BeanBay Pickup Thread - July/August.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Pickup Thread - July/August.

Below are the dates and times that we expect we can get the next next BeanBay beans bagged, tagged and freighted to the pickup points (assuming prompt payment from everyone).

MEL
    • Veneziano First Pour - Abbotsford - 10am-12pm - Saturday 2nd August 2008

QLD
    • Gilkatho - Milton - Business Hours after 1st August 2008

ACT
    • "Cruiserman" - Calwell - after 1st August 2008

TAS
    • "StuartGrant" - Launceston - after 1st August 2008
      "ParaM" - Hobart - after 1st August 2008
      "rayzurhed" - Burnie - after 1st August 2008

SYD
    • "Coffee Parts" - Pagewood - after 1st August 2008
      "Dennis" - Sylvania - after 1st August 2008
      "Wine of the Bean" - Thornleigh - 1st August 2008

WA
    • Epic - Perth - Friday 2pm-3pm - 1st August 2008

SA
    • The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park - 1st August 2008

8-)

Please understand these dates are a best guess, the courier has the last say!
    (as a rule I think we have always been on time)

Feel free to banter in the below thread and if dates or times need changing in this post let me know.

You might want to schedule a CS get together around the pickup, its great fun getting together will a pile of CSrs for a coffee and a chat. You will find that you exchange roasting tips and whacky concepts and everyone comes away with some new exciting ideas to try.

8-)

Re: BeanBay Pickup Thread - July/August.

Excuse my ignorance, but is / has there been Bean Bay this month ?

Gazz

Comment

Not yet.
      I daresay Andy is about to reveal the beanbay offer for July/August.

Keep an eye out here and in your inbox.

Brett.

Comment

Spot-on Brett!
        (Im a slow typist and an even worse proof reader)

Looky over here Gazz...

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1216633423

Comment

How fixed are these times?

I cant get into the city during business hours on Friday but I could get there Saturday Morning. Is the Perth location open then? Are we allowed to do this (does the pickup point mind?) or is it strictly during the alloted time/date?

Ive had my orders posted in past but would like to place a larger order this time.

Thanks
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by comphelp link=1216629662/0#4 date=1216643765
            I cant get into the city during business hours on Friday but I could get there Saturday Morning. Is the Perth location open then? Are we allowed to do this (does the pickup point mind?) or is it strictly during the alloted time/date?
            Paul
            Paul,

Epic are only opened Monday to Friday (and close early Friday afternoon as well - 3:00 p.m.).... so not on Saturday Im afraid!

Comment

Hi all,

As the prospective "hoarder" of beans for the Launceston area, I just thought Id give everyone a gday, and give a small request?

If you want beans delivered to me (Launceston, north/NE Tas) for pick up, let me know before Bean Bay if possible.

The reason is that there arent a lot of us here (4 so far, to my knowledge), and we probably wont have the volume of orders to make the courier costs worth it for Andy every month (happy to be corrected) - so I thought itd be a better idea if we coordinated to (ideally) have a larger order every 2nd Bean Bay or so. Sound ok?

Cheers,
              Stuart.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1216629662/0#5 date=1216644249
                Epic are only opened Monday to Friday (and close early Friday afternoon as well - 3:00 p.m.).... so not on Saturday Im afraid!
                What are Epics hours?

Paul

Comment

Paul,

Monday - Thursday 6:30 - 4:00
                  Friday 6:30 - 3:30 (half an hour later than they used to be)....

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1216629662/0#8 date=1216647522
                    Paul,

Monday - Thursday 6:30 - 4:00
                    Friday 6:30 - 3:30 (half an hour later than they used to be)....
                    Cheers.

I could easily make it there before 7:30AM on the day after. Is that ok with rules and/or owner of Epica? Or should I just stick with postage?

Comment

Any chance of having the Bondi Junction pickup post reinstated?
                      Cheers and happy Corretting ...

Comment

Comphelp - The Epic crew are pretty cool and will keep your beans there for a few days without a problem. Just drop-in during their business hours to get them.

Anthony - Sadly you are still the only one that ever asks for it. Most people said that parking was a pain which is why we moved to the 3 other sydney pickups. If you can generate enough interest and volume (maybe in a new thread?!?) then we can bring it back (depending on Di Bartoli of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1216629662/0#11 date=1216715485
                          Comphelp - The Epic crew are pretty cool and will keep your beans there for a few days without a problem.  Just drop-in during their business hours to get them.
                          Cheers Andy.

Ill get them as soon as I can after that.

Paul

Comment

Hover, hover, the suspense is almost tooo much - the COFFEE, the tea, the chocolate - 5 mins to go and counting.

Comment

OK can anyone tell me how I checked back two minutes into BB and there was *no* Yirg??! With the indications of larger volumes this month I wasnt exactly thinking it would be another seagull session... Is it still coming or did the enormous stash to survive the feeding frenzy get attacked by sharks and pteradactyls? At least I got my Mexico... just!

Comment

Working...
                              X