This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Sale - 15th Sept 2009

(below is the email that was sent to everyone)

I have just returned from a great couple of days at the Royal Adelaide Show were the South Australian State Cupping, Latte Art and Barista championships were run and won. Jonny took the Cupping and Latte Art crown in a great double and Fiefy won the Barista Championship for the second year in a row. Congrats to both!

The really good news for CS’rs is the coffee that we developed with Fiefy for this competition is now available to purchase roasted in BeanBay and we hope to carry this blend for as long as we can keep sourcing the contents. Due to the complexity of the blend it is only available as a 1kg minimum but I’m sure a friend or workmate will be happy to share a bag with you.

BeanBay Green Bean Monthly Sale
    TUESDAY 15th September 2009
    beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au

20:00 QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    19:30 SA, NT
    18:00 WA

We will have the following beans available:
    Bolivia Caranavi Fairtrade & Organic
    India Plantation A Grade
    Nicaragua Dipilto Estate
    Papua New Guinea Wahgi AA
    Peru Ceja de Selva Estate
    (See the forum for more details)

We are also launching an additional freight company for anyone sending their orders to a BUSINESS ADDRESS and NOT a PO BOX. Star Track Express are great value on heavier orders and offer very fast, traceable deliveries but they have been instructed to leave the parcel safe at the address if no one is in attendance. In BeanBay User Details, you will see 2 new options one to say this is a business address and one to say this is not a PO Box, please tick those boxes to see the Star Track Express freight options.

There is also new lower pricing for the Melbourne metro courier and we should have even more freight options online next month for non-business addresses and PO box deliveries.

Have a great coffee month!

Re: BeanBay Sale - 15th Sept 2009

Here is the list of coffees that will appear in BeanBay tonight

Bolivia Caranavi Fairtrade Organic
    ...is the first certified Fairtrade and Organic at origin coffee that we have offered for a while. Its become rare to find both certifications on a good coffee and this is certainly a good coffee. Initially sweet with a nearly a brazil nut flavoured finish in the lighter test roast at CS8+ $10.50/kg*

India Plantation A Grade
    ...comes from the Chikmaglur district. Its a clean washed and size graded coffee that produces a great body, mid acidity and a sweet finish. Really easy to roast, you should aim around CS9 for the best espresso results. $9.50/kg*

Papua New Guinea Wahgi AA
    ...very well processed beans that produce an even roast. Good body, sweet in milk and another very easy bean to roast. Works well as a clean and bright CS8+ roast through to deeper espresso roasts at CS9+ An all round great coffee. $11/kg*

Peru Ceja de Selva Estate $10.50/kg*
    Organic certified at origin by Naturland this high grown coffee comes from an estate at the base of the Andes and is the best Peruvian organic I have ever tried. The bean grading has some variation and like all true organic coffee there are some brokens and minor insect damage beans which add to the authenticity. In the cup this washed (but not polished) coffee produces great body with a long mid-palate profile. Great as a single origin espresso or as a base to a more exotic blend.

Nicaragua Dipilto Estate
    ...is located in the north west of the country and they produce a clean, hand graded bean. In the cup you find a great example of a well balanced single origin. Mid bodied with some initial sweetness followed by a slightly citrus acidity in the finish at a CS9 roast depth. A really nice, crisp, clean Central American coffee. $10/kg*

* Price includes $0.50 FairCrack per kilo and cotton packaging.

Comment

(sorry to triple post but it manes sense to post these 3 this way)

Please note that apart the new freight options mentioned we will also be having the Melbourne Pickup at Talk Coffee in Northcote to welcome the new roaster and toy site. Should be a fun morning.
      8-)

This is also a one-off, and the October pickup will be at Veneziano in Abbotsford again.

Comment

another delicious looking selection Mr Freeman, and more of the Finca Dipilto! Yay!!! Thanks to you sir!

Comment

Hi, can someone tell me if the Dipilto is anything like the Nicaraguan Bella Vista. Ive just run out of Bella Vista and cant seem to track down more of it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 764A494A484A4B250 link=1252944627/4#4 date=1252967045
            if the Dipilto is anything like the Nicaraguan Bella Vista
            Without having tried either, I would say unlikely as they from different estates.

But I thought Bella Vista was a Costa Rican coffee??

Comment

Ooohh. Good timing. My stash of Peru Ceja de Selva Estate has just run out this week. :-)

Comment

is there an Adelaide pickup?

Comment

*capuchin eyes the PNG Wahgi AA*

Andy - along with cupping and roasting notes, maybe you need to consider adding spousal approval suggestions...?

Great lineup!

Comment

contact Mark at Coffee Barun for Adelaide pick up!

Comment

*charges up the iphone in a vain attempt to order Waghi over dinner tonight*

Comment

Originally posted by 29140C1109130418610 link=1252944627/6#6 date=1252970300
                        Good timing.My stash of Peru Ceja de Selva Estate has just run out this week.
                        My own stash is getting light too. Its a great coffee.

Originally posted by 020011140209080F610 link=1252944627/8#8 date=1252977125
                        spousal approval suggestions
                        Err... "gee this coffee taste good"?
                        and if spouse doesnt like coffee then grab some cocoa.

Originally posted by 0A0003080F15180D040F610 link=1252944627/10#10 date=1252979973
                        *charges up the iphone in a vain attempt to order Waghi over dinner tonight*
                        There is fairly huge load of Wahgi... plenty for a night of BB.

Originally posted by 07140D0D0E0711000F00020904610 link=1252944627/7#7 date=1252976327
                        is there an Adelaide pickup?
                        All the pickups are available in BeanBay now and as always, BeanBay shows the correct freight options for your address at the time of ordering (including the new courier options of both road and air freight)

Comment

Originally posted by 69464C51280 link=1252944627/0#0 date=1252944627
                          (below is the email that was sent to everyone)

I have just returned from a great couple of days at the Royal Adelaide Show were the South Australian State Cupping, Latte Art and Barista championships were run and won.  Jonny took the Cupping and Latte Art crown in a great double and Fiefy won the Barista Championship for the second year in a row.  Congrats to both
                          Are you coming over for the WA championships in November Andy, Im sure all the WA snobs would love to catch up???? :

Comment

My November is pretty full but if I can I will.

Its been 24 years since I was last in Perth.... much changed in that time?
                            ;D

Comment

If I could only ever buy one coffee for the rest of my life, the decision would be easy

Bring on the PNG Wahgi!!

Thanks Andy  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Working...
                              X