No announcement yet.

Re: Starter Packs for newbie roasters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Starter Packs for newbie roasters.

Starter pack recieved! Thankyou Andy.

Funny thing, the delivery guy actually reversed his car into my driveway and without getting out of the car put the bag in the letterbox (we have a big letterbox) out of the drivers window. I stood there and watched him. How lazy is that??? ;D ;D ;D

Mine arrived on Tuesday! Im so excited!

Lucinda our delivery guy stays in the van and beeps the horn until I come out and come to his car window! He knows Im home because the car is there. And he had to deliver a lot with my online purchasing over christmas - So he knows me.

Just between us... sometimes I pretend Im not here and aaaages later I hear him thump up the stairs and leave stuff on the top step!

Ahhh... the things that entertain those that stay at home with babies!

Comment

I have already roasted some PNG peaberry. Within an hour of getting the beans ;D

Just looking for a few profiles of the others so I have an idea of how they need to be roasted.

Comment

Im out to buy my popcorn machine tomorrow, and just ordered the roaster pack, my wife will be rather mad, but as said already, she likes the results of my brewing, so when home brewed, fresh, aromatic coffee is served up, that should......should.....smooth this crazy hobby out a little

Comment

Received my Starter Pack today , THANK YOU !!!!!

Comment

Whadya get, whadya get, whadya get!!!

Comment

Oh gee, its now full steam ahead....received my starter pack I ordered from Coffee Snobs, cant wait to get into the blending with the differenet varieties.

Does anyone know of a good part on this site or another site where it lends a hand in knowledge on blending different varieties? I could fly blind, but anything read from others would also help.

Comment

I think first up smoky,

The best idea is to just restrict yourself to Single Origins for a while until such time as you have a firm grasp of the processes involved for the various bean varieties you are going to roast. Once youre comfortable at this level, then you can give blending a try with some fairly simple 50/50 blends and then move on from there.

As has been mentioned many times throughout this forum, Sweet Marias is by far and away the best site for a newbie roaster to pick up some knowledge. A simple Google search brought it up as the second site listed so thats where I would recommend you head off to mate.

All the best,
                Mal.

Comment

I am just now happy with learning about SOs and learning to describe flavours. I dont want to confuse myself with trying to blend just yet - exceptthe odds and sodds blend with those little bits of leftover beans.

Comment

Sometimes those odds and sods blends turn out to be very noice indeed..... Probably because of the high quality beans we get access to here at CS ,

Mal.

Comment

yes and I should remember to write them down.

Comment

Hiya coffeesnobs,

Im mad keen to get roasting with a starter pack - but theyre all sold out  

Oh well, Ill just have to get my caffeine hit the easy way!

Comment

Originally posted by stig link=1113484527/60#61 date=1171517336
                          Hiya coffeesnobs,

Im mad keen to get roasting with a starter pack - but theyre all sold out  

Oh well, Ill just have to get my caffeine hit the easy way!

WOW ! The Stig NEVER talks when hes on the telly! ;D

Comment

This Stig doesnt talk either. I just write. And, of course, drink coffee - it helps keep me awake when driving

Comment

Hey yeah I wanted to get the starter pack too but it sold out before I got a chance.
                              What date will the next ones be available? Ill have to try and get in quick thats all... cuz Im about to run out of BEANS!!!! OHHH NOOOOOOO!!
                              um.. yeah..
                              If someone can let me know what date they go on sale next (if it is even known..?) thatd be AWSOME.
                              Thanks
                              Rolley

Comment

Working...
                              X