X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay GREEN bean Sale - Jan 10th 2010

Happy New Year 2010

2009 was a huge year for CoffeeSnobs everywhere and we proudly welcomed the 10,000th member last month.  The year saw many get togethers, roast-offs and just a great vibe around the site with everyone sharing tip and tricks and of course, enjoying great coffee.

2010 will be an even bigger year!  Currently we are setting-up the new Snobbery which should become one big playroom for all CSrs to fiddle with all sorts of coffee gear including beans, machines, grinders and even roasters.  We should have a few training days/nights and of course we will also have tonnes of great coffee and social events throughout the year.  Its going to be a blast.

Tomorrow sees the first BeanBay Green sale of the year.  (Sorry for the short notice but we only just finished packing it all ready)

BeanBay GREEN BEAN sale

Sunday 10th January
    At the following times:

20 00 ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    19 30 SA
    19 00 QLD
    18 30 NT
    17 00 WA
    http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au

on offer are:

Nicaragua Cima del Cielo $16.50/kg*
    This came 3rd in the Nicaragua Cup of Excellence and we managed to land 300kg of it (so there is plenty to go around).  This is a very chaffy coffee in the roaster and in the cup a mid bodied, very sweet and balanced coffee when roasted to a CS9 but those roasting for a  syphon might go a little lighter than that.

PNG Wahgi Peaberry $10.50/kg*
    The sample of this bean seemed to be forever ago and at last it has arrived.  Like most peaberry beans it can be tricky to roast as things get really busy at the end of the roast but the results are well worthwhile.  Like its flat bean cousin it is high in acidity and works really well in milk.

Sumatra Mandheling Gr1 2009 Crop $9.00/kg*
    Ah, one of those really messy, dusty, chaffy Sumatrans that produce huge body and low acidity in the cup with a does of earthiness for interest.  This was only picked two months ago and has come straight off the boat.  Any fresher you would have to pick it yourself!

We have also landed a small amount of additional stock of some previous favourites and the remainder of the Tanzania Rononi will become available for those that need a second bag.

I hope that each and everyone of our extended CS family has a fantastic 2010 full of new and old friends, good family times and amazing coffee.

Enjoy!

Andy.

* all CoffeeSnob green beans are packed in 2.5kg cotton bags and include a $0.50/kg FairCrack donation.

Re: BeanBay GREEN bean Sale - Jan 10th 2010

Well done Andy. A great start to the year.

The Nicaraguan looks to be a must-have as does the Peaberry.

Comment

A great start to the year, thanks Andy!

This is only going to further my current fascination with Central American coffee methinks ... Maybe another bag of Rononi which fast became a favourite in the hazchem/gomiffy household.

Comment

At $16 (plus FairCrack ) for the Nicaragua its certainly not a cheap coffee so some CSrs might want to share a bag with another local but for those that want a bag the 300kg should more than cover all of you and maybe have some left for a revisit later!

The Mandheling is the exact inverse of the Wahgi Peaberry... but the two will actually work quite well together in a blend as the Wahgi will help the choc/\/berry/\/earth from the Sumatran pull though a milk based drink and add sweetness.

Rononi was my coffee of the year. How could anything be sweeter or better in the cup than knowing we made a positive impact on the otherside of the planet to people we may never meet in an area that we may never see. It was the joining of the full circle. Amazing to be a part of!

Comment

Hi, I just re-joined after a fair while away - I was just wondering why you start a sale at 10 PM?

Cheers - Tony

Comment

Originally posted by 475C5D4A5645525D40330 link=1263010355/4#4 date=1263015895
            I was just wondering why you start a sale at 10 PM?
            Looks like 8pm (20 00) start for east coasters Im assuming that we here in WA have a 5pm start! Great news Andy! Look forward to tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by 504B4A5D4152454A57240 link=1263010355/4#4 date=1263015895
              why you start a sale at 10 PM?
              Not too sure where you get 10pm from Tony (are you in New Zealand?).  

As newbee-snob noted its 8pm on the bulk of the east coast and other places as per the timezone and daylight saving difference.

Our sale timings are very tricky though.  8pm is late in the east, 5pm is early in the west... we have picked that time to best suit the whole country.

Originally posted by 4A4153464D41574A4B46240 link=1263010355/5#5 date=1263017176
              Looks like 8pm (20 00) start for east coasters
              Fixed the WA time in the first post now.. ta.

Maybe we should just quote GMT and then everyone can work their own time out.  (that would be fun!).  

I think BeanBay kicks off at GMT 2010/01/10/09:00:00

YYYY/MM/DD/HH:MM:SS
              8-)

Comment

I reckon you need to publish one of these for each beanbay from now on:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=10&month=1&year=2010&hour=9&min =0&sec=0&p1=0

Or you can use Melbourne time as the base:
                http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=10&month=1&year=2010&hour=20&mi n=0&sec=0&p1=152

Comment

Thats pretty good but what about Hobart?

Comment

Just click on the Australia/pacific link above the table, it is the top of the center column.

Comment

Originally posted by 2772617A140 link=1263010355/9#9 date=1263034129
                      Just click on the Australia/pacific link above the table, it is the top of the center column.  
                      Lovely.
                      So you could use:
                      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=10&month=1&year=2010&hour=20&mi n=0&sec=0&p1=152&continent=australasia

As a starting point and modify as required.

Of course, it doesnt take Minnesota into account

Comment

and for the person in minnesota
                        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html?day=10&month=1&year=2010&hour=9&min= 0&sec=0&p1=0

Comment

Originally posted by 1045564D230 link=1263010355/11#11 date=1263039190
                          and for the person in minnesota
                          http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html?day=10&month=1&year=2010&hour=9&min= 0&sec=0&p1=0
                          Nope.

Tried that but the personal settings only show for you. If I launch that link (in Explorer because I have set a personal one in Firefox), I get a page telling me that I have no Personal World Clock set up.

Furthermore, if I launch it in Firefox, it will launch MY personal clock settings for the base time set.

Comment

6 posts later and this certainly isnt looking like a good option to make things clearer fellas

:

How about...

BeanBay will be this Sunday, at 8pm GMT (Geelong Mans Time)... take a guess as to what the means for you.

;D

Comment

Originally posted by 58777D60190 link=1263010355/13#13 date=1263042120
                              6 posts later and this certainly isnt looking like a good option to make things clearer fellas

Roll Eyes
                              Just 4 more tries boss. Shell be right!
                              Typical IT person arent I?
                              4 solutions, none of them fully tested! (or funded).

Comment

Working...
                              X