Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREEN BeanBay - Wednesday 20th Feb.

GREEN BeanBay - Wednesday 20th Feb.

As the container of Indian beans we were waiting on has finally cleared customs we have an Indian bias this month.

India Mysore Nuggets A $9/kg*
    Indian Monsoon Malabar AA $9/kg*
    Indian Kappi Royale $7/kg*
    Nicaragua High grown Bold $8.50/kg*
    Kenya A $8/kg*

* Prices inc FairCrack donation $0.50

The beans, my notes and the photos of the actual beans will appear in BeanBay at the following times.

Wednesday, 20th February
    WA – 19:00
    NT – 19:30
    QLD – 20:00
    SA – 20:30
    ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS – 21:00

The pickup points this month will be:

QLD – Gilkatho – 3rd March
    SYD – Coffee Parts, Nunu and Dennis - 29th Feb
    ACT – Cruiserman - 4th March
    VIC – Waterfront City - (Celebrate the Bean) 2nd March
    TAS – Burnie and Hobart – 5th March
    SA – The Coffee Barun – 29th Feb
    WA – Perth (Epic) - 7th March

As usual, if you need your beans faster or want them direct to your door the Australia Post Express satchels will be available too.

Re: GREEN BeanBay - Wednesday 20th Feb.

Looking forward to it Andy.
    Im running low!
    RH

Comment

I must remember to pick up some this BB, my stash running quite low too!

I hope the Kenya A will be as good as last years Kenya AA, I really liked that one!

Also, is there any reason I can no longer get my beans couriered to me? Maybe I missed a change in how everything is done?

John.

Comment

Originally posted by itsme5k link=1203381514/0#2 date=1203387359
        I must remember to pick up some this BB, my stash running quite low too!

I hope the Kenya A will be as good as last years Kenya AA, I really liked that one!

Also, is there any reason I can no longer get my beans couriered to me? Maybe I missed a change in how everything is done?

John.
        No change, John.

Read Andys last line.

Comment

Q: Is this months Nicaraguan offering anything like the Altiplano?

Comment

Cool!
            I am going to be sitting in front of the computer screen by 20:00 tomorrow, so I wouldnt miss it this time !

Comment

Hi Andy

Could we have the descriptions please, please :-)
              The list and what I already have does help me decide.

Mike

Comment

Hi Andy,

Another vote to have the descriptions in advance

marco

Comment

Originally posted by marco link=1203381514/0#7 date=1203410517
                  Hi Andy,

Another vote to have the descriptions in advance

marco
                  Could you imagine the rush that would cause.... as if that isnt bad enough already :

At least whilst people are reading the details it gives others a chance to get some beans as well.

Pre armed with all the details the quick ones amongst us would rush in and grab em all.....

I feel the way Andy does it now is far fairer to all members (even if it upsets a few )

Comment

Dash, another Wednesday night beanbay! How bout we offer half the beans one night and half the beans another night just in case someone (like, er, me) has a standing appointment on the BeanBay night? Would also be some consolation for those who at 8pm happen to be answering the door, finishing a roast, resuscitating the budgie or are otherwise detained and come 8:05 find nair a cotton bag in sight!

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1203381514/0#8 date=1203410900
                      Could you imagine the rush that would cause.... as if that isnt bad enough already :

At least whilst people are reading the details it gives others a chance to get some beans as well.

Pre armed with all the details the quick ones amongst us would rush in and grab em all.....

I feel the way Andy does it now is far fairer to all members (even if it upsets a few )
                      Hmm...didnt think of it that way...

Actually... it might be Andy trying to add to all the excitement

Comment

Hi all

Well actually even with descriptions not posted until the time I notice that some of the coffees reduce in available quantity in a few seconds! I do hope some of the more technically literate folks here are not automating their screens :-)
                        I dont think prior descriptions would have much effect.

And CoffeeSnobs is far too successful! Googling for some of these Indian beans this arvo gave me links to the CoffeeSnobs BeanBay Banter dated 19th Feb 2008 :-)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by rayzurhed link=1203381514/0#1 date=1203386608
                          Looking forward to it Andy.
                          Im running low!
                          RH
                          Nice positive post RH.
                          Thanks for the service you provide to your fellow Northern Islanders too!

Originally posted by speleomike link=1203381514/0#6 date=1203390350
                          Hi Andy

Could we have the descriptions please, please :-)
                          The list and what I already have does help me decide.

Mike
                          Sure! Per the initial post:
                          "The beans, my notes and the photos of the actual beans will appear in BeanBay...."

I feel the way Andy does it now is far fairer to all members (even if it upsets a few)
                          Spot-on JavaB. We do try and get the balance right.

How bout we offer half the beans one night and half the beans another night
                          No way! There are a lot of reasons why we do what we do and I cannot see that one working within the required framework.

Dash, another Wednesday night beanbay!
                          Similar answer... we have reasons that Wednesday works best. We used to move it around, business hours, after hours, week days and weekends and I got in trouble for that too!

The best bet is to get yourself a proxy bidder, someone who can jump-on as you and buy your beans and/or a local CSr that you can share an order with.

We might have it on a different day sometime but dont hold your breath.

Originally posted by nunu link=1203381514/0#4 date=1203388246
                          Q: Is this months Nicaraguan offering anything like the Altiplano?
                          Not really Nunu, the beans are a lot larger and washed cleaner. The cup profile is similar but I would expect that back to back the two would be quite different.
                          Like RH in the start of this post, thanks also to you for the local pickup service. You guys are saving CSrs lots in freight!

We have lots of beans up this month, Im sure everyone who gets on the site when BeanBay starts will get something that will roast well.

Comment

Hmmm....I dont need any more green beans at the moment,
                            I dont need to spend any more money, at the moment....
                            ...I dont need any more green beans at the moment,
                            I dont need to spend any more money, at the moment....

Im already committed to being somewhere else tonight anyway,
                            .......at least till about 2130...

Maybe next BeanBay....

Wonder what RH is doing about 2100?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1203381514/0#12 date=1203430010
                              The best bet is to get yourself a proxy bidder, someone who can jump-on as you and buy your beans and/or a local CSr that you can share an order with.
                              I can see that someone will develop a "Green BeanBay" automated buying software, similar to the last minute bid-sniper softwares for EvilBay that are around.
                              Anyway, Im running low on beans and will be away from the computer tonight, so I do plan to enlist a (human) tonight. Looking forward to a new delivery ...

Comment

Working...
                              X