• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - Monday 18th July 2011

coffeesnobs.com.au
    Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale

Monday 18th July
    8pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

8pm QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7.30pm SA, NT
    6pm WA

The beans available at the above date/times will be:

El Salvador Finca Belvedere SHG
    This El Salvador from the Belvedere Estate is a strictly high grown, washed and large bean graded.  Think something near the size of peanuts when roasted!  This was an easy roaster and on the lighter side of CS9 produced an espresso shot with green apple brightness and a light body.  Interesting different as an espresso and should work a treat in syphon, plunger and aeropress. $13/kg*

Bolivia Green Mountain Estate
    Its back!  The Green Mountain Estate is located in the Caranavi high country of Bolivia and everything they produce is certified organic by the Organic Crop Improvement Association (OCIA).  This coffee produces a really big bodied espresso, smooth and viscous with low acidity at a CS9 roast depth with an initial sweetness that works great in milk. $11.50/kg*

Mountain Top Estate Rays Selection #789
    This is a very special coffee from our favourite Aussie farm.  The production manager Ray selected the best and the ripest cherries during 3 consecutive days of the harvest.  These beans were then semi-washed and dried using the honey process before being size graded and colour sorted.  In the cup we get the best body ever from a local bean with a spicy dry finish. We liked this so much we bought the whole lot! $25/kg*

Sumatra Sigararutang
    is a traditional Indo style wet hulled and hand sorted coffee.  Very few splits and chips and while there is some mottling in the final roast colour the flavours are just what you want in a Sumatran.  Syrup consistency pours provide a big body full of spice and earth with low acidity.  I think its best when taken to the end of CS9. $12/kg*

Yemen Mocha Ismaili
    This is the first of 3 Yemeni coffees direct from Al-Ezzi.  The Yemen Ismaili is the most prized Yemen coffee, small, ugly beans that have been picked in the valleys of the mountain ranges and dried on the roof tops of the village.  A dry processed bean that produces a huge bodied cocoa dominant shot. If I was stranded on an island, this is the coffee I would take! $34/kg*

Yemen Mocha Haimi
    Is the second of 3 Yemeni coffees direct from Al-Ezzi.  The Yemen Haimi is also dry processed and while it retains some of the cocoa it come with berries and ripe fruit flavours in the big bodied espresso.  Excellent single origin shots that taste like a complex blend. $33/kg*

Yemen Mocha Sanaani
    Is the third of 3 Yemeni coffees direct from Al-Ezzi. Yemen Mocha Sanaani is the fruitiest of the three, blood plum, black cherries and ripe mulberry still with a cocoa hit at the end.  The beauty of landing these 3 regional coffees from Yemen at the same time is the unique ability to try multiple Yemen beans side by side.  Amazing coffees at supermarket coffee prices, enjoy! $32/kg*

Also new to BeanBay is:
    - 58mm Quad Shot Basket which hold 30 grams of coffee (thanks to Javaphile)

- Snobby Instant Chai & Snobby Instant Chai - OZ

* price per kilo packed in 2.5kg CoffeeSnobs cotton bags and includes the FairCrack $0.50/kg donation.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post and Star Track Express along with some other options depending on where you live or you can collect your paid order from...

Pickup Points (one per state)

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    NSW - Erkochurch - Erskinville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - Fiefys Specialty Cafe - Adelaide
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" - Wembley
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (30/7 10:30-11:30)

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 29/7/2011

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Please dont annoy the pickup points by asking for your beans before they let you know they are available for collection.
    8-)

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - Monday 18th July 2011

Three Yemenis, an MTC (my first) and a new bean from El Salvador? Youre spoiling us, Andy.

When i told the better half about the BeanBay this morning, she looked at me and said youre not buying any, are you?, with a smile.
    Now ive looked at whats on offer, its looking to be my most expensive BeanBay ever.
    Going to be an awkward explanation when the beans arrive later in the week.  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 121212580 link=1310929582/1#1 date=1310940023
      Now ive looked at whats on offer, its looking to be my most expensive BeanBay ever.
      DITTO!

I have a feeling there is going to be a beanbay frenzy tonight! ;D

Comment

What an amazing selection! Only yesterday afternoon I was lamenting no Beanbay yet...and now such a selection I dont know how Im ever going to choose (and stay within budget). Well done (and welcome back) Andy!

Comment

Originally posted by 0B0B0B410 link=1310929582/1#1 date=1310940023
          When i told the better half about the BeanBay this morning, she looked at me and said youre not buying any, are you?, with a smile.
          Well theres your problem. You told her. (Ducks, lest Mrs KJM reads this thread )

3 different Yemenis in one Bean Bay constitutes cruel and unnatural treatment.... What to do??

Sigh
          /Kevin

Comment

Hmmm Ill be at work

Just remember its tonight, not Wednesday as per the email header!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 1110175A0 link=1310929582/4#4 date=1310947565
              Well theres your problem. You told her.
              That would have worked before my bean storage space in the garage overflowed but now theres no hiding beans. :-[

Comment

Originally posted by 7048494C6D4143200 link=1310929582/5#5 date=1310949240
                Just remember its tonight, not Wednesday as per the email header!
                Correct PhilMac, that was a 4am cut n paste oops.

Originally posted by 625542424143554C4C454E11200 link=1310929582/3#3 date=1310946658
                I dont know how Im ever going to choose
                I guess it might have been a good thing that the African shipment didnt arrive yet?

We "should" have plenty for everyone as we landed a mighty big pile of coffee. With any luck most of these are available for lot longer than just the BB-Frenzy tonight

Originally posted by 6A6A6A200 link=1310929582/1#1 date=1310940023
                Three Yemenis
                There are actually 4 Yemeni lots as I landed the rest of the shipment of the Al-Hajj Boaan at the same time.

Ive never seen so much Yemen coffee in one place and guessing by the current turmoil there we wont for a while either.

Comment

Originally posted by 1D3238255C0 link=1310929582/7#7 date=1310954425
                  There are actually 4 Yemeni lots as I landed the rest of the shipment of the Al-Hajj Boaan at the same time.
                  Oh oh, the Al-Hajj Boaan is, along with the very expensive Honduran Pino De Oro, my all-time favourite bean.

If the better half kicks me out post BeanBay, do i have your permission to move in to Snobbery Too, Andy?
                  I dont eat much, but i give no guarantees about my coffee consumption so youd need to lock up your beans.

Originally posted by 1D3238255C0 link=1310929582/7#7 date=1310954425
                  Ive never seen so much Yemen coffee in one place and guessing by the current turmoil there we wont for a while either.
                  I was quite surprised to see youd landed so many Yemeni beans given most everyone in the know have been talking about supply drying up for a good 12 months now.
                  I doubt the Yemeni people see much hope amidst all the civil unrest but hopefully at some point soon they get some relief.

Comment

Originally posted by 787878320 link=1310929582/8#8 date=1310964153
                    the Al-Hajj Boaan is,
                    The red wine and fruit that comes through that is stunning and very unique. All 5 of the Yemens (5 including the Bani Ismail) are different and all equally great for different reasons.

Originally posted by 787878320 link=1310929582/8#8 date=1310964153
                    surprised to see youd landed so many Yemeni beans
                    I sampled these in November and bought them just before Christmas... sometimes it takes that long to move em around the planet and clear the paperwork hurdles once they get to the docks. All 5 were packed in Grainpro bags so they are as fresh and alive as when they were packed.

What was that about "good things come to those..."

Comment

Originally posted by 1F303A275E0 link=1310929582/9#9 date=1310966944
                      I sampled these in November and bought them just before Christmas... sometimes it takes that long to move em around the planet and clear the paperwork hurdles once they get to the docks.
                      And to think, we complain when it takes more than a week or so to get parcels from overseas.

Comment

wow. i really dont need more greens. But now i do. but i dont. but i do......

Comment

Originally posted by 4444440E0 link=1310929582/10#10 date=1310969249
                          And to think, we complain when it takes more than a week or so to get parcels from overseas.
                          Im pretty used to the wait, the hard thing is when the tracking stops updating or I cannot find which ship it was moved to. We have landed from the northern hemisphere in as little as 3 weeks, mostly its 6-8 weeks and sometimes 3 months plus! Multi-hop sea freight is like that unless its a port that Australia has plenty of traffic from (China + Singapore are speedy).

Originally posted by 5C7B657B6A610E0 link=1310929582/11#11 date=1310969810
                          wow. i really dont need more greens. But now i do. but i dont. but i do......
                          Which is what I said at Christmas except...

I really dont need more greens. But its Yemen, now I do. but its Yemen... but its YEMEN......

..."sorry kids, Santa got snowed-in this year".
                          ;D

Comment

Ive never seen so much (yummy) Yemeni available all in one place before....

The temptation is mind-bending....

Mal.

Comment

Quick question - I live in Brissie and dont have a roaster myself. I take it as a given that theres no option to buy these beans roasted already as its a green sale - but I am so sorely tempted by the Yemen Mocha Sanaan. Anyone know if theres a shop that will do the roasting for you in brissie?
                              Cheers
                              hatchy

Comment

Working...
                              X