Monthly Green Bean BeanBay

MONDAY 14th May 2012
    20:00 AEST

8:00pm QLD, ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS
    7:30pm SA, NT
    6:00pm WA

The new beans that will appear in BeanBay at the above times are:

India Elephant Hills AA Grade
    This is the latest crop of the Indian Elephant Hills. This time its packed even better and the grading is amazing. This coffee hails from the Thalanar region well known for growing coffee, citrus and cardamom. Well processed and screened to AA grade this is an easy coffee to roast and works well as a single origin or as a base for a traditional Italian style blend. Super sweet yet quite bold in milk based drinks. Wonderful all rounder coffee. $11/kg*

Burundi Ngozi Microlot
    This Burundi Ngozi is a well sized, washed high altitude coffee (1900m) it was processed at the Murambi washing station (GPS -2.912000, 29.738000). Getting coffee out of the land-locked Burundi is often trickier than the rest of Africa but its always worthwhile. Good body with a long lingering finish that works as an espresso and in milk. $12/kg*

Uganda Kisoro AA
    This high grown Ugandan Arabica is washed but not polished and then screened to a large AA size. In the roaster this is easy to roast but expect plenty of chaff. In the cup it has a subtle acidity and heavy body that made a great double espresso and a syrupy ristretto. This worked best for me roasted to a CS10 depth where the cocoa range of flavours dominate. Excellent value coffee. $10/kg*

Honduras Montana de Comayagua
    This fully washed high grown Honduran coffee is a ripper. Most Central American coffees can be a little thin but this one has a surprisingly good body. In the lighter roasts (CS8) the zesty citrus peel acidity shines through, taken a little darker (CS9) it becomes crisp, green apple like acidity. Really interesting coffee that works in a wide range of roast depths and should work in a wide range of brewing styles too. $11/kg*

* price per kilo packed in 2.5kg CoffeeSnobs cotton bags and includes the FairCrack $0.50/kg donation.

You can select direct shipping via Australia Post (express or road) and Star Track Express (air or road) along with some other options depending on where you live. or you can collect your paid order from Morgan Street (when Im there, afternoons are more likely).

Pickup Points (one per state)
    (only an available option for a couple of days either side of the sale date).

QLD - Veneziano- West End
    NSW - Erkochurch - Erskinville
    TAS - "ParaM" – Hobart
    SA - Fiefys Specialty Cafe - Adelaide
    WA - "Greeman" - Warwick
    VIC - Veneziano- Abbotsford - 19th May 10:30-11:30 only

We hope to get beans to the pickup points by: 25/5/2012

This delivery date is a best guess as we are often at the whim of couriers around the country. Generally when the beans arrive at the pickup point someone will post in this thread to let you know the time/date that you should meet for the pickup.

Please dont annoy the pickup points by asking for your beans before they let you know in this thread they are available for collection.

Enjoy!
    8-)

Re: Monthly BeanBay GREEN Bean Release - MONDAY 14th May 2012

Be strong, I must reduce my stash, I must reduce my stash.........ahh maybe just a couple of bags Andy you are evil [even if you dont realise] ;D

Steve

Comment

Steve give in buddy give in to the new exciting beans, just need to start drinking more!!

Andy (or anyone else) my olds use a french press (bodam, plunger what ever you want to call it. What beans would you recommend for that i have read on here that the Paru is good.
      Also sorry if this is in the wrong section!

Comment

Woo hoo, order is in. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 3A373A2B2C396869580 link=1336832630/2#2 date=1336975332
          my olds use a french press
          If you are roasting for them then just about anything is good in a plunger. Play around with roast depth to suit their taste.

Originally posted by 35392C2C39363C3F313434580 link=1336832630/3#3 date=1336990051
          Woo hoo
          Bean Bay night is like that.
          Ill pack and ship as much as I can tomorrow so most of the direct shipping orders should arrive Wednesday and Thursday.

Will also try and get the interstate pick-up point beans out Wednesday or Thursday so everyone needs to pay when ordering so it clears in the bank in time.

Happy roasting everyone!

Comment

Order is in, picked up some Elephant and a few others!

Cant wait to put them through the behmor ;D

Comment

Mmmm...Honduran!

Comment

Why is it that I cant resist buying beans when my stockpile is increasing and my consumption remains the same

The only solution is to roast / drink more! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 767E77796E6E69751B0 link=1336832630/5#5 date=1336990816
                  How many Elephants can you roast in a Behmor?
                  ;D

I roasted a lot of the Elephant AA in the Behmor at MICE last weekend.  The coffee cleared customs just prior so I had a 60kg bag on the stand... must have roasted nearly 20kg over the 3 days and every roast was a winner.

225g on a cold roaster, 250g per batch when the roaster was warm.

250g - 1/2 pound - P2 - Start.

Really easy to roast even when you are distracted and chatting, just imagine how good a result you will get if you pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by 416E6479000 link=1336832630/8#8 date=1336991827
                    Originally posted by 767E77796E6E69751B0 link=1336832630/5#5 date=1336990816
                    How many Elephants can you roast in a Behmor?
                    ;D
                    Not sure but willing to try!

Might play around with a few blends too

Comment

Originally posted by 212E29342823460 link=1336832630/7#7 date=1336991735
                      Why is it that I cant resist buying beans when my stockpile is increasing and my consumption remains the same

The only solution is to roast / drink more! ;D
                      And thanks to your unhealthy interest, Im hooked too! 

Comment

excited to get my first big order from bean bay been getting back into the roasting after a long period of buying browns - the passion is back!

Got some Elephant Hills AA and PNG Wahgi. Cant wait to put them through the corretto

Comment

beanbay is better than eeebay! and just as addictive!

Thanks Andy!

Comment

too many choices
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by 565F5755553A0 link=1336832630/13#13 date=1337004187
                              too many choices Sad
                              lol
                              nar just try them all

Comment

Working...
                              X