This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Bean Release - SEPT - OCT 2014

BeanBay Green Bean Release - September and then extra added for October 2014

Available in BeanBay now...

Costa Rica Santa Elena Tarrazu

Click image for larger version

Name:	120_120_CostaRicaSantaElenaTarrazu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	756704
    This bean hails from the Santa Elena Estate in Tarrazu. Washed and high grade (SHB) this is an easy roasting bean that produces a bright and balanced espresso with a good body. It really shines in milk based drinks where the higher acidity cuts through the milk making the resulting coffee sweet with a long dry finish. An excellent Central American coffee.

Uganda Kisoro AA

Name:	120_120_UgandaKisoroAA.jpg
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	756705
    This high grown Ugandan Arabica is washed but not polished and then screened to a large AA size. In the roaster this is easy to roast but expect plenty of chaff. In the cup it has a subtle acidity and heavy body that made a great double espresso and a syrupy ristretto. This worked best for me roasted to a CS10 depth where the cocoa range of flavours dominate. Excellent value coffee.

Venezuela San Cristobal Lavado Fino

Name:	120_120_VenezuelaSanCristobalLavadoFino.jpg
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	756706
    Is a very large screen, washed and well processed bean from an unusual coffee origin. Easy to roast with good acidity and body makes this a great single origin for milk based drinks. Very high grade and large screen beans that expand to peanut size when roasted. South American coffee that cups like a Central, great looking and beautiful drinking.

Colombia La Esperanza Gesha Cerro Azul

Name:	120_120_ColombiaLaEsperanzaGesha1.jpg
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	756729
    Colombia Cafe Granja La Esperanza Gesha Cerro Azul Grand Crue. This "Blue Mountain Geisha" (Gesha) coffee is possibly one of the very best coffees in the country at the moment and certainly the most amazing Colombian coffee I've ever tried.

Easy to roast, and at a CS8 it was a floral explosion off the grinder, sweet and balanced in the cup with a mid-high bodied viscosity that felt like velvet. Wow, pity this is too expensive to drink every day. I've done some experimentation in roast depths and a couple of different brew methods and every one of them is a stunner.

It won the Coffee of the Year and Roasters Guild National Championship at the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) and according to the farm, Kenneth Davids scored it a monster 96.5

See the farm website for more details:
    Grand Crue Cafe Granja La Esperanza Geisha Cerro Azul.
    http://www.coffeefarmlaesperanza.com...rocafe1en.html

PNG Wahgi AA

Name:	120_120_PNG_WahgiAA.jpg
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	756764

Well washed, sorted and sized this is a really easy bean to roast and the results work well through a number of roast depths and brewing styles. Bright and acidic at CS8, Sweet at CS9, full of cocoa at CS10. I like it as an doppio espresso at CS9 where it's still has some lingering brightness but this coffee really shines best in milk based drinks.

All the above beans are packed in 2.5kg zippered cotton bags (with the exception of the Colombian Geisha which is in 1kg foil bag lots), perfect for storage for up to 3 years when kept in a cool, dark and dry position. We ship out from the Snobbery Monday to Thursday and BeanBay will show the shipping options to your area. We do recommend that you ship to an attended address (eg: work) to avoid delivery delays.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Andy; 4 October 2014, 10:11 PM. Reason: added the Colombian Geisha and PNG Wahgi

Appears the Wahgi has fallen off the ship!

Comment

Originally posted by RecR View Post
      Appears the Wahgi has fallen off the ship!
      Nah, still waiting on customs clearance... should be soon(ish).
      ...which is why I hate quoting arrival times of anything until I can touch it.
      There are just way too many factors beyond my control.

########
      Late edit
      ########
      Wahgi is here and available in BeanBay NOW!

Comment

I just landed an amazing Colombian and have updated the first post.

It's available now in BeanBay

As a Green Bean:
        Colombia Cafe Granja La Esperanza Gesha Cerro Azul Grand Crue.

...and a Roasted Bean
        Colombia La Esperanza Gesha (Geisha)

Neither are cheap but darn it's an amazing Colombian coffee.

Comment

Hmmm.....Colombian....big$/kg....you sure it's coffee Andy?

Comment

Wow!

Wish I could afford some... KD scored it 96.5; that in itself is amazing...

Mal.

Comment

I would get a 1kg roasted if available. I couldn't see myself getting through 2.

Maybe someone wants to go halves on a 2kg roast of Colombian geisha.
              Last edited by crazikid; 26 September 2014, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                I just landed an amazing Colombian and have updated the first post.

It's available now in BeanBay

As a Green Bean:
                Colombia Cafe Granja La Esperanza Gesha Cerro Azul Grand Crue.

...and a Roasted Bean
                Colombia La Esperanza Gesha (Geisha)

Neither are cheap but darn it's an amazing Colombian coffee.
                Phwoar. Irresistible!

Comment

Irresistible?
                  Yeah, I had trouble saying no to this one and bought the whole crop lot. Packed in 17.5kg vacuum bricks it will keep fresh for a long time.
                  (If you wan't to buy your own 17.5kg vacuum brick(s) of this let me know off-line)

Much of the Colombian coffee produced for export is very good but it's rare for any farm to really push the envelope and hit the very top of the speciality market.

...I would get a 1kg roasted if available...
                  I have seen this being sold for around $150/kg and that wasn't roasted to order so our $90/kg is pretty awesome pricing, you are effectively getting the second kilo for free. ;-)

I expect quite a bit of this lot will become Christmas presents for the Coffee Snob who has everything.

Comment

aaaaaah Andy..... you've done it again!

Comment

Hi Andy

Is there likely to be a release of PNG Wahgi AA anytime soon? If not is there anything that roast to a similar cocoa at a dark roast?

Cheers

Peter

Comment

Temptation, temptation............

After reading the descriptors for the Geisha I could not resist and ordered 2kg, will be eagerly awaiting the parcel delivery man.......................

Comment

Originally posted by greenman View Post
                          After reading the descriptors for the Geisha I could not resist and ordered 2kg, will be eagerly awaiting the parcel delivery man.......................
                          Parcel Delivery guy might look like this...

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	737860

Comment

Or like this; if ordering bricks! ;-)

Attached Files

Comment

Recieved 2kg of this today - thanks Andy! Will be roasting up straight after work

Comment

Working...
                              X