• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - 17th November 2011

Monthly Green Bean BeanBay

Thursday 17th November
    20:00 AEDT

Im pretty sure the overly complicated daylight savings timezones translate to:

8:00pm ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7:30pm SA
    7:00pm QLD
    6:30pm NT
    5:00pm WA

The new beans that will appear in BeanBay at the above times are:

Nicaragua Mombacho SHG (Strictly High Grown) is a fully washed, clean processed bean. Shipped in grain-pro it arrived in great condition and is really stable to roast through a range of roast depths. Lighter roasts produced Brazil nut flavour while the darker CS9-10 bought the creamy body to the cup with a long, lingering finish. Great Central American coffee. $11.50/kg*

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Special Prep
    Yirggy, Yirggy, Yirg! We have just landed more of the special prep, double sort Yirgacheffe. Very well screened and hand graded (twice) it produces an amazing aroma off the grinder and is full of florals in the cup. Great at a CS8 light roast but still interesting at a CS9 where the body improves and you get more cocoa tones in the cup. An exciting and interesting coffee in espresso based drinks or using other brew methods like drip, plunger and syphon. $12.50/kg*

India Elephant Hills Grade A
    This is the first time that we have landed this direct trade Indian coffee. The Elephant Hills coffee hails from the Thalanar region well known for growing coffee, citrus and cardamom. Well processed and screened to A grade this is an easy coffee to roast and works well as a single origin or as a base for a traditional Italian style blend. Super sweet and quite bold in milk based drinks and should become a favourite of CSrs everywhere. 11.00/kg*

* price per kilo packed in 2.5kg CoffeeSnobs cotton bags and includes the FairCrack $0.50/kg donation.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post and Star Track Express along with some other options depending on where you live or you can collect your paid order from...

Pickup Points (one per state)

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - Erkochurch - Erskinville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - Fiefys Specialty Cafe - Adelaide
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" - Wembley
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (Only available 26/11/11 10:30-11:30)

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 25/11/2011

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Please dont annoy the pickup points by asking for your beans before they let you know in this thread they are available for collection.

Enjoy!

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Sale - 17th November 2011

Hey Andy,
    I your opinion, how does the Elephant Hills stack up against MM?
    cheers
    Andy

Comment

Yes! More Yirg! ;D

Comment

hi Andy,

You cant tease us about a potential surprise and then not share ?

What is it ? what is it ? Hint ?
        Dont know if i can wait another Month not knowing......

Comment

Originally posted by 505F554354460604310 link=1321456314/1#1 date=1321482741
          I your opinion, how does the Elephant Hills stack up against MM
          They are very different things.

The Indian beans are nowhere near as colourful as these...

Originally posted by 65505F565E310 link=1321456314/2#2 date=1321487587
          Yes! More Yirg!
          ...and plenty of it!

Originally posted by 43584B545F310 link=1321456314/3#3 date=1321492405
          What is it ? what is it ? Hint ?
          Freight forwarders, AQIS and couriers work to random time schedules... if it arrives today it will go into BeanBay else it will wait till the next one.
          Sorry.

Comment

Re: BeanBay Green Bean sales.

please advise the pick up point in Perth

Comment

WA - "Caffeinefreak" - Wembley

Comment

Originally posted by 3D2E2C2E3F2A29272E384B0 link=1111152844/1#1 date=1321500760
                please advise the pick up point in Perth
                This is a general post which discusses what BeanBay is about.
                Specific BeanBays, such as the November 2011 one advised today, have their own thread.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1321456314/

Brett.

Comment

Originally posted by 052A203D440 link=1321456314/4#4 date=1321495366
                  They are very different things.

The Indian beans are nowhere near as colourful as these...

MMM! Chocolaty aftertaste, sweet palate, and no need for a machine! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 6E756679721C0 link=1321456314/3#3 date=1321492405
                    Dont know if i can wait another Month not knowing
                    ...arrived this afternoon, packing it now ready for BB tonight (cut it super fine!)

Timor-Leste Liquica. Anyone who can remember the wild, road-side picked, rough sorted East Timor coffees from 5 and 6 years ago would be stunned to see just how far our near neighbour has come in processing. This coffee is washed and very well processed which makes it easy to roast. In the cup at CS9 it had a big body and ripe fruit sweetness finishing with a drying acidity that made the flavours linger. This is an exciting coffee from a region that depends on coffee for income, coffees like this will put them on the world stage. $11.50/kg*

Enjoy!

Comment

Exciting - I like the sound of the Timor-Leste Liquica
                      Im also running low on Peru which is a favourite.

Comment

All ordered and money transferred.

Ive been trying my best to not buy beans for a while (ive got a ridiculous amount already) but i wanted to get a peripheral item and given shipping is the same either way, i couldnt help but throw in a bag of the Timor-Leste beans, along with a bag of the Sulawesi Blue from a previous BeanBay.

Im sure i can find a hiding spot for the two new bags

Comment

All done & paid, Peru, Nic  & East Timor. Too easy

Comment

Ahhh....thats better. 10kg of Andys finest!

Comment

Yirg for me this round, Im limiting myself which is really quite hard to do

But I love Yirg.

Comment

Working...
                              X