Clear All

• Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - 12th Sept 2011

coffeesnobs.com.au

MONDAY 12th September

8pm QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7.30pm SA, NT
    6pm WA

India Shimla Honey
    Typically the best Indian coffees we have found hail from around Mysore, this is the first time we have ever sourced a coffee this far north in India and its an exciting region.  High altitude and semi washed honey process this is a chaff monster during roasting.  Smooth, well rounded, great body and creamy mouth feel as an espresso shot.  Great coffee. $13/kg*

Sulawesi Blue
    Amazing deep blue green colour from this wet hulled and hand sorted Sulawesi bean.  Easy to roast, requires a fair amount of heat early then a tapering heat curve before dropping at around CS9.  Lots of fruit, light acidity, super body and a little spice in the finish.  This is what great wet hulled indos are all about. $13.50/kg*

Costa Rica Hacienda Miramonte
    Is a very clean well processed Central American coffee.  The farm is UTZ and RFA certified and nearly all of their crop is shade grown.  Crisp, mid bodied espresso shot that stands-up well in milk.  At a lighter roast it produces a great syphon or pour-over long black too. $11.50/kg*

We have also landed some more stocks of some CS favourites so there is plenty of choice in BeanBay for everyone.

* price per kilo packed in 2.5kg CoffeeSnobs cotton bags and includes the FairCrack $0.50/kg donation.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post and Star Track Express along with some other options depending on where you live or you can collect your paid order from...

Pickup Points

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - "cksyd" - Kellyville
    NSW - Erkochurch - Erskinville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - Fiefys Specialty Cafe - Adelaide
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" - Wembley
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (ONLY 24/9/11 10:30-11:30)

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 30/9/2011

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Please dont annoy the pickup points by asking for your beans before they let you know in this thread they are available for collection.

Enjoy!

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - 12th Sept 2011

I was sitting here tonight thinking about buying some more greens and then I thought, surely the next Beanbay is coming up soon. No sooner had I finished this thought than your email came through Andy!! Psychic much??

Looking forward to some of that Sulawesi!

Comment

Very interesting selection this time Andy, particularly the Indian... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 57626D646C030 link=1315744230/1#1 date=1315745242
        I was sitting here tonight thinking about buying some more greens and then I thought, surely the next Beanbay is coming up soon.  No sooner had I finished this thought than your email came through Andy!!  Psychic much??

Looking forward to some of that Sulawesi!

Same here..A pleasant suprise to wake up to...

Comment

Yeah we do try and get it to land mid month but freight, logistics and customs sometimes hamper my best efforts.

They are 3 really different offerings this month so everyone should be able to pick something that suits.

Originally posted by 6A47434F422E0 link=1315744230/2#2 date=1315748273
          particularly the Indian
          I didnt know coffee was even grown that far north until the samples arrived. From the little I know its a fairly new growning region and we should see more high altitude Indian offerings in the coming years.

Comment

Ill definitely be buying tonight, just need to work out how many bags I can stash

Does the Instant Snobby Chai? have a reasonable shelf life? Thinking of it as a Chrissie present, but dont want to buy too early if it doesnt keep

Comment

Originally posted by 28242D2D2E2E14263E264B0 link=1315744230/5#5 date=1315793656
              Instant Snobby Chai? have a reasonable shelf life?
              Official shelf life is 2 years... but I expect it would last for a lot longer than that!

Comment

Great, thanks Andy

Sister in law sorted  ;D (she loves the original but wouldnt brew it up)

Comment

after a break i am glad to be getting back to the bean bay . why does my stash always feel so small?

Paul.

Comment

Oh no, i was hoping that the yirgacheffe would still be available, friends and family loved it, guess i will have to look at some of the other ethiopian coffees, they are always a hit.

Comment

Sadly... I cant be near a PC when BeanBay kicks off tonight :-[
                      ...but I should be home an hour or so later.

Comment

Can someone tell me how this works please. DO i just go to the beanbay site and select the quatities that I want at 8pm?

Comment

Originally posted by 2C223126242F223E264B0 link=1315744230/11#11 date=1315818967
                          Can someone tell me how this works please. DO i just go to the beanbay site and select the quatities that I want at 8pm?
                          Correct. At exactly 8pm, the new beans will become available. There are sometimes some surprises too at that time (ie very small quantities of beans - only a few kilos available), which go quickly. Sometimes beans all vanish quickly, sometimes they remain available for the month. Just depends how eager people are.

Comment

jeez its addictive, and being such an easy process doesnt help!

shakes fist at Andy!!! ;D hehehe

Comment

It has been a few months since last purchasing from Beanbay. Ive been trying to reduce the size of my stash, and Ive still a fair way to go.

But then, Oscar Wilde once said "I can resist anything but temptation", and I just coudnt resist the Costa Rica.

The Costa Rica San Marcos de Tarrazu Naranjo was really, really good. Im hoping the Costa Rica Hacienda Miramonte will be just as good.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X