• Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Monthly Sale - Tuesday 14th July 2009

BeanBay Monthly Sale

TUESDAY 14th July 2009

20:00 QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    19:30 SA, NT
    18:00 WA

In BeanBay starting at the above local times we will have the following green beans:

Sumatra Sipangan Bolon Grade 1 $10/kg*
    Grown on the Toba Estate in the North of Sumatra these are wet hulled and very well graded. Huge body and enough acidity to work really well in milk, great coffee.

Java Blawan Estate WP1 - $10/kg*
    (washed process, grade 1) These washed, not wet hulled produce a mid bodied, cleaner espresso shot. Quite sweet in milk and slightly spicy as an espresso.

Aceh Gajah Mountain Grade 1 $11/kg*
    Wet hulled and well graded these near translucent blue/green beans produce a thick, rich, syrupy espresso shot. All body with a hint of earthiness that is great as a single origin espresso.

Java Washed Grade 1 Robusta $8.50/kg*
    YES, its a robusta, very high processed washed robusta that produces a sharp bite as an espresso but excellent for bringing some Italian style to one of your blends.

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe $9.50/kg*
    Stunning ground aroma and good acidity makes this a standout. These small, narrow, long beans are unique in the coffee world and are only found in Yirgacheffe. You get a more floral grind aroma off the lighter roasts but this bean works through a range of roast depths with a light body, bright acidity and easy to control through the roast.

Brazil Original Bourbon $10/kg*
    Processed using the original pulp natural methods and then sorted and graded perfectly. Makes a great Brazilian style single origin espresso or use as the canvas for your own blend.

Indian Monsoon Malabar AA $9.50/kg
    These beans have been left to dry in large warehouses that are exposed to the moist winds during the Indian monsoon season. This unique process leaves a bean with reduced acidity, lighter colour and weight. Huge body, miles of crema and an earth spiciness that makes for a really interesting single origin roast or you can happily use in a blend that is missing those attributes.

Plus we have stock of:
    Red African Cocoa
    Mexico Soconusco Criollo (Raw Cocao Beans)
    PNG Broken Pekoe grade 1 Tea
    Ceylon English Breakfast Tea
    Darjeeling Kanchenjunga Tea
    Earl Grey blended Tea

Plus some really cool Australian made keyrings and lapel pins.

All green beans are packed into 2.5kg lots in CoffeeSnobs natural cotton bags. These are perfect for storing your beans in a cool dark place for years.

* pricing includes $0.50/kg FairCrack donation.

Pickup Points

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - Real Coffee – Newcastle
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    NSW - Cuppacoffee - Sylvania
    NSW - Coffee Parts – Pagewood
    ACT - "Cruiserman" – Calwell
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (Sat 1/8/09 10:30-11:30)
    TAS - "Alistair1" - Launceston
    TAS - "rayzurhed" – Burnie
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" – Wembley

As always, orders can be shipped using Australia Post express satchels which is always the quickest method of getting your order.

Roasted beans and other BeanBay items can be shipped to the pickup points too. Roasted orders will be roasted as close to the shipping day as we can manage to ensure you still get fresh roasted beans.

We do ask that anything bought in BeanBay is paid for the same day so it wont hold-up other CSrs orders. Any pickup point order that isnt paid for when we freight the interstate beans will not ship and you will either incur higher transport costs or the order will be cancelled without notice.

We hope to get all the beans to the pickup points by the 31st of July.

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Re: BeanBay Monthly Sale - Tuesday 14th July 2009

PS:

Sorry for the short notice, we only just picked-up the last of the coffee from the docks and will be franticly bagging it so it makes BeanBay-green tonight.  

I thought it best that these greens go up ASAP else it would slide another week.
    8-)

Sometimes customs and freight companies make us run right to the wire.
    >

Comment

Thanks for getting  more Yirgacheffe,    best beans Ive had in a long time,  hope to grab more tonight.  8-)

Comment

Happy to help when we can.

Often we just cannot get more of a bean but this time we got lucky and have grabbed the rest of the shipment.

There should be plenty to go around of all the beans.

Comment

Yirg Yirg Yirg! woohoo! will have fingers poised tonight! ;D

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by 2E2F7174430 link=1247540308/4#4 date=1247543747
            Yirg Yirg Yirg! woohoo! will have fingers poised tonight!  ;D

Mark

;D

Good luck this time Mark

Comment

I think I more excited about the Aceh Gajah MG. Heard some good things about this bad boy if you like it short dark and strong!

Comment

I am just excited. Of course I have promised not to purchase anymore until stocks run low. Do I sound convincing :-/

Chris

Comment

I managed to buy some Yirg when it unexpectdly turned up in a corner of beanbay, so Ill get to try that for my first roasting session.
                  Are any others beans listed above ones that CSers would consider to be stand-out beans (presuming they have turned up here before) ?

Ive not tried enough SO beans to know which of the above would be nice and distinctly different tasting (to the yirg for example) to my untrained palate

Comment

They are ALL great IMO, dont hold back

Comment

Originally posted by 7760617F6A6B60343734050 link=1247540308/7#7 date=1247544575
                      until stocks run low
                      Do what politicians do and just change the definition of what "low stocks" means.

Comment

Ive had some pretty bad experiences with Indonesian coffee.

Looking forward to this one

Comment

Re: BeanBay Monthly Sale - Tuesday 14th July 2our bean stach that 009

Originally posted by 6F7879677273782C2F2C1D0 link=1247540308/7#7 date=1247544575
                          I have promised not to purchase anymore until stocks run low
                          I heard a rumour that it was your bean stash that was causing rising tide lines on that little island... nothing to do with global warming.

Originally posted by 717473737C78731D0 link=1247540308/8#8 date=1247545914
                          which of the above would be nice and distinctly different tasting
                          All of em! They are all different to the Yirg and they are all nice (else whats the point!)

As far as processing goes, get one of the wet hulled and the monsoon. Both vastly different processing methods and flavours.

Originally posted by 797C73787F7268641D0 link=1247540308/6#6 date=1247544247
                          Aceh Gajah
                          Yeah, all these Indos (and 4 more in the next BeanBay too) are amazing... best we have seen and tasted for years and I know we will have some great feedback on all of them.

Comment

Ok, Ill do all you Yirg addicts a favour and not press the buy button tonight, unless I get into a buying frenzy, which actually always happens when I see the current stock number falling. I figure if its falling fast it must be good, so i should get some just to be sure.

However, I have more green beans than I can cope with (80 kgs & 37 different varieties I think to date). I buy the browns as well (mainly for work consumption) and am still a learner roaster with my Hottop B, and dont much get around to roasting.

Besides my La Pavoni Professional (Lever) has just arrived and is going home with me tonight, so Ill be torn between the Snobs site & playing with the new toy.

good hunting everyone.

Rose

Comment

Ohhh.. new toy! Certainly a great looking machine although Im yet to have a play with one.

Look forward to reading (in another section) how you go with it and how much difference it makes to your coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X