• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - Wednesday 19th Jan 2011

coffeesnobs.com.au
    Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale

Wednesday 19th Jan
    8pm AEDT (East Coast Daylight Savings Time)

7pm QLD
    8pm ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7.30pm SA
    6.30pm NT
    5pm WA

The beans available at the above date/times will be:

PNG Kone Ka Estate Peaberry $11/kg inc FairCrack
    From shadows of Mt Hagen comes this triple washed Western Highlands Peaberry. Im told by our man on the ground that "Kone Ka" means "nice place" and obviously the coffee plants on this estate agree.  Super clean and easy to roast, keep an eye on it towards the end of the roast as it can run away pretty quickly.  Sweet, drying finish and and works a treat in milk.

Rwanda Gisenyi  $13/kg inc FairCrack
    This Fairtrade COOPAC coop coffee comes from the Rutsiro & Rubavu Districts near Gisenyi, Rwanda.  Washed but unscreened the sample roasts were at their best on the high side of CS9.  At that point it was full of cocoa and sultanas at a lighter roast the cocoa was still prominent but the sultana like fruit swapped for citrus.  Roast dark for great espresso, lighter for syphon.

Kenya Kandara AA  $21/kg inc FairCrack
    This coffee was processed by the Kandara Farmers Cooperative Society in central Kenya.  Screened to a large AA size this washed and well graded bean roasts really well.  Like many Kenyan coffees it will end up darker for the same given temperature so roast by probe, not your normal colour depth. In the cup it is easily the sweetest Kenyan coffee I have ever tried, amazing as CS10 long black and finishes with crisp green apple acidity.  Expensive but really stunning coffee.

Also available:
    Peru Ceja de Selva Estate
    Ethiopian Gambella Sundried
    PNG Wahgi AA
    Ethiopian Harrar Longberry
    Brazil Pulped Natural
    Indian Monsoon Malabar AA
    Cup Of Excellence Nicaragua 2010
    Cuba Turquino
    Nepal Plantec Estate
    Ethiopian Guna Limmu
    India Mysore Nuggets Extra Bold
    Mexico Yeni Navan Typica
    Ethiopia Ghimbi
    Costa Rica San Isidro
    Robusta Sumatra Teluk Bayur

and teas:
    China Siaou Chu Pearl Tea
    Ceylon English Breakfast Tea
    Ceylon Irish Breakfast Tea
    Earl Grey blended tea.
    Russian Caravan Tea
    Sumatran Orange Pekoe Superior

We will also have a couple of surprises in there too but these will be very limited quantity.  Sorry in advance to those that see something disappear before they can click.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post and Star Track Express along with some other options depending on where you live or you can collect your paid order from...

Pickup Points (one per state)

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - The Coffee Barun - Sefton Park
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" – Wembley
    VIC - Keffa Han - Port Melbourne -- (22/1/2011 10.30-11.30)

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 29/1/2011

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country.  Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - Wednesday 19th Jan 2011

19th December? thats nearly a year away!  

Edit: Caught out by the magical maintenance mode!

Comment

Originally posted by 350B0C073D0D043D160A073D2007030C620 link=1295183539/1#1 date=1295183982
      19th December? thats nearly a year away!  
      I have no idea what you are talking about Nunu?!?!?

The Bean Bay is on this Wednesday 19th Jan.

Comment

so another gathering at claudes old place, thats enough reason for me to order some stuff Andy

youre cruel...

Comment

i love that Cafe! and Claude does make a great flat white. Sadly i am working on the 22nd so i will have to get the Star Trek guys to deliver. i really should also test them out on my VBM and see if they can make a coffee half as good as Claude ;D.

Comment

...as mentioned in a different thread, Claude has sold the cafe and is looking at new options in the city. He is returning for 1 day only for errr, umm, not sure Im allowed to say it out loud but its something special so wear your best duds and brush your hair if you are picking up beans.
            ;D
            I did a special roast of Keffa Han blend last Wednesday so that should be peaking on Saturday for shots. Should be a fun morning.

Comment

... you tell us all now Andy!!!! ... i hope i can smell it from South Yarra. ;D

Comment

Bad luck Derkdigler,

Just saw the synoptic weather chart for Saturday, and the winds east north east. Sorry to tell you that.

Gary at G.

Comment

I think I know what the secret is...... ;D Yes some sartorial effort and grooming would help reflect well on all of us I suspect.

Almost wish I didnt have an appointment with Chris at Talk Coffee at 11am!

Almost.

Comment

Thanks Gary, That bag of salt you just droped on my wounds feels much better ;D

DD

Comment

Im glad Veneziano in West End Brisbane did not go under the Brisbane River. I found myself thinking of them and many others in the last week. It must have come close

Rose
                      Bellbowrie QLD

Comment

Seems like a good start to the year Andy.

I like suprises too

Comment

Originally posted by 4949584945464F2A0 link=1295183539/10#10 date=1295313854
                          did not go under the Brisbane River
                          ...and I was thinking of you too Rose. Hows work coping? It looked pretty soggy from the aerial shots.

Comment

The better half just told me that were going out for dinner tomorrow night.
                            Would it be considered rude if i cancelled?

I think ill just have to break my cardinal rule of mobile phones in restaurants and access the Beanbay that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 7C5D4A535C515F545D4A380 link=1295183539/9#9 date=1295311030
                              Thanks Gary, That bag of salt you just droped on my wounds feels much betterGrin
                              I was certainly hoping it would be from the south west for you as it normally is in the winter (brr). Then for sure you will smell the aromas from Andys or Coffee Cartels, even a Chokito choc smells from Phosphate Road, North Shore.

:-? BTW Andy, what is the Keffa Han blend? Will it be available to us or will the suspense build for the next 24 hours?

Gary at G

Comment

Working...
                              X