• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Bean Release April / May

BeanBay Green Bean Release April / May

Just landed and available in BeanBay now:

Costa Rica Miel SHB

Costa Rica Miel SHB is another coffee from the premium region in Costa Rica, Tarrazu and Honey processed by the good folks at Coop Dota.
    This high grown, hard bean Costa Rican was honey processed leaving the fruit in contact with the seed much longer. During processing this looks like a sticky, gooey mess hence the term miel. The result in the cup is typically sweeter and fruitier and that's certainly the case here. You can smell the sweetness even before roasting and the body in the cup is greatly improved over the traditional processing. Stunning coffee and great value, a must try.

India Elephant Hills A Grade

Indian Elephant Hills hails from the Thalanar region well known for growing coffee, citrus and cardamom. Great processing and screened to A grade this is an easy coffee to roast and works well as a single origin or as a base for a traditional Italian style blend.
    Super sweet yet quite bold in milk based drinks. Wonderful all rounder and a perfect coffee to learn how to home roast.

Guatemala Huehuetenango

Guatemala Huehuetenango is a high grown and very well processed coffee meeting the SHB (Strictly Hard Bean) standard. Bright and lively acidity when roasted to CS8 roast depths which tapers off as you take it darker into CS9.
    Mid bodied espresso shots that really cut through the taller milk drinks with a dry, clean finish. Pronounced "wee wee ten ango" this is one of the great Central American coffees.

Ethiopia Shakisso Estate

Ethiopia Shakisso Estate / Farm produces an amazing bean that is the essence of uniquely great Ethiopian coffee. Grown wild and foraged in the Shakisso Estate which is actually a natural growing area under a tree canopy not the typical "rows of planted trees" you would normally associate with an estate. This heirloom varietal is part Typica, part Geisha and unique to Shakisso which becomes more obvious when you see the very long, thin bean dimensions.
    This was the secret bean in the 2019 Home Roaster competition and I'm sure everyone found that they could produce flavours from a bright fresh lime citrus through to deep dark cocoa flavours depending on the profile used. Stunning coffee at a fraction of the price of Central American Geishas.
    Winner of Bronze Espresso, Silver Latte and Bronze Filter in the 2019-2020 Golden Bean Competition

Tanzania Ngorongoro AA

Tanzania Ngorongoro AA a large bean, well processed stunner. Really easy to roast and it worked well through a range of roast depths to produce a good bodied espresso with a creamy, velvet mouthfeel. I preferred this around CS8 (lighter side of medium) in the Brazen but the body becomes the highlight at CS9 as an espresso and it works best in milk around that depth too. However you roast this one it should be really good.

...the required fine print...
    With the exception of the more expensive 1kg lots and the bulky 2kg Monsoon coffees, all BeanBay green beans are packed in 2.5kg zippered cotton bags, perfect for storage for up to 3 years when kept in a cool, dark and dry position.
    We ship all paid orders out from the Snobbery Monday to Thursday (not Friday) and BeanBay will calculate the available shipping options and actual freight costs to your area. Larger orders are typically cheaper to freight per kilogram so we suggest ordering all your requirements at once for the cheapest per kilo postage. We also strongly recommend that you ship to an attended address (eg: work, grandma's house, the pub) to avoid delivery delays and hassle.
    Monday to Thursday we will ship everything same day that we have received actual payment for. Please remember bank lag means it can a day or two for your payment to get to us even though your bank took it from you instantly. Osko payments are near instant and fee-free, PayPal payments are near instant and you pay their actual fees.
    Typically, if you want it faster don't procrastinate, just order earlier for way less stress and never have a reason to ask us "are we there yet?"

Enjoy!

Andy.

Lovely selection there Andy....

Can't believe the great value offered by the Huehuetenango - Amazing...

Mal.

Comment

Yeah, customs went from "wait,wait,wait,wait" to "move these or pay storage". There are more coming soon too, it was like someone opened the tap.

The Guat is great value and lovely coffee but the highest priced one in that lot, the Shakisso is even better value in my book. The green smell while bagging them is amazing but it's a pretty polarising bean, some hate it and others like me (and competition judges) love it. I was super excited to land more of it and got a fair sized pile!

Comment

Haven't tried the Shakisso as yet but will give it a go not too far down the track...

Mal.

Comment

Wow! Awesome selection. Had to buy some more of the shakisso. Top shelf natural Ethiopian. As good as, no, better than the Ardi and Bensa Sagara!

Also the Costa Rica Miel... Such a fantastic cup. Easy to roast, easy to drink. Comfort coffee!

Looking forward to trying the hue hue and the Tanzania for the first time. Great to have some new coffees on top of my two favourites. Thanks Andy...

Feels like Christmas!

Comment

A bit of home isolation sunshine, fresh coffee on tap!

Originally posted by trickydicky2 View Post
            Had to buy some more of the shakisso. Top shelf natural Ethiopian. As good as, no, better than the Ardi and Bensa Sagara!
            Wow, big call.

I have soft-spot for the Ardi and the Bensa and the Shakisso, don't make say which child I love more.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing some roasted shakisso turn up on beanbay again.

i don’t understand the love of bensa, I’ve never been able to get a decent cup out of my home roast attempts

Comment

Keep playing with the Bensa in different profiles, it's a ripper when you nail it.

The Shakisso is available as roasted from the next roast (Wednesday), not today's.

Comment

I've been waiting forever for Guatemala Huehuetenango (All time favorite). Keep up the good work Andy

Comment

Just added to BeanBay...

Bitcoin Gold Silver Monero Payment Methods

We have been asked often to add some other payment methods so here they are!

Bitcoin (QR code above)
                    Address: bc1qz6z9330726799d28zyzaqw693dnf02285cue0s

Gold: Coins or bullion delivered to the Snobbery.

Silver: Coins or bullion delivered to the Snobbery.

Monero (QR code above)
                    Address: 45a3Tixjvw85ZucVDb1mAhSMbcw1pqrguEfzwYZu6dZ3bv4Cc8 sEQpvVdaHTYscdohN4aR218NN6yEssvLCSrdsb7iWZm2h

For blockchain, we'll credit your BeanBay account in AU dollars converted from xe.com XBT to AUD when it hits our wallet.

For metals, freight to us as secure as you want. When it arrives we'll credit your BeanBay account at the current "Perth Mint Buys" prices: https://www.perthmint.com/metalprices.aspx

The BeanBay credit added to your account does not expire and any remaining will carry forward to a future order.

---------------------------------

Not sure that those that asked will ever use them but hey, we have them there as a payment option now and people can top-up their BeanBay credit with them.

Comment

Love the gold option! Do you take used wedding rings?

Comment

Did you buy too much coffee this month or is isolation not working out too well?

Comment

Let's say isolation is proving interesting! My wife would gladly send me anywhere for a break at this stage

Comment

I rate that Shakisso among the best Ethiopian I’ve tried, certainly one of the best from BeanBay and there has been some real gems. I only got 2.5kg last time, they were gone by the time I discovered them.
                            I received 15+kgs of BeanBay greens today, Cheers Andy. Now I’m back buying the Shakisso Estate.
                            Vive la BeanBay!

Comment

Hopefully the guy who emailed me last time saying "There is something wrong with my order, they smell like putrid old socks" reads the above unsolicited comments.

Like I said previously, this sort of coffee is often very polarising, my wild, fruity, winey (almost Muscat-esk) is someone else's old socks (and I assume therefore I would like the smell of his runners!)

If everyone had the same taste, Dan Murphy's would have one bottle of red and one bottle of white and one beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X