Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CoffeeSnobs - Member cards!

Welcome to the roasting club Rollo.

In time you will get the roasts closer to a single number although you will find that some of the uneven roasts are still great in the cup (and that is REALLY why we do this!)

Next roast try to avoid the 7s and 12s... baby steps!

Enjoy.

Re: CoffeeSnobs - Member cards!

Andy, the card is great, I am going to incorporate the scale into my database and dispense with Sweet Maria.

Thanks,

Comment

Heres an idea for those that want the
      You Beaut Limited Edition Previously Unreleased, Special Unique (etc etc...)
      Numbered Editions
      - since there are some prototypes, maybe auction them off and profits go to FairCrack ??

Comment

oohhhh.....
        I like the sound of that Tasadam.

We might do that later in the month.

Comment

Thanks for the card Andy - love it!

Comment

Hi Andy
            The card arrived today, thanks for that.
            I compared my roast of last weekend to the card and it comes in around somewhere between a 9 or a 10 on the CS scale.

I will do another roast this weekend and see where it fits, hopefully this will help me guage some consistency, so far my guage has been my memory from the week before and thats not always that good so the card will be a great help.

My wife thinks i am a bit potty, she said "what good is that"   i guess if she could use it as a credit card then she would think it wonderful. My answer of "its all about the coffee"   didnt seem to carry much weight.

Cheers
            Mal

Comment

It might not be the worlds most accurate colour scale but at least we all have one exactly the same and that should go someway to bringing some consistency to our roast depth communications.

I would expect that most roasts will fall into the 8-10 bracket and quite often a reading of 8.5 will used to signify that it was around a 8 or a 9 (which is quite different to a 7 or a 10)

One thing is certain, if your roasts are a 1 then you needed a little more heat.

Comment

The things that happen while you are away!

GREAT idea Andy! Saves me providing tortured descriptions of cities and villages from now on.

Pity I came back too late for the beanbay. You did say they would be available in future beanbays did you not?

Cheers,

Meg

Comment

Welcome back Meg.I hope you all had a wonderful time.

Ken.

Comment

Yes Meg,
                    the very funky and oh so cool membercards will always be available to members with a bean order.
                    (green or brown beans are fine but not Starter Packs for logistics reasons).

One card per member is free, if you loose it then the replacement is $5.00
                    (which includes a $2 FairCrack donation)

Easy!

Comment

Got my Card today and ws really impressed with the quality. Already put it to the test today and compared my roasted Brazil Monte Carmello Sundried - it was a 9 on the CS scale.

Comment

Many thanks Andy for this great idea.
                        I picked mine up yesterday at Sparkys and we were all impressed with the quality too.
                        I was so excited I rushed home to do a few roasts.
                        Pity my iroast decided to go belly up and send up that smoke signal for help.

Oh well now I can build a Corretto without the iroast getting jealous...

Cheers,
                        Ken.

Comment

I will be doing a roast tomorrow to try out my card. Cant wait.

Comment

Cheers for the Card Andy...its a great bit of kit, but no shops so far seem to be accepting of it when I hand it over and say "credit account please"

Comment

Im waiting for the first post...

"today I got kicked out of a cafe after removing the hopper lid from the grinder and sticking the CS card into the beans"

Comment

Working...
                              X