Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BeanBay Pickup in Newcastle - Anyone Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Pickup in Newcastle - Anyone Interested?

Hi All

Im just seeing if theres any interest out there for a BeanBay Pickup in Newcastle?

Im happy to be the contact point, but work out at the RAAF Base, so the best bet would be - if we did it - that I park myself at Hexham on the day of delivery or the nearest day thereafter and everyone pick up from there.  I think we have to have a minimum order of 25kg (50kg?) to make it worthwhile.

Im away from tomorrow through to Wednesday evening with work, so will not be able to reply before then.

The other thought is that, if we dont have enough to do a delivery direct to Newcastle, I dont mind doing a quick drive down to Hornsby (or where the pickup is down that way) if there were enough takers to make it worthwhile - my car is salary sacrificed, so if I put extra kms on it, all the better.

Cheers
    Di

Re: BeanBay Pickup in Newcastle - Anyone Intereste

hello Di

as i said in the other thread i may be good for up to 5kg per Beanbay

even if its not every month we may be able to get something up and running

Darren

Comment

Ooh another Newcastle Coffeesnob, excellent.

Will be sure to revisit if buying beans.

Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Very nice of you to offer Di.

I have moved it to the BeanBay thread to see how many Newcastle locals are interested.

Comment

Id be interested, definately not every month though. I expect my consumption rate to be around 5kg every 3 - 4 months (Ive only just started roasting so cant be exactly sure).

Comment

Id also be interested, and also not every month. I live in Wollongong, but am in Newcastle at least once a week. SinkCut also lives down here and may be interested (I could pick up beans for him)...

Comment

Id also be interested, but like others, not every month at this stage.
              Sill going through my stash

Comment

Yay, my 50th post !!! (Sorry, just having a little moment, there!) :-[ ;D

It sounds like one pickup every two months would be the go. How about we start it at the next Banter in November, and that way its before Christmas silly season occurs - which usually means Im dead broke buying presents for the kids, husband, etc so Ill probably have to order smaller quantities more often.

Andy - how is the best way of going with this. I tried to do a search of whats involved in Beanbay pickups, but couldnt find threads anywhere that gives you any direction (maybe a good sticky under BeanBay Banter?). What is the minimum kg order, how do we know if weve got enough to justify the beans being sent direct, etc?

Cheers
                Di

Comment

Gday Di, also thanks for the offer , well Im at Port Stephens , so add me to the list for at least every second month, probably around 5kg-10kg , Im a newby here so I have no idea yet of how much I will go through , but even with my primitive setup at the moment, friends and family are getting a new appreciation for "real" coffee and I think this will call for larger amounts continually.Cheers Gaz [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Comment

Absolutely no problems, Doryanthes, and welcome!

I work with a tonne of people (as you can imagine, being the RAAF Base) who live up around Port Stephens/Lemon Tree Passage way so if its a long haul for you to go to Hexham, I could probably organise for you to meet someone up your area. Ill work it out with you closer to the time, if you like.

Cheers
                    Di

Comment

Andy - how is the best way of going with this.
                      Send me an email with the shipping address (shipping to a work address is best as the courier needs a human to hand it to).

I tried to do a search of whats involved in Beanbay pickups, but couldnt find threads anywhere that gives you any direction (maybe a good sticky under BeanBay Banter?).
                      ...because we dont want too many of them! They cost us more than we charge for them (Tassie and WA are even more) and if we dont have enough volume then it is worse.

What is the minimum kg order, how do we know if weve got enough to justify the beans being sent direct, etc?
                      Even though some CS have indicated they would like to pickup no-one would know the amount they want prior to BeanBay. And as for the required math, couriers have strange shipping prices where the price to freight 15kg is the same as to ship 25kg and 26kg is the same as 40kg. Currently it takes us nearly a whole day just to pack the pickup point coffee into boxes (that we scrounge each month).... so there is a limit to how many pickup points we can do before it becomes a burden.

A pickup in Newcastle makes sense though so we will try it for a couple of BeanBays and see how it goes.

Comment

Excellent, thanks Andy - my main problem with work address is that, because I work on the RAAF Base, it can be difficult for some couriers to get in through the front gates. However, if they are the standard sort of couriers (ie; TNT, AAE, etc) then they come through all the time to deliver work stuff, so there wont be a problem. My other alternative is that I knock off from work at 3.30pm on a Tuesday and 2.30pm on a Friday, so I could drop in to their depots on my way home if they gave me a call when it arrived. What do you suggest - feel free to PM me, if youd like.

Lets fire away then - are all the Novacastrians/Hunterians, etc happy if we do a pickup in November (ready for Christmas!) and then one in January?

Cheers
                        Di

Comment

Yep, Ill be needing to place an order for November.

Comment

Yes please Di, I will be up for it in November as well , thanks Gaz

Comment

Im definitely interested here too. I order at least 2.5kg, pretty much every month. I know a couple of others as well that I can prod and see if theyre able to commit to anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X