Monthly Green Bean BeanBay

MONDAY 9th April 2012 
    20:00 AEST

8:00pm QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7:30pm SA, NT
    6:00pm WA

The new beans that will appear in BeanBay at the above times are:

Panama El Huacal SHB
    The Panama El Huacal is a great looking green coffee.  Deep dark green in colour you know before it hits the roaster that it will poduce a great coffee and it does.  SHB - Strictly Hard Bean grown at high altitude in the best growing area of Panama this coffee produces a mid bodied, bright and floral espresso shot.  A great example of what Central American coffees should be. $12/kg*

ROBUSTA Sumatra Extra Large Washed
    This Sumatra robusta is HUGE.  Each green bean is about double the average size of an arabica bean.  Super clean processing and graded to only extra large size this is a great component bean to a bold coffee blend that will stand-up to even the larger milk based drinks.  Roast CS10 dark for best results. $7.50/kg*

ROBUSTA Uganda Sundried
    This is a sun dried robusta, much smaller in size and produces a good body in the cup.  Its a great component for an Italian style espresso.  It roasts slower and requires more heat so roast this seperate for best blending results.  Start at 10% in your blend and adjust to suit taste. $7.50/kg*

ROBUSTA India Kaapi Royale Bold
    This is a history making robusta.  The Sethuraman Estate Robusta Kaapi Royale was the first coffee to obtain an R Certificate as a specialty grade robusta.  Bean size is graded large and processing is clean.  As a single origin it packs a punch and is perfectly suited to add crema and bite to an espresso blend. $7.50/kg*

* price per kilo packed in 2.5kg CoffeeSnobs cotton bags and includes the FairCrack $0.50/kg donation.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post (express or road) and Star Track Express (air or road) along with some other options depending on where you live. or you can collect your paid order from Morgan Street (when Im there).

Pickup Points

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post and Star Track Express along with some other options depending on where you live or you can collect your paid order from...

Pickup Points (one per state)

QLD - Veneziano- West End
    NSW - Erkochurch - Erskinville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - Fiefys Specialty Cafe - Adelaide
    WA - "Greeman" - Warwick
    VIC - Sorry Ill be away, no Vic pickup this month

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 20/4/2012

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Please dont annoy the pickup points by asking for your beans before they let you know in this thread they are available for collection.

Enjoy!
    8-)

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Release - MONDAY 9th April 2012

Please note:

WA pickup is now being hosted by Greenman (Trevor)
    8-)

NSW - Erkochurch pickup is back.
    8-)

VIC pickup: Sorry guys, no free pickup this month as Ill be away.  There are plenty of good value freight options still.

Comment

Originally posted by 416E6479000 link=1333796475/1#1 date=1333796749
      NSW - Erkochurch pickup is back.
      Hi Andy,
      I was just wondering how soon I have to have my order in if I was going to get a NSW pick-up? I am at sea and wont be home until the 17th - 18th to see what I have left in stock at home.... I can order extra if I have to get the order in much sooner than that.

Thanks very much.
      Best Regards, Frank (Mariner).

Comment

The pickup points (all of them) will close tomorrow so we can freight everything out that is paid for.

Typically they will show as available when I send the monthly email and close a day or two later else those that order early have to wait too long.

Comment

Is the NSW pickup afternoon only? The only opportunity I would have that day is a 10am pickup :-/

Comment

Roger is pretty easy going so if you contact him after he posts the beans have arrived Im sure he will say thats fine.

As in the 1st post above... the delivery date is a "best guess", they should arrive sooner than that but the pickup points will post in this thread when the beans have arrived and are unpacked, ready for pickup.

Comment

+1

I love Roger - hes a top bloke!

Good to see a robusta up on Beanbay. Its the first time Ive seen it since Ive been roasting (ie close to a year now) so I have to give this one a whirl. Im also guessing this is nasty stuff as a single origin?

Comment

Sorry if Im asking this question in the wrong place, but Ive got a delivery coming to NSW (Erko). Is this the thread where details of that get announced??

Comment

Originally posted by 04212E29252C7778400 link=1333796475/7#7 date=1334284402
                  Sorry if Im asking this question in the wrong place, but Ive got a delivery coming to NSW (Erko). Is this the thread where details of that get announced??

Sure is

Comment

Beans have arrived for Hobart contact me to arrange pick up.

Regards Simon (ParaM)

Comment

Tentative pickup for WA is Saturday the 20th 2-4pm at my humble abode.
                      Will notify everyone when beans arrive
                      hope to c u then

Comment

Originally posted by 455047474C4F434C220 link=1333796475/10#10 date=1334571751
                        Tentative pickup for WA is  Saturday the 20th 2-4pm at my humble abode.
                        hope to c u then
                        The fumes must be getting to you!!!! I will see you on Saturday 21

Comment

Originally posted by 2F0121031016030C620 link=1333796475/11#11 date=1334579357
                          Originally posted by 455047474C4F434C220 link=1333796475/10#10 date=1334571751
                          Tentative pickup for WA is  Saturday the 20th 2-4pm at my humble abode.
                          hope to c u then
                          The fumes must be getting to you!!!!  I will see you on Saturday 21 
                          : : :sorry the 21st
                          its paint fumes this week....!!!

Comment

beans are at erko (NSW) and ready for pickup (even at 10am!)

usual story: give me a text on 0413 144 017 and well sort out a time that works.

Were at 55 Erskineville Rd, on the corner of Rochford St (just across from one of the best cafes in the inner west, Shenkin). Park in the church carpark & come through the gate to our house. Use the door on the left, past the frangipani :-)

Roger

Comment

WA beans have arrived. Pickup at Greenmans Sat 21st between 2-4pm--hope to see you then
                              Cadan
                              Interwood
                              vasys88
                              please pm me for pickup details

Comment

Working...
                              X