BeanBay Green Sale - Wednesday - 21st Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Sale - Wednesday - 21st Nov

Below is the email that was just sent to every members forum email address.

Cut/Pasted here for those with nasty spam blockers

==============

Hi

Drum roll… bring out the marching girls, its time blow our own trumpet.

In case you didn’t know, CoffeeSnobs Brown just won SILVER, SILVER, GOLD in the 2007-2008 Golden Bean roasting competition and we are proud as punch.  Of course the very same award winning blends are available for purchase in the roasted “brown bean” section: http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au

Speaking of BeanBay, the next green bean sale for home roasters will be:

Wednesday the 21st November.
    8pm (NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS)
    7:30 pm (SA)
    7:00 pm (QLD)
    6:30 pm (NT)
    6:00 pm (WA)
    http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au

On offer we have 6 different green coffees, 3 teas and a decaf.
    (the tea will appear in its own category on the site)

Sulawesi Lemo Toraja - $9.50/kg*
    Indian Chikmagalur A - $8.50/kg*
    Tanzania Arumeru Estate AA $10.00/kg*
    Yemen Bani Ismail - $22.50/kg*
    PNG Kinjibi Peaberry - $8.50/kg*
    Ethiopian Gambella Naturals $8.00/kg*

Ceylon Orange Pekoe Organic-Koslanda Estate - $25.50/kg*
    English Breakfast Blended Tea. - $22.50/kg*
    Darjeeling FTGFOP Namring Estate - $29.50/kg*

Decaf Mocha Java Blend. $13.00/kg*

* Pricing includes 50c FairCrack donation.

NOTE: Please ensure that your postal address is correct before you purchase items from CoffeeSnobs.  You can check that now by logging into the site, going to BeanBay and clicking on the "User Details" tab at the top.
    http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/UserDetails.aspx

Also new in the BeanBay “Other Stuff” section are the valve, zip-click coffee bags.  Available in the entire Henry Ford model T colour scheme and two sizes (250g & 1kg).  These weigh around 20 grams each so I would suggest only buying them if you have spare weight/space in a satchel or are using one of the pickup points else the freight  calculator will put them in their own satchel.  

With very prompt payment by everyone we hope to have beans to all the pickup points in the first week of December so if you plan dividing a kilo of tea or freighting coffee for Christmas you should have enough time.

Enjoy your coffee (and tea!)

Andy.

Re: BeanBay Green Sale - Wednesday - 21st Nov

Yay, I had a feeling it would be this week.

I am still available for delivery people.

Comment

It should have been last week but we one of the brokers was sloooooo. (which is why I dont spill the beans early)

Available? Great, Ill post it up - thanks from the SA CSrs Lucinda!

Comment

great news, Andy...
        could you spare us a description/experience/general feel of the beans you have chosen this month??
        it would help me decide whether i will spend the monthly housekeeping....being a coffee-bean non-cogniscient and all of that?? :-/

L

Comment

could you spare us a description/experience/general feel of the beans you have chosen this month
          Sure, but you have to wait till BeanBay for that. The only thing that slows people down is the time it takes to read the descriptions.

We post the list of beans early for people to research the origins and get a feel for where they might fit in their blends.

Beside Lizzi, I read somewhere you dont need any beans this month

Comment

Andy,

Thanks for the teas and the coffee bags, fantastic. That is if I am quick enough this time to get any tea!!!

Comment

Oh Andy, how you like to tease us so. But your right. As someone is reading the description I could be snapping up the beans. My philosophy will be. Buy Now Read later. Kind of like a lucky Dip. I like surprises.

Comment

Andy,

Do you think this will be the last one for the year? Just need to know so I can stock up my supplies

Comment

Is there a post that explains for newbies the best way to tackle their first auction so that they dont get left holding the bag and nothing else

Runfast

Comment

runfast

Do some research and decide which beans you are likely to buy.
                    Get in early and pick your beans in the order of preference. It is not unusual for a popular bean to be sold out in minutes.

Regards
                    Gavin

Comment

Umm are the teas sold in 1kg lots or 500g? 1kg seems a bit too much...

Comment

Originally posted by expressman link=1195466780/0#7 date=1195470313
                        Andy,

Do you think this will be the last one for the year? Just need to know so I can stock up my supplies
                        Yep, last one for 2007.

Most years the January BeanBay is closer to Feb too as brokers, AQIS, fright companies all get hard to find over the Christmas break.  If we can get good beans early January then we will have a BeanBay else it will be later in the month I guess.

Originally posted by Coffee Kid link=1195466780/0#10 date=1195473918
                        Umm are the teas sold in 1kg lots or 500g? 1kg seems a bit too much...
                        Just like 2.5kg of coffee is a lot!

The teas on offer can be found all around the country for 4x, 5x and even 10x the price. We only sell in 1kg lots as its the right size to pack, right size to freight.

There are other threads on this topic (nearly every time we offer tea) and the best solution is find a local CSr to share it with or divide it up and give as a gifts.

Comment

Sorry my bad...

Comment

No worries, CK.
                            Im sure a local CSr will PM you with an offer of half their tea stash

Comment

runfast - I used to worry about what I would choose from beanbay until it finally sunk in that no matter what the choice, they are all jewels.

Personally, I love the African beans, and I suggest that if you are able, buy some of the Yemen - they carry that price for a very good reason

You may find that the real difficulty is in not getting carried away and blowing the budget! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X