Brisbane Pickup - July 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisbane Pickup - July 2007

This is the thread for banter about the Brissy pickup.  

I would hope that the beans will be in Brisbane by Saturday 14th July.

Re: Brisbane Pickup - July 2007

Wow,

we have been slow to respond Brisborgs! We are the cool ones remember! we cant let Sydney Melbourne (and the WHOLE of Tasmania!) show us up!

Im being dramatic I know but I felt compelled to write a response - that little 0 in the reply column was annoying me.

Okay Im going out on a limb here (BTW Saturday is the 14th not the 15th in Andys original message).... Im happy to host the pick up but it would have to be on the Sunday afternoon - say 2pm. I have two parties to fit in on the Saturday arvo/ night (Im yet to work out how to alter the time/space continuum to make this work - Ill let you know how I go) so apart from someone being home to sign for beans, Im not going to be able to accept pickeruperers on Saturday.

Also, its my second week back at work after 9 months off and I have no espresso machine to give you all a coffee (although the plunger is always warm! and the Presso too!).

AND... wait for it... I live in Ipswich (40min west of Brisbane)....

Its getting better and better isnt it  :-/

Having said all that I really am happy to host - it would be good to see yall again! But there may be a better option for everyone out there  

Cheers,

Meg

Comment

I had meant to kick this one off Meg, but .......

So thanks for that offer Meg to host :-)

I cant host it once again unfortunately.
      Ill be interstate the week preceding and the weekend of the pickup.

Belinda

Comment

Sorry Meg, I was a bit slow off the mark because Im going to be away the week of the 16th but will be back by the weekend. It may be possible to host it again at my place, although Im not adverse to doing a road trip to Ippy. If the delivery happens while Im away, my wife should still be around to sign it in...

I dont mind either way... Ippy or The Gap...

err, I just noticed that its meant to be happening the week before Im away... So the option still stands either way.

Comment

Mark

Im thinking your place is a better option at this stage. Only because Im worried about being home to sign for beans. I have Wednesdays off but theres no guarantee that the beans are able to arrive on the wednesday. Does this make sense?

Hmmm... what do you think? Do you mind? If its possible for the beans to arrive Wednesday Im happy to do it, but it may be better if we are more flexible for delivery.

Comment

We cannot control the landing day of the beans... only the sending and even then that depends on how soon CSrs pay for their orders.

The Sat 14th date is a best guess... working on  BeanBay 27th, buy, pay, pack, ship by the 4th...courier to deliver to Brissy within a week makes delivery 10,11,12,13th or so

Comment

Okay, Im fine with another pickup at my house. The Pav is actually working really well at the moment, so the coffee may not be that bad....

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Im also open to have bean pick up here.

I work from home so will be here for deliveries.

If people want to pick up Saturday it would be at home Petrie terrace (between paddington and spring hill), if sunday then at my shed in coopers plains.

Facilities (coffee machine and roaster) here are very basic so i cant promise anything amazing unless i put some sticky hologram paper and other sparkly bits on them.

Rob

Comment

Oops sorry Mark took a while to hit the post button and didnt see yours come in.

Your place is great with me.

Rob

Comment

Thanks Mark!

And thanks too Rob for the offer - maybe next time?!? The logistics of signing for beans is my only real issue about being host. Working from home is ideal for this sort of non-work related thing!

So Sparkys it is then?

I promise not to turn up empty handed! And I promise to host a "DO" later on in the year.

Cheers

Meg

Comment

Thanks Mark (Sparky). Would you tell us where abouts in Brisy u are?

Thanks,
                      Richy

Comment

Im in The Gap. All salient details will be PMed.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Excellent Mark.

It will appear in BeanBay as:

BRISSY - "Sparky" - The Gap (see thread for details)
                          14/07/07

Ill let you guys pick the actual date/time/place
                          ..and what to bring to make the rest of us hungry.

Comment

Hey, if any Brisbane pickup people who bought Darjeeling are interested in spliting some with me (1kg is a hell of a lot of tea ) I would be very keen.

Also, if anyone missed out on buying Yemens, I would happy to split my bag with you.

Let me know,
                            Richy

Comment

Originally posted by richy_4000 link=1182162807/0#13 date=1182989080

Also, if anyone missed out on buying Yemens, I would happy to split my bag with you.

Let me know,
                              Richy
                              Thank you Richy....Ive always wanted to say that.
                              Ill take you up on the offer if itd still available.
                              I can buy some or swap with some other beans I have.
                              PM me if youd like a list of my bean stash.

Thanks,
                              Ken.

Comment

Working...
                              X