Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoffeeSnobs Freight.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CoffeeSnobs Freight.

    We are looking at a new courier option that will get beans around the country faster, with better tracking and potentialy an even cheaper price when they see our volumes over a couple of month period.

    The gotchas are:

    they wont deliver to post office boxes

    and if no one is home...
    they will be instructed to leave the parcel at the address.

    The reason we wont have them just card the delivery is that they will charge us a redelivery fee of $10 and it would be too messy to try and pass that back onto you.

    With all our current freight methods and thousands of deliveries a year we only ever really have problems with domestic addresses.

    If everyone changed their postal address in BeanBay to a work address or somewhere that is staffed during business hours (local milkbar, pub, a friends workplace or similar) then our quoted price has more chance of improving.

    (We will also continue to have the AustPost option for those that need it)

    So...
    Can everyone please jump into Bean Bay and ensure that your delivery address is a work one?

    8-)

    User Details Page:
    http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/UserDetails.aspx?Action=Edit

    Ta.

  • #2
    Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

    One of my clients uses this courier, and their re-orders have dropped and their customer support load has gone up. I can pm you the link to the site - while not a regular orderer I generally have a particular hatred for the courier, if its the one I think it is - as the redelivery fee and qualifiers are identical (though they have a higher value delivery so wont leave @ address).

    cheaper = better, faster = better, bigger range = better though. hard call.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

      My work address is no good, as deliveries to there are a PITA (even I have trouble finding the dock).

      Im happy for them to leave at my door if my wife is not home.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

        Ditto for me - impossible delivering to me at the Base and the Security Staff wont let parcels be left for people in the Pass Office (how unreasonable, they worry that it could be dodgy!)

        Class me with AM - if Im not at home, a parcel could be left at the door and be secure in our neck of the worrds. Enough people at home around me to stop any miscreants.

        Cheers
        Di

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

          Originally posted by 507761736B180 link=1249185297/3#3 date=1249201819
          Class me with AM
          Are we interchangeable now?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

            Originally posted by 1428352E242532272F24400 link=1249185297/4#4 date=1249203198
            Originally posted by 507761736B180 link=1249185297/3#3 date=1249201819
            Class me with AM
            Are we interchangeable now?

            I am Confused ... :-?


            Then again my wife has always said I was until I met her... :-*


            Dont tell her I am regressing :-[

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

              This is also not a good option for us. We live in Weipa and have no postal service for home addresses. Our employer will get agitated if we get deliveries to work so PO BOX is our only option.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

                Will there still be a sponsor drop point available??
                Since I live close and visit often

                Or are we talking direct delivery for all green beans purchases

                P.S. I work from home (someone almost always home)
                & I have a P.O. Box and my nice post master will take my parcels

                KK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

                  I am self employed and home is my base, Im more than happy to collect beans from our regular pickup point as its a great way to catch up with fellow snobs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

                    Originally posted by 7C697E7E75767A751B0 link=1249185297/8#8 date=1249208436
                    I am self employed and home is my base, Im more than happy to collect beans from our regular pickup point as its a great way to catch up with fellow snobs.
                    Yes Greenman youre right!
                    Just so you know the WA bulk delivery is sent to an office and is secure. We bring it to the pickup point and sort it. Catching up with other CSs is the best part. Always learning something new 8-)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

                      For some time now, Ive gotten Andy to put a note on my boxes to tell the courier that it was ok to leave it if no ones home.

                      Couple of months back, I got home one day and the box was opened.

                      Beans were still there lol. Not many people know what to do with green coffee

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.


                        Originally posted by 426F6E657F627F720B0 link=1249185297/1#1 date=1249189603
                        One of my clients uses this courier, and their re-orders have dropped and their customer support load has gone up. I can pm you the link to the site - while not a regular orderer I generally have a particular hatred for the courier, if its the one I think it is - as the redelivery fee and qualifiers are identical (though they have a higher value delivery so wont leave @ address).

                        cheaper = better, faster = better, bigger range = better though. hard call.
                        :-?

                        Ill bite! Which courier are you thinking of?

                        Originally posted by 5F637E656F6E796C646F0B0 link=1249185297/2#2 date=1249194236
                        My work address is no good, as deliveries to there are a PITA
                        I understand that will be true for some people.

                        Originally posted by 43647260780B0 link=1249185297/3#3 date=1249201819
                        Security Staff wont let parcels be left
                        Beans dont tick.


                        Originally posted by 666E6762656F6A0B0 link=1249185297/6#6 date=1249204180
                        We live in Weipa ... so PO BOX is our only option.
                        Thats fine.

                        Originally posted by 40646D6D6E6E5440647866640B0 link=1249185297/7#7 date=1249205345
                        Will there still be a sponsor drop point available
                        Yes, we will still send to the pickup points around the country. We will just be using a better company with better tracking and service.

                        Originally posted by 6C796E6E65666A650B0 link=1249185297/8#8 date=1249208436
                        Im more than happy to collect beans from our regular pickup point as its a great way to catch up with fellow snobs.
                        I totally agree! Freight to pickup points has always been subsidised and will continue to be... no change there. I enjoy our pick up day too! Everyone gets to share tips, tricks and ideas.... and meet other CSrs who love to talk coffee.

                        Originally posted by 4C6A7D62653A0B0 link=1249185297/10#10 date=1249217302
                        Couple of months back, I got home one day and the box was opened.


                        I wonder what they thought about the suss looking "bags of colombian"



                        At some point in the future...

                        We will have a preference for people getting their orders delivered to
                        work and not PO boxes... not a demand.

                        If your beans are getting delivered by a courier and your not home they will leave them, its up to you to determine if they will be safe.

                        The Australia Post (and of course the pickup point) options will still be there for those that cannot use the courier.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

                          Originally posted by 58777D60190 link=1249185297/11#11 date=1249218551
                          Ill bite!  Which courier are you thinking of?
                          from the conditions, it sounded identical to Australian Air Express. if its not, excellent! hope that helps.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

                            Great. I much rather parcels like green coffee to be left at my doorstep than have to go the PO to pick them up - Im often too busy to get there during their hours. The deviates in my neighbourhood have no use for green coffee, so no problem. (Work is no good for me to receive anything).

                            Originally posted by 7659534E370 link=1249185297/11#11 date=1249218551
                            I wonder what they thought about the suss looking "bags of colombian"
                            Id love to see the look of disappointment on the faces of my local deviates when they open that one only to find green beans!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: CoffeeSnobs Freight.

                              Originally posted by 0D3C2B3233343F32245D0 link=1249185297/13#13 date=1249274241
                              Great. I much rather parcels like green coffee to be left at my doorstep than have to go the PO to pick them up - Im often too busy to get there during their hours. The deviates in my neighbourhood have no use for green coffee, so no problem. (Work is no good for me to receive anything).

                              Originally posted by 7659534E370 link=1249185297/11#11 date=1249218551
                              I wonder what they thought about the suss looking "bags of colombian"  
                              Id love to see the look of disappointment on the faces of my local deviates when they open that one only to find green beans!

                              Na.. They will strip off teh hession bags / wash it to recover teh white powder and then dry and smoke it - as it was a Hemp bag :-) and we all know what real hemp is

                              Ya beans will end up in a fertiliser bag ;D

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X