• Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Monthly Sale - Saturday 16th May 2009

BeanBay Monthly Sale

SATURDAY 16th May 2009
    20:00 QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    19:30 SA, NT
    18:00 WA

In BeanBay starting at the above local times we will have the following green beans:

Nicaragua Finca Dipilto SHG – The first thing you notice about this bean is the sweet coffee cherry smell as a green bean.  Roasted at CS8 you get floral cloud off the grinder and in the cup a really bright, sweet, nearly crisp coffee with a sharp finish. $9.50/kg*

Dominican Republic Calderon   – grown in the southern region of the Dominican Republic by small holder farmers who pool their beans through a co op which mills, grades and sells them.  Mid bodied and bright it produces a clean well balanced cup that  is more reminiscent of expensive island coffees.  $10.50/kg*

Mexico Tapachula El Tacana - High grown, dense beans that have been wet processed, patio sun dried and well graded.  Mid light in body and great cocoa style shots from a darker roast make this coffee a standout. $10.00/kg*

Peru Ceja de Selva Estate - Organic certified at origin by Naturland this high grown coffee comes from an estate at the base of the Andes and is the best Peruvian organic I have ever tried.  The bean grading has some variation and like all true organic coffee there are some brokens and minor insect damage beans which add to the authenticity.  In the cup this washed (but not polished) coffee produces  great body with a long mid-palate profile.  Great as a single origin espresso or as a base to a more exotic blend. $10.50/kg*

PNG Gouno Highlands - Sourced direct from the local farmers 80km south of Goroka the Gouno Highland coffee is grown at 2200 meters above sea level.  While not officially certified organic it is grown 100% naturally without the use of pesticides or herbicides and is only fertilised using natural forest floor mulch.  Purchased without a chain of middlemen means that an additional 20% goes directly back into local projects making this very fairly traded coffee.  Semi washed and very well processed it produces a bright, sharp espresso that really cuts through milk and will become a CS favourite for sure. $10.50/kg*

Brazil Cafezinho Bourbon is a sun dried, natural dry processed bean and as expected it produced a lot of chaff when roasting.  As espresso at a CS9 roast depth it is good bodied with an initial sweetness that then morphs as it rolls across the palate with just a touch of acidity to end up as very well rounded bean.  Good as a single origin Brazil (if you like S.O. Brazils) but for me it would shine as a major Brazil base that you would add something wild and funky to. $8.50/kg*

DECAF - Wow! (Swiss Water Process)
    Working closely with the Swiss Water team we have developed a custom Swiss Water Process Decaf that is as close to Espresso Wow as we can get. You will stun your friends and family when you tell them this good bodied, whole palate balanced coffee is a decaf. $15/kg*

All green beans are packed into 2.5kg lots in CoffeeSnobs natural cotton bags.  These are perfect for storing your beans in a cool dark place for years.

* pricing includes $0.50/kg FairCrack donation.

Pickup Points

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - Real Coffee – Newcastle
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    NSW - Cuppacoffee - Sylvania
    NSW - Coffee Parts – Pagewood
    ACT - "Cruiserman" – Calwell
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford
    TAS - "Alistair1" - Launceston
    TAS - "rayzurhed" – Burnie
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" – Wembley

As always, orders can be shipped using Australia Post express satchels which is always the quickest method of getting your order.

Roasted beans and other BeanBay items can be shipped to the pickup points too.  Roasted orders will be roasted as close to the shipping day as we can manage to ensure you still get fresh roasted beans.

We do ask that anything bought in BeanBay is paid for the same day so it wont hold-up other CSrs orders.  Any pickup point order that isnt paid for when we freight the interstate beans will not ship and you will either incur higher transport costs or the order will be cancelled without notice.

We hope to get all the beans to the pickup points by the 29th May.

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country.  Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Re: BeanBay Monthly Sale - Saturday 16th May 2009

Some of the emails just sent had weird font changes that caused 20:00 to become 20th.
    >

The correct times are:

SATURDAY 16th May 2009

20:00 QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    19:30 SA, NT
    18:00 WA

Comment

I highly recommend the Peru!! Im loving it at the moment.

Comment

With the increase in decaf choices, I mightnt drink caffeinated again! Just kidding.

Is it known yet when the Melb pickup at First Pour is?

Comment

Originally posted by 7446494D270 link=1242307178/2#2 date=1242338320
          I highly recommend the Peru!!
          Are you kidding? They ALL sound great! ;D

Originally posted by 4C484F4E270 link=1242307178/3#3 date=1242342303
          Originally posted by 6649435E270 link=1242307178/0#0 date=1242307177
          We hope to get all the beans to the pickup points by the 29th May.

Comment

Originally posted by 5C6E61650F0 link=1242307178/2#2 date=1242338320
            Completely agree! Im loving the Peru at the moment (well I was loving it until I ran out ) Definitely picking up a new batch!

Plus the Mexico and Dominican Republic look very nice!

Tres excited ;D

Comment

Got both emails fine! ;D

But nothing came up on the toolbar!

Still, very minor complaints about an overall excellent outstanding service/product.

Originally posted by 63676061080 link=1242307178/3#3 date=1242342303
              X2 Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 5466696D070 link=1242307178/2#2 date=1242338320

I hope Andy is sitting on more than the 45kg currently available in the beanbay...

Might be a bit of a frenzy ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 747C646E73170 link=1242307178/7#7 date=1242345492
                  Originally posted by 5466696D070 link=1242307178/2#2 date=1242338320

I hope Andy is sitting on more than the 45kg currently available in the beanbay...

Might be a bit of a frenzy  ;D
                  The first roast I did with this came out very uneven. So much so I gave the beans away.
                  Thought that the fault could have been the paddle on my Corretto coming up and not agitating all the beans properly. Fixed. Tried another batch. Same thing. Ah well.

Tried them a week later. Probably one of the nicest beans I have had!
                  Dont trust roast colour and evenness! Lesson learned.

That 45kg is going to go quick!

Comment

Well, ill be outa town on Sat, but with the great feed back on the Peru, Ive placed an order for some of that! and a bit of the bourbon, cant wait to try it out!

Comment

Excellent variation again The finca sounds like a good one for a Syphon.

Now if I can resist the others any keep the stash down a little this month :

Comment

We can do this Melbourne pickup the week before as we dont have to rely on dodgy couriers.

Sat 23rd May
                        Veneziano, Bond St, Abbotsford.
                        10:30-11:30

Comment

Originally posted by 02282425223A4B0 link=1242307178/9#9 date=1242353538
                          Well, ill be outa town on Sat, but with the great feed back on the Peru, Ive placed an order for some of that! and a bit of the bourbon, cant wait to try it out!
                          The Brazil is really nice. Easy bean to roast and has great body! I hope you enjoy it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 65626669616B7E6E6960070 link=1242307178/10#10 date=1242353847
                            Now if I can resist the others any keep the stash down a little this month  
                            Im with you BF we can resist, we can resist :-/ :-

Whatever ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 283F3E2035343F6B686B5A0 link=1242307178/13#13 date=1242371030
                              Originally posted by 65626669616B7E6E6960070 link=1242307178/10#10 date=1242353847
                              Now if I can resist the others any keep the stash down a little this month  
                              Im with you BF we can resist, we can resist  :-/ :-

Whatever  ;D

You guys are like Hard core Addicts attempting recovery - Cold turkey...

Ya mean well and promise the world and have all good intentions...  

BUT YA KNOW YA GOING TO GIVE IN TO THE BEAN...

Comment

Working...
                              X