• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Bean Release - November 2015

BeanBay Green Bean Release - November 2015

Available in BeanBay now:

Kenya AAA Bold

Kenya AAA Bold is a Kenyan coffee like I remember but we haven't seen for years. Big beans, beautiful processing and every roast is a winner through a range of roast depths. At CS8-9 it is bright and crisp with granny smith green apple acidity. Great as a single origin espresso and exceptional in filter and long black drinks too. This is the bean that Sarah used to win Espresso and Milk based medals in the 2015 Golden Bean home roasting competition and you will quickly understand why the judges liked it so much.

Nicaragua Arenal Cloud Forest

Nicaragua Arenal Cloud Forest is a high grown washed coffee. Shade grown on the outskirts of the cloud forest with a stunning backdrop. These small(ish) beans roast easily and produce a mid bodied, bright, zingy cup with a clean finish. Excellent Central American coffee for a variety of brew methods.

Of course there are plenty of other great coffees in BeanBay too, so you are sure to find something you love!

...the fine print...
    (with the exception of the 1kg Maui) All BeanBay green beans are packed in 2.5kg zippered cotton bags, perfect for storage for up to 3 years when kept in a cool, dark and dry position. We ship paid orders out from the Snobbery Monday to Thursday and BeanBay will show the available shipping options to your area. Larger orders are typically cheaper to freight per kilogram so we suggest ordering all your requirements at once. We also strongly recommend that you ship to an attended address (eg: work or grandma's house) to avoid delivery delays.

Enjoy!

I love the smell of Kenya in the morning!

looking forward to running this through the aeropress. And every other brew method I've got

Comment

yeah i think I may have placed my order for the beans before the announcement even went up!
      looking forward to the kenyan and ethiopia biftu

Comment

Drinking the Kenya AAA in a flat white...

Classic Kenya profile - winey blackcurrant, citrus, dark cocoa, good body and sweetness, bright phosphoric acidity, black tea finish. It's all good

Great value!

(Yet to try as filter roast)

Comment

Originally posted by trickydicky2 View Post
          Great value!
          I agree, these are great value. They "should" be nearly double the price but we landed them well (and in bulk) and as always, pass them on the same.

I've had $25/kg Kenyan's that were no where near as well processed or tasting as good as these.

Comment

Not quite on the green bean banter but can someone tell me what size packs the roasted coffee comes in if I order by the half kilo or kilo.
            Merci BC

Comment

Originally posted by Mondoh View Post
              Not quite on the green bean banter but can someone tell me what size packs the roasted coffee comes in if I order by the half kilo or kilo.
              Er, perhaps you need to clarify. If you "order by the half kilo or kilo", the packs will be 500g or 1kg. If you go the Beanbay Roasted section, each item will show the pack sizes available for that bean.

Comment

Roasting the Kenyan and Nicaraguan today as 300g cupping/filter roasts--looking forward to trying them😊☺☺

Comment

Thanks, Flynnaus. I looked on the listings and worked it out. Here's to my first order - Hip hip!

Comment

...and it was roasted fresh today, shipping tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Comment

Just ordered a bunch more of the Kenyan. Absolute winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X