Thursday 9th December
    8pm AEDT (Daylight Savings)

7pm QLD
    8pm ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7.30pm SA
    6.30pm NT
    5pm WA

The beans available at the above date/times will be:

Ethiopia Ghimbi $12.50/kg (inc Faircrack)
    I was so excited when this sample arrived, its been 3 or 4 years since we have managed to score a Ghimbi coffee and the sample was just like I remembered.  The dry process Ethiopian Ghimbi comes from the far west of Ethiopia and produces a great bodied, low acidity  espresso full of fruit sweetness and berries.  Think Harrar with added body!

Costa Rica San Isidro $10/kg (inc Faircrack)
    is a well processed hard bean coffee.  It produces a mid bodied and well balanced espresso with some sweetness and some of the brightness you expect from a Costa Rican.  Great for espresso at CS9, suitable for syphon and other gentle brewing methods at CS8

PNG Wahgi AA arrived last week and is available now.

I might/should/hope to have a couple of surprises in there too but these will be very limited quantity.  Sorry in advance to those that see something disappear before they can click.

We also just landed a grand pile of super fresh teas in time for home made Christmas hampers and goodie bags.

China Siaou Chu Pearl Tea
    Ceylon English Breakfast Tea
    Ceylon Irish Breakfast Tea
    Earl Grey blended tea.
    Russian Caravan Tea
    Sumatran Orange Pekoe Superior

Pickup Points (one per state)

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" – Wembley
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford --- (18/12/2010 10.30-11.30)

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 18/12/2010

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country.  Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Feel free to discuss pickup point pickups and plan the social get togethers (eg: who is bringing cake) in this thread.

NOTE:
    DUE TO THE CLOSE PROXIMITY OF CHRISTMAS ANY ORDERS NOT PAID FOR BY FRIDAY 10th WILL NOT SHIP TO THE PICKUP POINTS.

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - Thursday 9th December

No price per kg on the coffee?

Too exciting and forgot? Probably working too hard and too tired

Or are you keeping us more on edge, making the bean sale even more exciting and precarious ;D

Comment

Awesome.
      Just in time for a little big Christmas present for myself.

The Ghimbi sounds interesting.
      Im a sucker for the Ethiopian beans and adore the Harrar so the prospect of Harrar with added body is pretty exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by 4447555551475F260 link=1291734445/1#1 date=1291751181
        and too tired
        Umm... Today at 2:07am and that was 2 hours before I finished!

Prices are edited in.

Oh by the way, the teas are all available to view/purchase in BeanBay now.

Originally posted by 595959130 link=1291734445/2#2 date=1291756471
        The Ghimbi sounds interesting
        I love African beans and Ethiopia is such an amazing country for diverse coffees. The Ghimbi certainly wont dissapoint!

Comment

Originally posted by 68474D50290 link=1291734445/3#3 date=1291763578
          The Ghimbi certainly wont dissapoint!
          Im going to load up this time and im using Christmas as my excuse.

Reckon thatll wash with the better half? :-/

Comment

Only if she puts it under the tree and its not opened until Christmas day ;D ;D ;D - and she doesnt apply the nosey kid rule "if you work out what it is - you dont get it at all"

Comment

Originally posted by 5D5158585B5B61534B533E0 link=1291734445/5#5 date=1291782946
              Only if she puts it under the tree and its not opened until Christmas day
              Just so have the rules straight...

Can Ristrom roast it a week before Christmas and let it rest under the tree?

;D

Comment

Its coffee , so of course it has to be ready for Christmas day, but he will have to forget that it is there and act surprised when he opens it ;D

Comment

A little off-topic but I thought Id research Ghimbi/Gimbi and came across this blog. http://leonietriptoethiopia.blogspot.com/ about a midwife working in Gimbi

Not a bad read, but if you scroll down to 20th March, she talks a bit about the coffee there.

Comment

An intereesting read Flynn.

I liked this...

Thankfully I have not seen or been served in Ethiopia is instant coffee and I am not at all sorry to have found a country in Africa where "Nescafe" is not considered the desired drink when coffee is requested!

...and the following might explain why we dont get to see the Ghimbi as often as we had in the past. Road infrastructure!

I am not sorry to have finished this last journey safely as the road trips to and from Gimbi were the only part of my adventure that ever felt dangerous. Thankfully if/when I return to Gimbi the road will be improved as the Chinese road building project is under way to finish the middle section that is currently so worn that it is much worse than travel on a mud or rubble road where the surface is at least predictably poor unlike the current irregular pot-holes- that just leaves a requirement for an improvement in driving standards (in particular the blind faith that nothing will coming the other way when overtaking will only yield appropriate returns if the roads stay quiet) and someone to control the cows, goats, sheep, donkeys, dogs and apparently suicidal pedestrians (so frankly I am not holding my breath that the journey will be anything other than safer by virtue of the fact that it is quicker, so you are in harms way for a shorter time).

Comment

Wow, they were some nice surprises, Andy.

Ive read all the glowing praise about the Yemen Bani Ismail but never had a chance to buy it so i jumped at the chance, whilst ive only ever had the Ugandan Masaba in the starter pack way back when so it too was a must buy.
                      Ive also recently been intrigued by the prospect of roasting robusta beans so when i saw one there tonight, i thought i better get it.

I also jagged a little of both this months main offerings and stocked up on a few other beans.
                      I hope the courier is a strong one.  ;D

Comment

Thank you Andy for all your work.
                        Ordered and paid already to try and help you have an enjoyable christmas without waiting .
                        Can honestly say I have never regretted any purchase from you.
                        Also all the best for the new year.
                        Looking forward to the ghimbi!!

Comment

Thanks Andy for another year of great beans to try..I picked up a couple of bags of Pure early in the week but I have to give the Ethiopia Ghimbi :P ago.Its never over to the fat lady sings ;D ;D..

Cheers Gra..

Comment

Good stuff Andy!
                            Merry Christmas to you and the clan.
                            Got some of the Haiti Grand Cru de Beaumont, Ethiopia Ghimbi and Yemen Bani Ismail. All paid for and now depending on Star Track Ex to bring them on home. :
                            The cupboard is getting fuller and so is the experience!

Comment

Many thanks Andy & Co for the fantastic service during the past year.

Order placed and paid.

Merry christmas and a prosperous new year to you and family 8-)

Gazz

Comment

Working...
                              X