• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - 9th October 2011

Monthly Green Bean BeanBay

SUNDAY 9th October
    20:00 AEDT

Im pretty sure the overly complicated daylight savings timezones translate to:

8:00pm ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7:30pm SA
    7:00pm QLD
    6:30pm NT
    5:00pm WA

The new beans that will appear in BeanBay at the above times are:

Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo
    New stock of the CS favourite has just arrived.  Large supremo sized graded beans, clean and well sorted. This is a really easy bean to roast and works well through a range of roast depths.  In the cup it produces a bold, slightly spicy espresso that stands-up well in milk based drinks.   $11.50/kg*

Panama Finca Eleta Geisha
    one of those memorable coffees that we wished we could land all year round.  Fully washed and well graded it roasts very evenly and produces a pretty looking roast.  In the grinder you get a huge floral cloud of aromas that build the anticipation of the pour.  In the cup you find a mid bodied espresso with some of the same florals and a bright finish that leaves a pleasant linger.  Great Central American coffee. $16.50/kg*

PNG Eastern Highland Wilds.  This is a strange coffee, really strange and possibly the ugliest coffee I have seen for a long time.  Im told it was picked from wild coffee trees and is ungraded, unsorted, full of different sized and different coloured beans .  Before dismissing the sample as floor sweepings I roasted some and found that it roasts surprisingly ok.  In the cup it produced a very big coffee that worked well as a latte or a macchiato but not as well as an espresso.  A good cheap blender at $8/kg*

* price per kilo packed in 2.5kg CoffeeSnobs cotton bags and includes the FairCrack $0.50/kg donation.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post and Star Track Express along with some other options depending on where you live or you can collect your paid order from...

Pickup Points (one per state)

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - Erkochurch - Erskinville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - Fiefys Specialty Cafe - Adelaide
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" - Wembley
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (Only available 22/10/11 10:30-11:30)

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 21/10/2011

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Please dont annoy the pickup points by asking for your beans before they let you know in this thread they are available for collection.

Enjoy!

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - 9th October 2011

Originally posted by 6A454F522B0 link=1317983365/0#0 date=1317983365
    We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 21/9/2011
    Wow - Thats awesome Andy - does that mean I can go pick up some of the Panama now?! ;D :P

Just stirring about the typo - looking forward to this months beanbay!

Comment

Originally posted by 76434C454D220 link=1317983365/1#1 date=1317984578
      Just stirring about the typo
      What typo?
      :P

Comment

Nice new beans Andy.... 8-)

Ive had some real beauts from the Eastern Highlands (near Goroka). I can imagine why they call them "wild" - You should see the country the people live in, around these parts - not a level piece of ground to be found anywhere and usually between 70-80deg. mountain slopes is the norm...

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Andy, great to see some Panama back after a long time, my favourite
          Cheers, Jason.

Comment

Hey Andy, are these beans only available green?  Id love to buy some Geisha coffee but roasted, any chance?  Cheers.

Comment

Sorry, green only. We just didnt land enough to be able to offer it roasted too.

Comment

Uncanny ... Ive only recently finished the last cup of my last roast of the Columbia Volcan Galeras, and in my notes file I wrote "Definitely get this one again". Then, just a few days later, it appears on beanbay!

I wasnt planning to buy this time, but now Ive got to ... now where have i heard that before?

Comment

Ah thats a shame, I got to try so Geisha a few months ago when I was in Boquete, un-effing-believable!

But thanks to the above last post Ill settle for some Colombian Volcan Galeras instead.

Comment

Ive resisted the last few bean bays but it was all too much.

Once Im putting in an order I just cant help getting a few kilos of this, oh, and some of that too...

Best addiction ever!

Comment

yes, i couldnt resist getting 2.5kg bags of the Colombian Volcan Galeras Supremo and the Panama Finca Eleta Geisha. then it seemed a good idea to throw in a bag of something african for global balance (got the Tanzania Uru Estate) and postal economy.

i think im in trouble now if next months is irresistable too as i have 3 months consumation ahead of me.

Comment

Originally posted by 11343E185B0 link=1317983365/9#9 date=1318151242
                        Best addiction ever!
                        ;D

Yeah, its all good fun and home roasting results can be amazing with some good beans and a little care during roasting.

Enjoy!

Comment

Seems a bit quiet tonight.
                          Not the usual rush.
                          Must be the end-of-school-holidays funk.

Suits me though.
                          All done and I cant wait to try the Geisha.
                          I also grabbed some Tanzania - to try out some of the fruits of the Faircrack fund.

Whats a nice CS range to aim for with the Geisha?

Comment

Well thank goodness for smartphones. I just remembered beanbay was on and managed to snag the last 2.5 of the Panama. Whee!

Comment

it might be quiet here, but the panaman geisha went in 45mins so i hope theres a few happy people out there..

Comment

Working...
                              X