This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay GREEN sale - 14th Feb 2010

Happy Valentines Day BeanBay-Green Sale!

This Sunday 14th Feb we will have the BeanBay Green sale.  

Could there be a better way to spend this Sunday evening then with your true love, coffee?

We had to squeeze it in this weekend as from the middle of next week Ill be away but if everyone who orders beans pay for them at the same time then we should be able to get everything shipped out before Wednesday.  Anything not paid for by Tuesday will run the risk of not being freighted out for an additional week.

BeanBay GREEN BEAN sale

Sunday 14th Feb

2000 ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    1930 SA
    1900 QLD
    1830 NT
    1700 WA
    http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au

At the above times we will have the following beans available.

Papua New Guinea Elephant Bean $11/kg*
    An ironic name considering PNG doesnt have elephants but the Elephant Bean is the nickname for the very large old growth Typica beans from this origin.  They start off big (screen 20+) and during roasting nearly double in size to become monsters.  In the cup it produces a very clean, slightly acidic espresso that really works well in milk.

Zambia Munali Estate $9.50/kg*
    Located in the South Province of Zambia, towards the Zimbabwe border from Lusaka.  This is a washed coffee that in lighter roasts produces a bright gritty coffee and roasting it further brings out the cocoa.  The 2 sample roasts of this were very different but both good so roast it to suit your own preference.

Ethiopian Gambella Sundried $9/kg*
    The new crop has arrived and its just as good and just as ugly as last year.  Fruit cake flavours with earthy spices, sweetness and a syrup body that pours like melted chocolate out of the group handle.  A great example of a dry process wild Ethiopian coffee with tons of character.

Indian Monsoon Malabar AA $9.50/kg*
    These beans have been left to dry in large warehouses that are exposed to the moist winds during the Indian monsoon season.  This unique process leaves a bean with nearly no acidity, a pale colour and about 20% less density.  In the espresso its all body with heavy jelly like crema which can be drunk as a single origin but also works well a component of a complex blend.

India Madikeri Robusta $8/kg*
    A high grade, washed estate Robusta perfect for adding some kick, crema and essence of Italian cafes to any espresso blend.  They take a lot of heat to roast so you should roast them separate from your Arabica beans and blend later.

Jamaican Blue Mountain $96/kg*
    We have purchased a single barrel of the Wallanford Estate Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee for all those that have requested it.  This is one of the most expensive coffees in the world and I certainly don’t think it’s the best but if you have never tried genuine Blue Mountain coffee then for around $1 a cup you now can.  Due to the high purchase cost this has been packed in 1kg foil bags (not 2.5kg cotton) so you dont quite need a second mortgage to try it.

Have a great coffee month!

* Price includes $0.50/kg FairCrack donation. All the above beans are packed in 2.5kg cotton bags except the JBM (1kg) and the Monsoon (2kg).

Re: BeanBay GREEN sale - 14th Feb 2010

WOW, impressive lineup there Andy!, now go to bed ya crazy coffeesnob ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 6064425B5B5E415659370 link=1265902206/1#1 date=1265904061
      now go to bed
      ...and I was just thinking that you needed some decaf...
      :P

Comment

Great choices Andy, the Jamaican is out of my budget but the Png sounds very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 123D372A530 link=1265902206/0#0 date=1265902205
          Could there be a better way to spend this Sunday evening then with your true love, coffee?
          Classic! ;D ;D

Comment

I had a caffe of JBM while honeymooning in Rome last year at one of the better coffee spots in town. I remember it being very smooth and velvety, i cant imagine anyone objecting to the taste.

Comment

Got to get me some of that
              Papua New Guinea Elephant Bean

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 6F404A572E0 link=1265902206/0#0 date=1265902205
                Papua New Guinea Elephant Bean
                Were they picked by Elephants? :-? ;D

Comment

Another great selection Andy, Im going to have to sit this one out, blew this months  budget on a USB datalogger which is on its way across the nullarbor as I type this...............

PS: just checked parcel tracker and its only 4 kms away so looks like Ill be testing it shortly!!!!!!!!

Comment

would love to go for JBM, but the stockmarket is killing me at the moment. Malabar and Elephant Bean it is

Comment

Ooh ooh Zambia, close enough to Zimbabwe for me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 312D20222A2A212C2036450 link=1265902206/7#7 date=1265931838
                        Were they picked by Elephants?
                        At least you hope thats what the elephants did to them. kopiphant beans the new taste sensation :P

Comment

Nice one Andy.
                          I just went in to buy some decaf among others that are still on offer, and all the pickup points are available except Rayzurhed, wondering is he unavailable this month? I could go to Hobart some time soon (ParaM), though it is 300 km away. Mot sure whether its an oversight or if its left off for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 08272D30490 link=1265902206/0#0 date=1265902205
                            (screen 20+) and during roasting nearly double in size to become monsters
                            Size wise ... what screen size would PNG Wahagi be ? Flaviour comparison... Less Sweet ?

Comment

Hi Andy - being an absolute true-blue snob, I only want to buy green Arabica beans. Problem is I generally cant tell from your descriptions which beans are Arabica and which are Robusta. Please could you let me know which of your curren green bean stocks are Arabica.

Many thanks
                              Terry Green

Comment

Working...
                              X