SATURDAY 17th January

16:00 ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    15:30 SA
    15:00 QLD
    14:30 NT
    14:00 WA

In BeanBay at the above times we will have:

Brazil Alterosa RFA $8.00/kg*
    Brazil Alterosa RFA - If you are looking for a well rounded coffee with good balance then this is it.  Because of its balance and good body it will also make a great base to an espresso blend.  I liked this at a CS9 roast but it should work ok a little either side of that too.

Ethiopian Gambella Naturals $8.50/kg*
    Ethiopian Gambella Naturals.  Its back, the ugly little bean that packs a punch.  Sun dried, dry process which produces rich syrupy espresso shots full of earthy spice.  Great as a bold single origin or add it to a base bean to tame it a little.

Honduras La Central SHG $8.50/kg*
    Honduras La Central SHG.  Strictly High Grown this Honduran comes from the La Central coffee coop and is the first Honduran coffee we have seen for a while.  At a roast depth of CS8-9 it is bright and lively with a light body and provides a great contrast to beans like the gambella that we have this month. Washed, well graded and dense makes this an easy one to roast.

Ethiopian Harrar Longberry $10.50/kg*
    This Ethiopian Harrar Longberry was certified organic at origin and is one of the cleanest dry processed Harrars we have ever offered.  In the cup it produces a mid bodied espresso shot with wild and fruity flavours that make it a standout.

Sumatra Blue Lintong $9.00/kg*
    Sumatra Blue Lintong - Wet hulled, well processed and nearly translucent in appearance as a green bean.  When roasted, think BIG.  Huge body with bold over the top flavours.  If you like delicate mild coffees then this one is certainly not for you. Great as a single origin or use it to add "cricket bat" punch to one of your blends.

We also have:

Cup Of Excellence sample pack
    Snobby Chai - Chai Spice
    5 different specialty teas.
    2 different pure cocoas.

All CoffeeSnobs green beans are packed into 2.5kg lots in cotton bags. These bags are perfect for storing your beans in a cool dark place for years.

*includes $0.50/kg FairCrack donation.

Re: BeanBay GREEN sale - Saturday 17th Jan 2009

Pickup Points

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - "Hoyks" – Newcastle
    SYD - "Dennis" - Sylvania
    SYD - "Coffee Parts" – Pagewood
    SYD - "Nunu" - Carlingford
    CBR - "Cruiserman" – Calwell
    MEL - Veneziano - Abbotsford
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    TAS - "rayzurhed" – Burnie
    SA - The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" – Wembley

Of course, all the beans can also be shipped using Australia Post satchels too.

This year we do ask that anything bought in BeanBay is paid for that day so it wont hold-up other CSrs orders.  Any pickup point order that isnt paid for when we freight the interstate beans will not ship and you will incur higher transport costs.

(beans should be at all the pickup points on the 30th or 31st of Jan)

Note: We have a new pickup point in WA this month.  Simon (Caffeinefreak) in Wembley has kindly offered to host it on a Saturday morning so the CSrs who cannot get away from work during the week have a chance to get there too.

Comment

Hi Andy,

Are the times listed, all AEDST ?... ie: 15:00 QLD . .is 14:00 local QLD time

Comment

No, they are all local time so 1600 AEDST = 1530 (SA) = 1500 (QLD) = etc

Bean Bay is open to everyone at the same instant.

Comment

Originally posted by 53476D5600320 link=1232041993/2#2 date=1232056483
          Hi Andy,

Are the times listed, all AEDST ?... ie: 15:00 QLD . .is 14:00 local QLD time
          Given that all other east coast states are 16:00 AEDST, itd be safe to assume 15:00 is local Qld time (otherwise youd be getting a head-start at 14:00).

Comment

Just a quick question. As this will be my first beanbay - green buy I would like to know is it as simple as going into the bean bay at the specific time, ordering the amount and selecting delivery method.
            Could it be that simple I ask. I wont be home at the times aloted so this will be on a mobile phone.
            I assume that once the qtys have been sold that there wont be anymore till next beanbay and one last question what are the amounts that normaly go up for sale ie. how many kilos of each been.

Comment

The short answer to your question is yes. My first experience was that simple - but you also have to have the timing right.

The assumption is not correct as Bean Bay is always open and Andy also makes beans available even when the Bean Bay monthly isnt on. He will release some beans now and then - even the keenly sort ones and you just need to keep your eye out. The price is a little higher than the montly offering but still cheaper than other sources but do check other sponsors as they sell green beans that you might be after that arent in Bean Bay

Comment

Hi all Nuveau Castleans

I thought this time, Id try and do the pickup at a Cafe so we can all sit down and have a chat (rather than huddling out in the rain outside Red Rooster!)

The only one that comes to mind (and I havent approached the owner yet, so I have to ascertain whether it would be okay for us to congregate) is a lovely little cafe in Lorn called Real Coffee" - just over the bridge from Maitland. Realising this may be quite a distance for some people, if anyone has any other suggestions, Im very open to them.

Please PM me if you have somewhere else that youd like to suggest - Im happy to travel anywhere as Ill do it on Saturday 29th.

Cheers
                Di

Comment

Originally posted by 6277363036030 link=1232041993/5#5 date=1232061614
                  I would like to know is it as simple as going into the bean bay at the specific time, ordering the amount and selecting delivery method.
                  There are plenty of beans but also plenty of avid buyers. Popular lots can be gone in minutes even when there is over 120kg of a particular variety on offer!

The key is to be very punctual.

Cheers

Comment

I will be in a park flying kites with 50 or 60 kids. Anyone got a next G card I can borrow Either that or be kind and leave me some :

Comment

I know your pain beanflying as I will be away as well although I had a brain storm as my friend
                      has one of those mobile internet things you plug into your laptop. Now I just hope there is signal

Comment

Woohoo for the Ethiopians - I love these beans! But alas I will not be buying as my supplies are plentiful.

Comment

aarrghh ... Ill be away all this weekend too, but I am still on my popper roasting (for now), and any new bean is going to be ... well new and exciting.
                          I will see what is left on Sunday night ...

Comment

Originally posted by 505B4C5B585F5F543A0 link=1232041993/11#11 date=1232066712
                            Woohoo for the Ethiopians - I love these beans! But alas I will not be buying as my supplies are plentiful.
                            Thats no excuse not to buy more! ;D

Is this a good time to mention the shelf life of green beans?

Comment

What lot size can you order, as this will be my 1st as well

Comment

Working...
                              X