• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Bean Release - August 2015

BeanBay Green Bean Release - August 2015
    Available in BeanBay now:

Ethiopia Limmu Sundried

Ethiopia Limmu Sundried - we have been waiting for this one to land for quite a while and it was well worth the wait. Full sun dried process this bean is a chaff monster in the roaster but settles down at first crack. Big ripe fruit aromatics as a green bean which translate well into the end product. Big body, ripe fruits and warm spices cloud off the grinder and in the cup with enough lingering flavours to make it really hard to stop at one doppio.

El Salvador Quezaltepec Bourbon

El Salvador Quezaltepec Bourbon - high grown, clean and well processed, easy to get great roast results through a range of roast depths. As an espresso it had good body and an initial sweetness that morphed into floral aromatics with the expected clean sharp finish. This is a great Central American coffee and should work well through a wide range brewing devices.

Of course there are plenty of other great coffees in BeanBay too, so you are sure to find something you love!

...the fine print...
    (with the exception of the 1kg Maui) All BeanBay green beans are packed in 2.5kg zippered cotton bags, perfect for storage for up to 3 years when kept in a cool, dark and dry position. We ship paid orders out from the Snobbery Monday to Thursday and BeanBay will show the available shipping options to your area. Larger orders are typically cheaper to freight so we suggest ordering all your requirements at once. We also strongly recommend that you ship to an attended address (eg: work or grandma's house) to avoid delivery delays.

Enjoy!

Sounds like another couple of wonderful beans to add to the list Andy...

Great value on the El Sal beans though, will be hard to pass up.

Mal.

Comment

El Sal is back!!! *dances*

See you on Monday Andy!

-Linda
      Last edited by LindaD; 6 August 2015, 11:46 PM. Reason: andy doesn't work Fridays :(

Comment

Reason: andy doesn't work Fridays

Well not entirely true... andy does work Friday's (and every other day of the week) but not at the warehouse for pickups on a Friday!

BeanBay checkout always shows that warehouse pickups are Monday - Thursday 1pm-5pm, we might be there outside of those hours but that's the only hours we guarantee someone should be there. We don't do any retail sales, only online, so the pickup hours are intentionally limited to allow us plenty of time to pack and ship orders that were placed in BeanBay.

See you Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Maccas_chicka View Post
          El Sal is back!!! *dances*

See you on Monday Andy!

-Linda
          The El Sal is superb. One of the best SOs I've had in a long while. I could only let it rest for 24 hours because I had some guests over who were going gangbusters on my existing stocks of roasted beans. But I'll tell you what, this El Sal is superb after just 24 hours, so good to know it's not only a top brew, but also to be added to my short-list of "emergency beans that don't need to rest".

Comment

Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
            The El Sal is superb. One of the best SOs I've had in a long while. I could only let it rest for 24 hours because I had some guests over who were going gangbusters on my existing stocks of roasted beans. But I'll tell you what, this El Sal is superb after just 24 hours, so good to know it's not only a top brew, but also to be added to my short-list of "emergency beans that don't need to rest".
            Sounds like one to try. Any notes on the taste? Other than delicious obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by MylesTeo View Post
              Sounds like one to try. Any notes on the taste? Other than delicious obviously.
              Sorry Myles, I'm not sophisticated enough to provide tasting notes. I could say "notes of walnut with lingering hibiscus and a velvet mouthfeel" but I might get targetted as being a BS artist

Comment

El Salvador Quezaltepec Bourbon

El Salvador Quezaltepec Bourbon - high grown, clean and well processed, easy to get great roast results through a range of roast depths. As an espresso it had good body and an initial sweetness that morphed into floral aromatics with the expected clean sharp finish. This is a great Central American coffee and should work well through a wide range brewing devices.
                I think Andy's notes above are pretty descriptive...

Mal.

Comment

Sorry Myles, I'm not sophisticated enough to provide tasting notes. I could say "notes of walnut with lingering hibiscus and a velvet mouthfeel" but I might get targetted as being a BS artist
                  Thanks Gav, I would say you did fine!

Originally posted by Dimal View Post

Mal.
                  Yeah agree. Though it never hurts to have more than one perspective since everyones tastes buds are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post

Mal.

Agreed, he's done not bad, although he missed the walnut overtones!

Comment

Originally posted by MylesTeo View Post
                      Yeah agree. Though it never hurts to have more than one perspective since everyones tastes buds are different.
                      Fair 'nuff I s'pose, but I've been basing my purchases from BeanBay on Andy's descriptions for more than 10 years now and I've never been steered wrong yet...

Mal.

Comment

Hi Andy,

The Peru Ceja de Selva AAA shows as 'sold out' on bean bay. Can you tell me if it's still coming ("On the water expected mid to late August") or has it actually arrived and sold out? I want to order some of these and other beans but don't get the option with the Peru Ceja de Selva AAA at the moment.
                        Cheers,
                        Darryl

Comment

Totally agree, also tasted the El Sal after 24 hrs--- Excellent.
                          Found the "Limmu" to be very good after 24 hrs as well. Fellow Behmorians may want to delay opening the door when cooling this one. Andy certainly wasn't exaggerating when he called this a "chaff monster".

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler24 View Post
                            Hi Andy,

The Peru Ceja de Selva AAA shows as 'sold out' on bean bay. Can you tell me if it's still coming ("On the water expected mid to late August") or has it actually arrived and sold out? I want to order some of these and other beans but don't get the option with the Peru Ceja de Selva AAA at the moment.
                            Cheers,
                            Darryl
                            Welcome to my world Darryl

This is the exact reason I hate giving an ETA for something (ANYTHING) that I have no control over, far safer for me to say "it exists when I can touch it".

Shipping delays out of Peru added a week or two... when it arrives in Australia, clears customs and my freight guys clear it I'll put it up in BeanBay.
                            ...dunno when though!

Comment

No worries Andy. I understand completely. I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a a change of status.

Cheers,
                              Darryl

Comment

Working...
                              X