Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BeanBay Green - 18th July, 12 noon AEST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green - 18th July, 12 noon AEST.

[hr]
    Below is the (long!) email that was sent to all members
    [hr]

First up...
    CoffeeSnobs Calendar 2008

CS member NakedBean has done a great job of acting on this little CS project and has invested miles of time in researching and getting it to a point that we know its possible to produce a great calendar at a fair price for next year. Now we just need lots of YOUR content.

The content should reflect the coffee world of a CoffeeSnob member. It might be your Frankenstein roaster or a renovation you did on your coffee machine, it might be an arty shot of a popper full of beans or the last great pour you managed. Good and bad, just post them in the thread and we can select them later.

Digital images are fine and you can post low res pictures (that you have taken) to the below thread. If they are selected for the calendar we will get you to email high-res pictures later.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1180240540

Next, beans...
    BeanBay Green - 18th July 12 noon.

Did you just loose some time?
    No, the previous BeanBay was a little late and this one is a little early so they seem to have nearly run back to back. With any luck we can get close to a regular schedule of mid-month BeanBay-Green offerings with a target delivery of the start of the following month. As always this is totally dependent on factors (couriers and bean brokers) beyond our control but we will try and keep close to that schedule if we can.

IMPORTANT: Before BeanBay please login and make sure your shipping address and contact details are correct, changing it later can cause logistic headaches and freight delays.

This month we have a repeat of the highly requested PNG Kinjibi Peaberry and the SWP Decaf Mocha Java. Because those two sold so fast we called the broker and grabbed some more straight away.

We also have a whole swag of really interesting coffee. A great Panama estate, the best of Puerto Rico, a Fairtrade Organic PNG, the highest graded Mandheling and Kenya a surprising grade 1 Vietnamese Robusta and coffee from our new neighbours, Timor Leste.

If you cannot find something appealing in 9 different coffees we have also got some of the highest rated drinking chocolate on offer too. After many requests, Grounded Pleasures are going to supply CoffeeSnobs with African Red Drinking Chocolate in satchels that can be freighted with your bean order.

So here is the list for the next BeanBay.
    Wednesday 18th July, 12 noon AEST.

Decaf - Mocha Java $13/kg
    PNG Kinjibi Peaberry $9/kg

Puerto Rico Yauco Selecto (1 kg lots) $49.50/kg
    Panama Gran Del Val Bajo Mono Canyon Estate RFA $9.50/kg
    PNG Fairtrade Organic A Grade $9/kg
    Timor Leste Arabica Grade 1 $8.50/kg
    Kenya AA $9.50/kg
    Vietnam Robusta Grade 1 $6.50/kg
    Sumatra Mandheling Grade 1 $9/kg

African Red Drinking Chocolate 1kg satchels @ $14/kg

Ill setup the threads shortly to discuss your bulk shipping pickup points. If you plan on using one of these points for cheaper freight and a fun CS get together please post in the appropriate thread so everyone knows what the plans are.

The other thing to note is that Im going away next week (for a week) so any late payments or unusual variations will mean that your order will not ship for two weeks and if it misses the interstate shipment then it will have to freight Express Post (at your added expense). Please pay Wednesday to avoid the headaches all round.

Last bit of housework in this very long email is the News and Event section at the top of the forum will shortly be changed so that only the site moderators can post a new thread in it (all the CS members can still reply in these threads though). So if you have a news item of an event feel free to let a moderator (or admin) know about it so a new thread can be created.

I hope to bump into plenty of members in Sydney this Sunday, should be another great coffee day in the shadow of the big coat hanger.

Enjoy your coffee CSrs!

Andy.

Re: BeanBay Green - 18th July, 12 noon AEST.

No chocolate beans this poll Andy?

I dont want much do I ;D

Good golly gosh, just picked up my beans from last BB.

Comment

Originally posted by lucinda link=1184600996/0#1 date=1184627365
      No chocolate beans this poll Andy?
      We do hope to get a good supply cocao (cocoa) beans in the future. If you need some before then you could always try http://www.tava.com.au/catalog/ (run by a CoffeeSnob too!)

Good golly gosh, just picked up my beans from last BB
      Even worse from this end, it seems we have been shoveln beans and fightn couriers non-stop.

Comment

will the chocolate be in 1kg lots?
        what sort of life expectency does it have? the better half would love some but dont want to get more than we can use

Comment

African Red Drinking Chocolate 1kg satchels @ $14/kg

Life expectency in our house with 3 kids is about 12 minutes / kg.

(sorry, I dont know the useby yet but it is very FRESH and I expect 12 months or more if kept air tight and dry)

Comment

Hi Andy,
            Thanks for including the Robusta this time around.
            Ive just tried the beans you sent to us here in Brissy.
            Loved the blend you recommended.I pulled a double shot into an espresso glass
            and a larger one to try with milk.After tasting these with the robusta I was
            hoping some would come up soon so I can experiment further.
            My prayers have been answered....now if only lotto would play the game..

Cheers,
            Ken.

Comment

No wonder we were bouncing off the walls ken, we were drinking robusta (2 times the caffeine) without knowing it :P

What a beaut selection there is this time. Nice one Andy

Comment

What sort of differences are we looking at with the two types of PNG beans?

PNG Kinjibi Peaberry $9/kg

PNG Fairtrade Organic A Grade $9/kg

Comment

Yes Richy more goodies to try.
                  Each month I think nope not this time I have enough.
                  Then that evil man..you know who you are..  throws in
                  some beans I havent tried so what can I do.I resist for 30 or 40 seconds
                  and then grab some more and commandeer more space for trhe growing stash.
                  Roll on the 18th I say.

Cheers,
                  Ken.

Comment

Both are great. Get them both :P

The PB is beautiful; a wonderful SO.

A grade is quite fruity and good with something like a Mandheling or Toraja. Also very nice as a SO.

Comment

Thanks Andy!!

Following up on your suggestion Im glad to share my story as it relates to one of this months GB coffees-the Yauco Selecto.

I was raised in the coffee region of Puerto Rico, with my house a stone throw away from the coffee hills of Yauco.

Yauco Selecto is a fantastic blast from the past. I hope Csers embrace this truly unique, and very low production coffee. Its palate, and its aroma is something to write home about.

I just wish Yauco Selecto wasnt soo expensive. But back in Puerto Rico, once we heard that it became a hit in Japan, we were expecting the prices to sky-rocket. And they did, to the point that it is barely sold in Puerto Rico. The local market was not able to live with the price (If I remember correctly, a YS Brown would be something like $95.00 US a kilo in Puerto Rico, while other regional jewels were at the $25 mark or so.).

For me, the only way to get some YS was to drive to my friends "torrefaccion" -- collecting/roasting facility in Yauco, and get maybe half a kilo (a pound) if he had any left that he could sell me. But it was worth the extra effort.

Great job to get some for CS, and I hope you all like it. It was particularly unique to drink it in the espresso sized enameled tin cups we used to use in the fields. But does as well with an italian espresso cup.

See you all in Sydney this weekend. Look for the pat in the shoulder Andy, I plan to look you up.

Ramon

Comment

Kenya kenya my kingdom for a kenya....... AA that is..... woo hoo... Andy youre the man.. The chocky sounds good too......... looks like Ill have to come home for lunch.... By the way, whats with that; you know the middle of the day thing?

With much excitement and anticipation......... Ray.

Comment

looking forward to the drinking chocolate or more so my caffine intolerant better half (maybe some decafe this time).

Im glad this ones during the day got home from work an hour and a half after the last one. Good to mix it up abit.

Andrew

Comment

Yes Andrew (and Ray) thats why we try and move the days and times around a bit. Some can only do it through the day, some only at night.

We will always try and make it no earlier than noon to make it "doable" for the WA CSrs.

Ramon, I think its very cool that you can relate to the origin of the Yauco, it would be a great live amongst one of the worlds great coffees but very annoying to see it all go somewhere else!

Comment

You got that right, Andy!! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X