BeanBay

This is a copy of the email that was just sent to all members, if you didnt get a copy please check your email address under the [PROFILE] button at the top of every page

Just a quick heads-up to let you know that the next CoffeeSnobs BeanBay will be full of beans as soon as the Victorian State Election Polls close at 6pm this Saturday.

In the December BeanBay you will find:

A small amount of last months beans (if you under ordered one of these)
    Costa Rica Turrialba
    Kenya AA
    Brazil Monte Alegre

Some Decaf:
    DECAF Ethiopian Yirgacheffe

One commercial pre-blend
    Altitude Premium Blend

Some specialty tea:
    Tea - Indian Darjeeling SFTGFOP-1
    Tea - Ceylon Earl Grey

A range of specialty single origin beans from all over the planet:
    Dominican Republic Barahona AAA
    Colombian Caracolito Peaberry
    El Salvador AA
    Ethiopian Limu
    Indonesian Sulawesi Torajah Kalossi Gr.1

In addition to our normal express post freight offerings we will also have Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth pickup points.

Please note: This will be the last BeanBay for the year and due to Christmas and the New Year period (people on holidays, suppliers closed, freight difficulty) the next BeanBay will be late January or early February 2007.

The beans will be available from 18:00 25th Nov 2006.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/BeanBay

Re: December BeanBay

Wooohooo

Super Fine Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe - grade 1

Comment

Any plan for the Melbourne pickup point/date?

Comment

Originally posted by grendel link=1164272867/0#1 date=1164276459
        Wooohooo

Super Fine Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe - grade 1

First flush and fresh to boot!
        It just doesnt get much better than that

BTW: in a belated answer to "how long does tea stay fresh?" post in another thread... the Earl Grey had a "Best before June 2009" printed on the case and if the current aroma of the teas is anything to go by it might be pretty close to right.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt King link=1164272867/0#2 date=1164279550
          Any plan for the Melbourne pickup point/date?
          There will be one! Brisbane, Perth and Sydney are all looking like Saturday the 9th of Dec as the safe date (although with prompt payment and good freight they may be there before that date).

Melbourne might scrape-in for the weekend before that (2nd or 3rd) if for no other reason than the following weekend is the Toy Run and I would hate to miss that ( http://www.toyrun.org.au ).

Did you have a suggestion of a venue?
          (with good parking, 12-15 seats, good or at least interesting coffee and fairly central to the city)

Comment

I am definitely going to be in on the Orange Pekoe if there is any going, or the darjeeling.

When can I put in my order??? (not that I am impatient or anything )

Comment

Andy - the pickup date for perth will ahve to be a week day as Epic is only open weekdays. But will establish a management plan this end if people cant make a set time.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1164272867/0#4 date=1164288103
                Did you have a suggestion of a venue?
                (with good parking, 12-15 seats, good or at least interesting coffee and fairly central to the city)
                No suggestion, just trying to find out (and maybe hand over some bling...)
                Busy month for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1164272867/0#0 date=1164272867
                  [highlight]
                  we will also have Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth pickup points.
                  Yesterday - Melbourne and Sydney;
                  Today  - Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth;
                  Tomorrow - the World (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra)?

Felix

Comment

Boy are you going to cop it from our Tassie members Felix.

Canberra might be do-able, just need a small handful of members to try it out. We can see what the interest is in the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1164272867/0#9 date=1164332185
                      Boy are you going to cop it from our Tassie members Felix.

Andy ya beat me to the punch!!! Never mind, were not bitter, we are used to being excised from the Mainland in the nationalist consciousness.  >

We console ourselves by having fresh drinkable water in quantity and no potential nuclear power generators being built on our petit island paradise  ;D  ;D  ;D

Comment

You seem to have left out Adelaide as well, not to mention some of the regional areas. Im guessing Im in for a long wait before we get subsidised freight to the Southern Highlands.

Comment

Although the climate here in the south Island is not perfect for the production of coffee it is the best place in the world for ampling coffee as the water is absolutely fresh- I know someone who empties out Mount Franklin spring water to fill containers with tap water- and the air is so pristine that the aroma of the coffee is nothing but the coffee! ;D
                          Come on guys- include us or it will look like you are jealous 8-)
                          Hey and one day you might need to come here to survive so be nice now and avoid the rush.
                          RH

Comment

Well timed, Andy!

Its the poll that really counts, and should be of more interest and definitely more flavoursome than that other poll competing for Victorians attention tomorrow.  

I think Ive worked out my first preference.... only problem is whether to give my second preference to Costa Rica Turrialba or  Indonesian Sulawesi Torajah Kalossi Gr.1    Gotta make every vote count.

Robusto

Comment

Its at least one poll that the greens are going to do well in ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X