BeanBay pickup thread - September 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay pickup thread - September 2008

Below are the dates and times that we expect we can get the next next BeanBay beans bagged, tagged and freighted to the pickup points (assuming prompt payment from everyone).  

MEL
    ##NOTE##
    The 27th Sept is Grand Final day, the following Saturday Ill be at:
    • William Angliss Coffee Academy - 9am Saturday 4th October 2008

QLD
    ##NOTE##
    Gilkatho are starting some renovations so the pickup will be at:
    • Veneziano First Pour - WestEnd - after 26th Sept 2008

ACT
    • "Cruiserman" - Calwell - after 26th Sept 2008

TAS
    • "ParaM" - Hobart - after 26th Sept 2008
      "rayzurhed" - Burnie - after 26th Sept 2008

SYD
    • "Coffee Parts" - Pagewood - after 26th Sept 2008
      "Dennis" - Sylvania - after 26th Sept 2008

WA
    • Epic - Perth - Friday 2pm-3pm  26th Sept 2008

SA
    • The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park - after 26th Sept 2008

8-)

Please understand these dates are a best guess, the courier has the last say!

Feel free to banter in the below thread and if dates or times need changing in this post let me know.

You might want to schedule a CS get together around the pickup, its great fun getting together will a pile of CSrs for a coffee and a chat.  You will find that you exchange roasting tips and whacky concepts and everyone comes away with some new exciting ideas to try.

8-)

Re: BeanBay pickup thread - September 2008

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1221411458/0#0 date=1221411457

WA
    • Epic - Perth - Friday 2pm-3pm  26th August 2008

Geez Andy,

I know we in the West are behind the times...... but a whole month

Missed the pickup already

Comment

For those people who are considering having their greens delivered to "Dennis", just a note to let you know that youll also be able to pick up from the cuppacoffee roastery on a Saturday morning from 9:00am till 12:30pm.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1221411458/0#1 date=1221433552
        Geez Andy,

I know we in the West are behind the times...... but a whole month

Missed the pickup already
        Nah not behind the times, I was going to deliver the WA beans a month before you guys ordered them... good service eh!

(I have fixed the date, my proof reading at 3am is always going to bad)

For those people who are considering having their greens delivered to "Dennis", just a note to let you know that youll also be able to pick up from the cuppacoffee roastery on a Saturday morning from 9:00am till 12:30pm.
        That should be really handy for Sydney CSrs looking for an out of business hours pickup and a good coffee!

Comment

Hmm...I did notice the 3am post.

Cant help yourself hey Andy...true gentleman...great coffee selections...and a big heart, that I think has coffee flowing through it!

Comment

Disappointed to see that the only pickups in sydney are way down south. Only realised this when it came to checkout and i saw no "nunu" collection point.

Oh well my stupidity for not looking before i leaped but then when it comes to beanbay you gotta do that if you want the beans.

Anyway Andy in the past i put my hand up for a northern pickup point but at the time you felt there were enough pickups in sydney. If you do want someone in the sydney northern suburbs I am happy to volunteer again.

I am located in St.Ives (near pymble or hornsby). Of course this is up to you, alternatively if someone else is better located maybe they can shout out.

Comment

These are the same Sydney pickup points as last month and this post was up prior to BeanBay so everyone could see where the pickups were.

A northern pickup point?

Its the same math as always, if you have enough interest then we will try it. The pickup points cost us more than we charge and can only work if there enough volume of beans each month to each of them.

I suggest you start a thread or a poll and see how much interest you can generate, if enough people want one in your area then we will try it for a couple of BeanBay sales to see how it goes.

Comment

Aaah theres where i screwed up again - been way too busy at work to read most of these threads and missed last months beanbay so when i got the email saying tuesday 2pm i just hit the ground running.

I will start a thread asking for interest for a northern suburbs pickup point closer to next months beanbay. It is safe to assume nunu no longer will be doing the pickups?

Comment

Nunu might be doing one next month from home... not 100% confirmed yet.

Comment

My current schedule doesnt allow me to be a pickup point this month. If next months Beanbay is after the 19th, then I will be available again.

Comment

Hi

I would use a pickup point around Carlingford (nunus) or Hornsby area (anythonyd). I live at Thornleigh.

Nunus cafe was a great pickup for me while it lasted. Jill and I enjoyed a cuppa and a chat with them. Now I get the stash delivered to my parents-in-laws place at Parra by the courier option. A bit pricy for me but oh well. They are retired and get woken up in the morning at 7.30 am by the courier :-) But I do supply them with roasted beans for his little Beville espresso maker so that is the price they have to pay for beans :-)

Mike

Comment

ATTN: Those with interstate pickups.

PAY

I really hate having to waste time chasing payment before we ship the interstate items. Make my life easier and allow other CSrs to get their beans on time by paying straight after BeanBay.

If you dont care about me or others maybe you care about you? Any payments not in our bank when we ship interstate will be left out of the carton and you will have to pay additional freight (might even add a "pain in the bum" fee too.

A.

Comment

Andy you have outdone yourself again.

Picked up my beans at the PO this morning, opened them to show the "ladies" who keep asking me about them and then roasted a batch of each by late morning.

This is all the more remarkable because there was a snap mail strike at Dandenong so no mail, except Express was getting out, so I was half expecting them not to be there until Monday.

They look great, nice and clean with big puffs of smoke around second crack.

Looking forward to the cuppings.

Thanks,

Comment

Good stuff Geoff.

Half the staff at the local business mail centre are called "satchel squeezers". We have caught them bear-hugging the roasted satchels to get the one way valves to release aroma of the roasted beans on more than one occasion.

We did a show and tell with green beans too as they were all curious why the heavy ones (green) didnt smell great when hugged.

Comment

It wont be long Andy and you will have to show them how to tamper with the contents of those bags (with a tamper that is )....

I get a similar response here when the couriers pick up the roasters (complete with sample roast)..... It looks really weird when a macho courier bends over and starts to sniff the boxes.....  and then you hear a quiet "MMMMMM" ;D ;D ;D ;D

And even more strange.... they have started dropping in "as they pass by"..... just to see if there are any for collection......hows that for service!

Comment

Working...
                              X