• GREEN BeanBay sale - Nov 2009

CoffeeSnobs Monthly GREEN BeanBay sale

MONDAY 9th November 2009

20:00 ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    19:30 SA
    19:00 QLD
    18:30 NT
    17:00 WA

At the above date and times we will have the following  green beans appear in BeanBay

Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo - Jumbo supremo sized beans (18+ screen) make this Colombian roast pretty. Clean, graded and easy to roast it will work through a range of roast profiles but I like it at CS9-10 where it produces syrupy sweet pours. Great as a single origin coffee or ad something wild and funky to produce an exciting blend.
    $10.00/kg*

Ethiopian Harrar Longberry
    The new crop of the Longberry has arrived!  Great grading for a dry processed coffee and as soon as you open the roasted bag you get hit with the fruity berry aromas that Harar is famous for.  Light in body as an espresso but with a tighter pour it will become a heavier shot.  Great coffee and we have plenty of it.
    $10.50/kg*

Guatemala Huehuetenango SHB.
    We have managed to source some more of the popular Huehuetenango (pronounced Wee Wee Ten Ay Go).  Good body, sweet and balanced its washed and very well graded and is easy to get good roast results with this one.
    $9.50/kg*

Sumatra Lintong Paranginan
    This wet hulled Lintong is a cleaner roast than most Sumatran beans due to its low chaff.  Some roasters will choose to take this one darker without adding as much smokey flavours that can come from smouldering chaff.  It will produce a bright, lemony citrus coffee at CS8 suitable for syphon or even drip but I still enjoy it at CS9 as a slightly earthy, heavier espresso.
    $10.00/kg*

We have also sourced some more:
    Ethiopia Kuza
    Sumatra Panjang Mandheling
    Costa Rica Cafetalera Herbazu

If you got the Costa last time it would be nice if you leave this small amount for other CSrs that missed it.

* All pricing includes $0.50 FairCrack donation per kilo and cotton bag packaging.

Details on the pickup points around the country are in this thread:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1257685052

Re: GREEN BeanBay sale - Nov 2009

I spy with my little eye some green beans to roast

Good line up this month Andy

KK

Comment

I only just finished packing them at 11:30pm, ergo the late notice.

Originally posted by 755158585B5B6175514D53513E0 link=1257684716/1#1 date=1257685636
      some green beans to roast
      Not just beans either, we also have new stock of teas and even some special Extra Virgin Olive Oil (bizarre but true)

Comment

Originally posted by 0B242E334A0 link=1257684716/2#2 date=1257686705
        even some special Extra Virgin Olive Oil  
        ohhh really? How long ago was it pressed? is it Australian? tell us more please!  

**edit** duh, its already listed, so easy to find out where its from.

Comment

How does one go about NOT buying more greens?

Comment

Originally posted by 4D454A4C441E1B2F0 link=1257684716/4#4 date=1257715545
            you go to Canberra and do my job for me and I go to the pub and try to pretend theres nothing on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by 4148534A414C44290 link=1257684716/5#5 date=1257715998
              Originally posted by 4D454A4C441E1B2F0 link=1257684716/4#4 date=1257715545
              you go to Canberra and do my job for me and I go to the pub and try to pretend theres nothing on sale?
              Or we could just both go to the pub? No offence to Canberra.....

Comment

Originally posted by 464F544D464B432E0 link=1257684716/3#3 date=1257709652
                Originally posted by 0B242E334A0 link=1257684716/2#2 date=1257686705
                even some special Extra Virgin Olive Oil  
                ohhh really? How long ago was it pressed? is it Australian? tell us more please!  

**edit** duh, its already listed, so easy to find out where its from.  
                Yeah, I put it in live as we have it in stock.  As an interesting segway to Canberra... the owners of Masons Creek were in Canberra last week for the Australian Olive Oil show and won medals for this one (so its not only me that thinks its great).

...and yes, the new tea,
                Indian Camellia Sinesis STGFOP1
                is in there now too.

Comment

Another great selection, Andy, thanks. And youve been upgrading the BeanBay Alert !? Very good. No excuse to miss it now.

Originally posted by 2D252A2C247E7B4F0 link=1257684716/4#4 date=1257715545
                  I dont know... :-/

Comment

Hi all

I think Ill have to force myself to buy again as usual this time ... I have just paid for an ex-demo 2kg Has Garanti roaster which will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow morning :-) I need lots more to test it with.

Does anyone have the descriptions of the Ethiopia Kuza and the Costa Rica Cafetalera Herbazu from last time?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by 2122373E373D3F3B3937520 link=1257684716/9#9 date=1257725865
                      I have just paid for an ex-demo 2kg Has Garanti roaster which will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow morning
                      Congrats Mike!

Welcome to the club 8-)

Chris

Comment

Andy,
                        I know this is a really stupid question but its better to ask than be disappointed! Is Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo what is commonly known as Colombian Supremo? I ask because I was given some Colombian Supremo and have found it the only green bean to date that I have enjoyed drinking as a result of my home roasting (I know, some people have no taste) and would be thrilled if Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo is the same thing cause Ill order heaps!
                        Jo

Comment

Originally posted by 2F352A37312037450 link=1257684716/11#11 date=1257726750
                          Andy,
                          I know this is a really stupid question but its better to ask than be disappointed! Is Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo what is commonly known as Colombian Supremo? I ask because I was given some Colombian Supremo and have found it the only green bean to date that I have enjoyed drinking as a result of my home roasting (I know, some people have no taste)  and would be thrilled if Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo is the same thing cause Ill order heaps!
                          Jo
                          Hi Addicted,

Supremo is generic Columbian for big (large). Andys Supremo is also big and you can be assured that there will be nothing generic about it. BeanBay greens are always exceptional  8-)

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. Not only am I now informed I am in a decision dilema - not a good state at the beginning of the week!
                            Jo

Comment

Originally posted by 393A2F262F252723212F4A0 link=1257684716/9#9 date=1257725865
                              Hi all

I think Ill have to force myself to buy again as usual this time ... I have just paid for an ex-demo  2kg Has Garanti roaster which will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow morning :-)  I need lots more to test it with.

Does anyone have the descriptions of the Ethiopia Kuza and the Costa Rica Cafetalera Herbazu from last time?

Mike
                              Mike - my new best friend ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X