• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Release - MONDAY 12th March 2012

Monthly Green Bean BeanBay

MONDAY 12th March 2012 
    20:00 AEDT

Im pretty sure the overly complicated daylight savings timezones translate to:

8:00pm ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7:30pm SA
    7:00pm QLD
    6:30pm NT
    5:00pm WA

The new beans that will appear in BeanBay at the above times are:

Costa Rica Santa Elena Tarrazu
    This bean hails from the Santa Elena Estate in Tarrazu.  Washed and high grade (SHB) this is an easy roasting bean that produces a bright and balanced espresso with a good body.  It really shines in milk based drinks where the higher acidity cuts through the milk making the resulting coffee sweet with a long dry finish.  An excellent Central American coffee. $11.50/kg*

Santo Domingo Barahona AA
    Another great coffee that we havent seen for years.  The Santo Domingo Barahona AA is graded slightly smaller than the AAA that we used to source but has similar cup traits.  Well balanced, mid bodied with some acidity, very similar in style to PNG and  Jamaican coffees and will work well as a single origin or an base to something funkier.  $12.00/kg*

Ethiopian Sidamo Haile Selassie
    Clean and well sorted coffee was processed by the Haile Selassie mill in Sidamo and exported as grade 2.  I have a bias towards most of the old growth Eastern African coffees so there is little  surprise that I loved this one.  Rich, fruity and a fat body makes this a stunning espresso shot.  In milk it is softer but the flavours still come though.  Great value and a super coffee. $10.50/kg*

Mexico El Malinal Typica
    This amazing coffee is easily the best Mexican we have ever landed. The organic at origin Mexican El Malinal is clean washed, sorted and roasts really well.  This high grown (SHG) Typica is fairly dense and does take a bit of heat during the roast and is suited to slower roasts.  Roasted to a CS10 in the cup you will get a mid bodied, bright espresso shot full of spice and cocoa notes which produces a stunning single origin cafe latte or cappuccino. $12.50/kg*

* price per kilo packed in 2.5kg CoffeeSnobs cotton bags and includes the FairCrack $0.50/kg donation.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post (express or road) and Star Track Express (air or road) along with some other options depending on where you live. or you can collect your paid order from Morgan Street (when Im there).

Pickup Points

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post and Star Track Express along with some other options depending on where you live or you can collect your paid order from...

Pickup Points (one per state)

QLD - Veneziano - West End
    NSW - Beanology - Cafe Biz 18/3 & 19/3 only (free)
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - Fiefys Specialty Cafe - Adelaide
    WA - "Caffeinefreak" - Wembley
    VIC - Veneziano - Abbotsford (Only available 24/3/12 10:30-11:30)

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 23/3/2012

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Please dont annoy the pickup points by asking for your beans before they let you know in this thread they are available for collection.

Enjoy!
    8-)

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Release - MONDAY 12th March 2012

Seeing that Im doing a road trip to Beanology...
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1328358469

NSW CSrs get the pickup option of free freight this month!

18th March & 19th March only
    Beanology @ Cafe Biz
    Australian Technology Park
    Locomotive Street
    Eveleigh NSW 2015

Just select the Beanology pickup at the BeanBay checkout and everything that is paid for before I leave Ill bring with me.

8-)

Also... I realised that when I cut and pasted the beans for the email I left off the Mexian El Malinal. Ooops. Its in the above post and will appear with the others in BeanBay on Monday night.

Comment

would it be possible to pick up the beans from the Beanology event if not attending? unfortunately Sunday sold out and I cant make Mondays event :-[

Comment

Originally posted by 063D362B2A2D273137440 link=1331349677/2#2 date=1331539662
        would it be possible to pick up the beans from the Beanology event if not attending? 
        Sure.
        You could also register for Cafe Biz and swing by and grab your beans.
        http://www.cafeculture.com/register

There will be plenty to see at Cafe Biz including baista comps and some great trade stands. See this thread for some teasers:
        http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1328358469

Worth mentioning that Ill be super busy both days so please be patient if you are picking up beans while Beanology is on and if Im in the midddle of something then you might have to swing back an hour later.

Comment

Done and Done..
          cheers Andy, Im local so no problem with coming back later

Comment

Originally posted by 162D263B3A3D372127540 link=1331349677/4#4 date=1331543362
            Im local so no problem with coming back later
            Cool.

I had a couple of queries from CSrs as to why it was a Monday Bean Bay... short answer is this a psudo Sunday here as its a public holiday in ACT, VIC, TAS and SA today.

...so my "Sunday roast" was today and it will ship tomorrow. Please dont beat-up the postie or the courier for being a day late.
            ;D

Comment

The interstate orders have just shipped...

SA
              http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=JQQ0002780

WA
              http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=JQQ0002779

QLD
              http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=JQQ0002782

TAS
              http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html?id=JQQ0002781

The pickup points will let you know in this thread when they are available for collection. If you get them before that, please post in here to let others know they are available.

NSW pickup @ Beanology is in the van and will do the road trip tomorrow.

VIC pickup is stil available as an option in BeanBay until I return from Sydney next week.

Enjoy!

8-)

Comment

Hi Andy
                Wondering if Ive missed the boat/van to order for Beanology pickup? Could you please advise and if yes, Ill order and pay pronto.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 707C6F6F747E766B74717178767275741D0 link=1331349677/7#7 date=1331771098
                  Hi Andy
                  Wondering if Ive missed the boat/van to order for Beanology pickup? Could you please advise and if yes, Ill order and pay pronto.
                  Thanks
                  Imma gonna say, "yes" as Andy is likely mid-way between Melbourne and Sydney by now.

Comment

First time ever I never received the BeanBay notification email

Comment

Originally posted by 5247060006330 link=1331349677/9#9 date=1331777795
                      First time ever I never received the BeanBay notification email
                      Now you mention it... Neither did I.

Comment

mine came on the 11th

Comment

dont think ive missed one yet

I use my work email account tho, not hotmail / gmail

Comment

got mine today ......

Comment

Originally posted by 0E2337252A2B2C25033604233627420 link=1331349677/8#8 date=1331771996
                              Imma gonna say, "yes" as Andy is likely mid-way between Melbourne and Sydney by now.
                              Oh well, its not the end of the world. Im not down to the last green bean. Goes to prove that one needs to buy extra stock during Beanbay green bean opportunities  for lean times when one misses the van, eh!!! 

Comment

Working...
                              X