• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - THURSDAY 11th August 2011

coffeesnobs.com.au
    Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale

THURSDAY 11th August
    20:00 AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

8pm QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7.30pm SA, NT
    6pm WA

The beans available at the above date/times will be:

Burundi Kayanza Kinyovu Lot 1.
    This is the first Burundi that we have landed and its a ripper.  Lots of fruit and enough acidity to cut through the milk.  Great espresso shots with body and almost a dried apricot finish.  This is a true micro lot from north Burundi, one of the hardest places in Africa to ship from so the wait for the next one might be a while. $16.50/kg*

Tanzanian Uru Estate
    Uru Estate is located between Moshi and Mt Kilimanjaro and managed by Bente Luther-Medoch.  Bente is a name familiar with CoffeeSnobs as our lady on the ground in Tanzania who has done some amazing work with our FairCrack projects over the last few years.  This estate coffee sets a new benchmark for just how amazing Tanzanian coffee can be.  The farm is Rain Forest Alliance (RFA) certified and thanks to Ralph, it was shipped here in Grainpro bags to ensure it arrived in perfect condition. It roasts well and produces a big bodied cocoa espresso shot with plenty of sweetness and blackcurrant like fruit flavours.  Stunning coffee. $12.50/kg*

Tanzania Kyaurinde FairCrack Pulped.
    Kyaurinde was the fourth pulper that FairCrack funded, we also funded new above ground drying racks so this coffee really has a strong connection with us.  The coffee was picked from wild coffee trees on the southern slopes of Mt Kilimanjaro within walking distance of the village.  All the cherry was then bought back to the central pulping unit (CPU) and pulped, then dried before going to the mill for final processing and bagging.  Ralph also had this packed in Grainpro bags and it shipped with the Uru Estate coffee.  In the cup it has great body, a zing of brightness and ripe fruits with a spicy peppery cocoa finish at CS10. $12.50/kg*

* price per kilo packed in 2.5kg CoffeeSnobs cotton bags and includes the FairCrack $0.50/kg donation.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post and Star Track Express along with some other options depending on where you live or you can collect your paid order from...

Pickup Points

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    NSW - Erkochurch - Erskinville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - Fiefys Specialty Cafe - Adelaide
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" - Wembley
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (27/8 10:30-11:30)

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 19/8/2011

Note: Perth will be cutting it fine and Melbourne will be a week later on 27/8.

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Please dont annoy the pickup points by asking for your beans before they let you know in this thread they are available for collection.

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - THURSDAY 11th August 2011

Aw crap. Another BeanBay where the beans on offer are too hard to resist.

Well done Andy on securing this lot. Many of us having been looking forward to the next Tanzanian Fair Crack offering. I hope theres plenty to go around (but I still have some Rononi left)

Comment

Andy you rotten sod you got those tanzanians in ...
      I had sworn off buying for a few months as ive got to wear down my stocks now you go and get these on us :P
      by then ill have my tax done so i might not feel too bad when i get my refund...

Comment

Originally posted by 4F606A770E0 link=1312912264/0#0 date=1312912264
        It roasts well and produces a big bodied cocoa espresso shot with plenty of sweetness and blackcurrant like fruit flavours.
        Awesome. I know which one I am going for, totally wiffed on the Ismali .. not missing out this month

Comment

Well I was making some in roads to my overly large stash.... >

Nice one Andy I think I might try and get 5 kilos of the Uru Estate, it sounds like itd suit my palate nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by 060C190E0E011513600 link=1312912264/1#1 date=1312927754
            I hope theres plenty to go around
            There is plenty of coffee for everyone, we should still have some next BeanBay too (but make no guarantee)

This is the African shipment that I hoped would land prior to the last BB. I had the Kyaurinde in the grinder at the Snobbery today and maybe the Uru or the Burundi tomorrow.

Its a tough choice between these three beans... ahhh the life of a CoffeeSnob!

Whats interesting with the Tanzanian is that the Uru is estate grown, the Kyaurinde is wild picked about 5km away (at a slightly higher altitude), both were processed at the same mill, packed in the same grainpro bags and shipped in the same container to here.

All the packing and logistics after pulping and drying are exactly the same so its a rare chance to try two coffees side by side and taste the growing variables.

Comment

Originally posted by 5D7278651C0 link=1312912264/5#5 date=1312981423
              All the packing and logistics after pulping and drying are exactly the same so its a rare chance to try two coffees side by side and taste the growing variables.
              and this is how you make me buy both instead of one.. good up selling technique

Comment

Originally posted by 6B5F59444B4E434B442A0 link=1312912264/6#6 date=1313021620
                Originally posted by 5D7278651C0 link=1312912264/5#5 date=1312981423
                and this is how you make me buy both instead of one.. good up selling technique
                Andy wouldnt be giving us the chance if he didnt think it was worthwhile the wet & dry processed (same bean) Yunnan we had a while back were certainly different in the roaster and the cup

Comment

Ahhh... "up sell" certainly isnt me but I can see it could look like that.
                  ;D

Of course to save the up-sell hook up with another local CSr and get one of each between you.

We have plenty of both so everyone should get a future shot at them too.

Comment

Down to my last 1-2 kilos of greens.

Looking forward to the Tanzanian Uru Estate as a SO, especially since its Rainforest Alliance as well as part of the Faircrack projects.

Got my eyes on a few others for blends too.

Enjoy your purchases everyone 8-)

Gary at G

Comment

I noticed the USB temp logger is out of stock, any idea when these will be available again?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 5043455C505F310 link=1312912264/10#10 date=1313034911
                        when these will be available again?
                        Soon.

Per the description:
                        ### Waiting on a new shipment to arrive ###

Good luck being more specific than that when customs and international freight are concerned.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what the story with getting some of these beans (green of course) into NZ. Does anyone have experience on this, regarding limits, taxes, MAF etc?

-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 5B5E495A51453F0 link=1312912264/12#12 date=1313039827
                            beans (green of course) into NZ
                            Freight is the killer! The little bit of water between AU and NZ makes it one of the most expensive routes in the world. 10kg of beans cost about $13/kg to freight.

Also... we dont ship outside of Australia as the burden of customs forms and queuing in the post office is a time sponge... takes up to an hour extra for us to post something overseas.

Carry-on luggage is the only real way. Plenty of CSrs fly home to NZ with a bag o beans.

The weird thing at the moment is that Jetstar are doing $99 flights to CHCH, thats about 1/2 the price of Australia Post for the 20kg baggage!

Comment

Picked up some more of that wonderful Snobby Instant Chai along with a couple of the new beans.

All very smooth tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X