BeanBay GREEN BEAN sale

Monday 7th June

2000 QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS (8pm)
    1930 SA, NT
    1800 WA
    http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au

The beans available at the above date/times will be:

Costa Rica Tarrazu SHB $9.50/kg*
    Grown at a high altitude this very dense bean will take a fair bit of heat to roast but its well graded and roasts evenly. The resulting espresso at a CS9 is sweet, bright and balanced in the cup and is a great Central American bean.

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Special Prep $12.50/kg*
    Certified organic at origin, this Yirgacheffe has been screened and hand graded to a very high quality green bean. Use caution roasting as it really accelerates after CS8 and can quickly get away from you. Bright with a sweet floral aroma and light body at a CS8-9, at darker roast depths it lost some of the bouquet but gained in body. Stunning coffee and well worth the heavier price tag.

Sumatra Aceh Wet Hulled Gr1 $10.00/kg*
    Deep dark blue green and nearly translucent in colour this wet hulled Aceh is processed very well and roasts-up a treat. In the cup at a CS9 it has a heavy body and low acidity that make a great single origin espresso. We would have this all the time if we could source this quality and grade, sadly we could only get a small amount but hope to land more soon.

Sulawesi Toraja Utara $10.50/kg*
    It has been a while since we have found a good Sulawesi coffee but this one certainly stood out in the roast tests. Huge body and earthy without being musty it pours like syrup from the group at a CS9-10 roast depth. As a dopio espresso it has a velvet mouth feel and a spicy aftertaste that will make you pour a second one.

Yemen Bani Ismail $21.50/kg*
    The Yemen Bani Ismail coffee has arrived. Sun dried, ungraded they look ugly and take quite a bit of heat to roast. In the cup you will find a heavy bodied espresso with loads of cocoa, heavy berry and earthy flavours like no other. If you enjoy really big bold coffees then you should love this. You can also use this coffee in smaller percentages to liven-up a less interesting blend.

Rwanda Ndera A grade $9.00/kg*
    This is a Bourbon varietal, washed and screened to A grade at the Ndera washing station. Our roast tests of this came up with spicy cocoa at a roast depth of CS9-10 which was far nicer than the CS8-9 lighter roast which had a little too much acid as a short black. Easy to roast and you should get great results too.

* Prices include a $0.50/kg FairCrack donation. All beans are packed in 2.5kg cotton bags which are perfect for storing your beans in.

Pickup Points

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    NSW - Cuppacoffee - Sylvania
    NSW - Coffee Parts – Pagewood
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (19/6/10 10:30-11:30)
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" – Wembley

Please Note: Because so many CSrs are selecing direct freight options we have dropped some of the smaller pickup point locations.

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by:
    19/6/2010 (maybe earlier)

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Feel free to discuss pickup point pickups and plan the social get togethers (eg: who is bringing cake) in this thread.

Re: BeanBay GREEN sale - 7th June 2010

Hello Ms Torajah, you seductive little vixen :P

Youre a good man Andy!

Comment

At 2:13am you should be looking at Decaf Epic76

(yeah, yeah, pot/kettle/black I know, I know)

Comment

Nice line up Andy.

What does the "Special Prep" for the Yirg signify? I noticed campos had a "yirg special prep" months ago and it was an amazing coffee. If this one is anything like it, we are in for a real treat.

Comment

mmmm Toraja.. Im guessing I better get in quick for that one. The
          Sumatran looks like a great bean too.

Comment

Congratulations Andy - something for everyone there. Id thought Id done well to bring my stash down towards a more sensible quantity but I think youve put the mocker on that.

Ive already got several kg of Sulawesi in my stash, but the Aceh ....hmmm,...and the Yirg...oooh, and the YBI ...aaah!

Comment

Great selection Andy, dampened when I noted "Real Coffee" at Lorn has been dropped as a pick up point.  
              Have some thinking to do now before Monday night as to my options.
              :-/
              Kevo.

Comment

Originally posted by 455E41565B0F06370 link=1275753796/3#3 date=1275781356
                What does the "Special Prep" for the Yirg
                Special prep and triple pick are generally the same thing. Its a third pass over the hand sorting tables to remove visual defects. Triple picking adds a dollar or more per kilo but you endup with very high grade even beans.

Originally posted by 515B4E5959564244370 link=1275753796/5#5 date=1275785841
                but the Aceh ....hmmm,...and the Yirg...oooh, and the YBI ...aaah
                The growing volume of my own stash is suffering for the same reason... just when I managed to get it down we land amazing beans that I just cannot say no to.

Originally posted by 5045425A474E5052525C370 link=1275753796/4#4 date=1275784424
                mmmm Toraja.. Im guessing I better get in quick for that one. The
                Sumatran looks like a great bean too
                Yep, both the Sulawesi and the Sumatran are excellent.

Originally posted by 7C524158370 link=1275753796/6#6 date=1275791414
                I noted "Real Coffee" at Lorn has been dropped as a pick up point
                Yes. For more than 3 months I have paid to send directly to CSrs in Bernie, Canberra, Lonny and Newcastle as most CSrs in those areas are paying to have their beans delivered to the door. I cannot afford to continue that.

If down the track the demand is there for a pickup point in another area we will revisit it. Its all about volume shipped Im afraid.

The other pickup points are well used and we can continue to subsidise the freight to them.

Comment

Originally posted by 032C263B420 link=1275753796/7#7 date=1275796396
                  Triple picking adds a dollar or more per kilo but you endup with very high grade even beans.
                  So does this mean no rocks, nails and sand too. Last batch I was a bit dissapointed the biggest non coffee bit I got was a few bits of sand after being told of the potential special additives.

Must beat Linda and the other Yemen hogs to it  : and another Yirg to try and I was trying to cut back too oh well next month I will cut back reallt I will  

Comment

2nd beanbay in a row i cant collect them, last time the car was getting serviced and this time im gonna be up in central vic...

does port melbourne near the bolte bridge get classed as melb metro for star couriers delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by 425A405D41464B505D5B320 link=1275753796/9#9 date=1275799999
                      does port melbourne near the bolte bridge get classed as melb metro for star couriers delivery?
                      Yep, but BeanBay handles that... if your postcode is in a delivery area and your not using a PO Box then you will see that as an option. Courier deliveries should be to places that are attended during the day as often they need a signature on delivery.

Comment

Just finished the last of my Rwandan Bourbon Grade A from last year...great coffee.

Still have WAAAY too much Ethiopian coffee so ill give that a miss.

Its down to the Sumatra Aceh and the Yemen Bani Ismail....

I think ill just bite the bullet and take em both  

Comment

Andy, you sure know how to pick them.
                          Just roasted my last bit of Toraja this afternoon, Ive got one small roast of Yirg left and a son that wont drink anything but that or Limmu and then you add the Sumatra and the Tarrazu. Im afraid Im just going to have get them all (if Im quick enough). I still have plenty of Yemen or that would be on the list too.
                          Cheers,
                          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by 42485D4A4A455157240 link=1275753796/5#5 date=1275785841
                            but the Aceh ....hmmm,...and the Yirg...oooh, and the YBI ...aaah!
                            Must agree with this statement.

Ive been waiting a long time for this one. I have also been trying to diminish my stash before buying any more, but this beanbay will see the shelves in the cupboard full again.

Comment

Please let there be some YBI left when I get on BB tonight....please. Oh and some Yirg, maybe the Tarrazu or the Aceh....and a little bit of Ndera and Toraja.

Methinks my Behmor is going to get a thorough workout if I manage to get my wish list! 8-)

Comment

Working...
                              X