BeanBay Pickup Events - June/July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Pickup Events - June/July

Below are the dates and times that we expect we can get the next next BeanBay beans bagged, tagged and freighted to the pickup points (assuming prompt payment from everyone).

MEL
    • Veneziano First Pour - Abbotsford - 10am-11am - Saturday 28th June 2008

QLD
    • Gilkatho - Milton - Business Hours after 27th June 2008

ACT
    • "Cruiserman" - Calwell - after 27th June 2008

TAS
    • "ParaM" - Hobart - after 27th June 2008
      "rayzurhed" - Burnie - after 27th June 2008

SYD
    • "Coffee Parts" - Pagewood - after 27th June 2008
      "Dennis" - Sylvania - after 27th June 2008
      "Wine of the Bean" - Thornleigh - after 27th June 2008

WA
    • Epic - Perth - Friday 2pm-3pm - 27th June

SA
    • The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park - 27th June

Feel free to banter in the below thread and if dates or times need changing in this post let me know.

8-)

Please understand these dates are a best guess, the courier has the last say!

Re: BeanBay Pickup Events - June/July

As a first time beanbay user I was wondering how I make sure my package goes to my local pickup point rather then directly to me?

Jered

Comment

MM, the option for pickup points will appear at checkout time.

Comment

Thanks 30 - didnt want to accidentally post it direct to me and get an unnecessary expense.

Comment

Yes, spot-on 30in30.

The options for the monthly pickup points are only available during the green BeanBay sale (typicaly a few days mid month).

You can also use this time to ship roasted beans or other items in BeanBay to the pickup points too. In the case of roasted beans we roast the very last day before shipping it off with the courier to ensure the beans still get there fresh.

I should also note that the pickup point freight is part subsidised by the site sponsor payments which is why we can get send beans all over the country for just $1 a kilo.

Comment

Hi Andy;

I am in central QLD so pick up is not an option so Ill have to rely on postie.

I did a few test on the online shopping, looks like if <2.5 kg $10 for shipping, >2.5....
            Thats for australian express.

I dont mind waiting for a few more days, is there option for regular parcel?

Thanks

Rudy

Comment

again for later consideration since its obviously too late for this coffee offering -- but is there any chance of getting a central-sydney pickup site accessible by train - eg around Central Station or at Bondi Junction as was once available? The sites now used are ok for Sydney-ites, but no good for anyone training it in from outside to Central. Cheers

Comment

Sort of depends where youre coming from.

If its from the Central Coast, jump off at Hornsby and Im just a few stops away. If youre coming from the Blue Mts., change at Strathfield. Im just a block from Thornleigh station.

No need to go to the city if you dont have to.

Comment

So do we specify in the beanbay if we want the beans delivered to home? This is my first time

Comment

You choose the shipping option. Pickup from delivery points, or via parcel post.

Thats all done when you checkout.

Comment

Great, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by namahage link=1213615358/0#5 date=1213659459
                        Hi Andy;
                        I am in central QLD so pick up is not an option so Ill have to rely on postie.
                        I did a few test on the online shopping, looks like if <2.5 kg $10 for shipping, >2.5....
                        Thats for australian express.
                        I dont mind waiting for a few more days, is there option for regular parcel?

Thanks

Rudy
                        Hi Rudy,

Regular parcel would be the same price or more... and we have to find a box, pack it, drive to the post office, stand in a queue and drive home again.  By the time we added a "petrol levy" of $25 and we lost an hour of our lives you would be better off with express post.

up to 3kg is $10 express post satchel.
                        up to 5kg is $15 express post satchel (actual cost is $17, tis subsidised too)
                        (and combinations of the above eg: 6kg = 2x3kg and 7kg = 1x3kg & 1x5kg)

If your order is bigger than 15kg then we usualy parcel post or courier it and credit or refund the difference.

Comment

THere are 3 types of mountian top coffee bean for this bean bay. Just wondering which one is better? really want to try the AUstralian mountain top coffee. Also, how can i order it (I mean pay for it)? Am i paying throught internet or i pay in "first pour"
                          I live in Mel

Many thanks,

TOny

Comment

Thanks Andy

Clear as clear and my apologies for not reading your other post first before asking.

Postie express it is then, and it is very reasonable cost consider the quality of the beans at given price. How did you guys manage this? If the starter pack is any indication, this is really great offering for known quality.

Cant wait to hit the bean bay tonight!

Cheers;

Rudy

Comment

Tony,

You can pay either via Paypal or bank transfer. If youre uncomfortable with paying via the internet, bank transfer is better for you. If you want ultra fast payment, Paypal is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X