• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Bean Release June / July

BeanBay Green Bean Release June / July

Just landed and available in BeanBay now:

Australia Chesterton A

Australia Chesterton A
    Australia Chesterton A is grown in the Aussie bush in Tinaroo, Atherton Tablelands in Tropical North Queensland.
    As expected, it's a little pricey but for something home-grown it's certainly not too exorbitant to try.
    Easy to roast, mid-bodied, funky and low acidity in the cup. Keep an eye on it during roasting as it can get away from you towards the end of the roast, expect to drop this one earlier than your typical high altitude coffee. It has some shells and a bit of parchment in there. The shells will roast okay, the parchment you'll want to remove before roasting as it will over roast compared to the beans.
    An enjoyable local treat.

Cuba Turquino​​​​​​​

Cuba Turquino

Cuba Turquino is processed better than most Cubans we've seen in recent years. Clean and washed but not polished and there are still a few broken beans but mostly well sorted. I'm sure its psychological but I just can't get away from spicy, savoury, black tea and cigar descriptors along with leather, wood and pepper. I even swapped it around during tasting to "trick myself" but still went there.
    Whatever you find in the cup I'm sure you'll enjoy the uniqueness of this high quality Cuban bean.

Nicaragua Mombacho SHG​​​​​​​

Nicaragua Mombacho
    Nicaragua Mombacho SHG (Strictly High Grown) is a fully washed, clean and well processed bean. It's a long time since we have land this one and it's just as good as I remember.
    These have been graded to a very large 20 screen size and will double in volume after roasting. Excellent creamy body as an espresso, lighter roasts are nutty and sweet in the cup.
    A great looking and lovely Central American coffee.

...the required fine print...
    With the exception of the more expensive 1kg lots and the bulky 2kg Monsoon coffees, all BeanBay green beans are packed in 2.5kg zippered cotton bags, perfect for storage for up to 3 years when kept in a cool, dark and dry position.

We ship all paid orders out from the Snobbery Monday to Thursday (not Friday) and BeanBay will calculate the available shipping options and actual freight costs to your area. Larger orders are typically cheaper to freight per kilogram so we suggest ordering all your requirements at once for the cheapest per kilo postage. We also strongly recommend that you ship to an attended address (eg: work, grandma's house, the pub) to avoid delivery delays and hassle.

Monday to Thursday we will ship everything same day that we have received actual payment for. Please remember bank lag means it can a day or two for your payment to get to us even though your bank took it from you instantly. Osko payments are near instant and fee-free, PayPal payments are near instant and you pay their actual fees.

Typically, if you want it faster don't procrastinate, just order earlier for way less stress and never have a reason to ask us "are we there yet?"

Enjoy!

Andy.

Aussie beans! Haven't seen them for a while . Does it have the same toffee flavours that Mountain Top Estate beans had?

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Not the 'ol MTC but yes, these are Aussie and yes, it's been a while.

As per Flynn, some Aussie beans have made the cut, you bloody ripper Been awhile since MTC was a regular in BB. Thanks Andy the must be ok if you’re prepared to offer them

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Forget MTC, the days where Ray selected the best row for us or Andrew put some "special stuff aside" is but a distant memory, albeit a damn good memory.
      These are really well size graded for Aussie beans and mostly well processed. They would cost a bomb to hand-sort at AU wages so they do have a bit of the typical "Aussie funky" going on in the cup, which is either endearing or off-putting depending on your taste. They are local and among the best I've seen for a long time so made it into BeanBay so the CoffeeSnobs community can make their own mind-up.

Yeah, do remember big changes many years ago at MTC. You had a special relationship with them and we @ CS were spoilt annually but as you have said that is just a distant memory. I have had no OZ grown coffee since so am excited like Big Kev was. Maybe I’ll be one of those not to like the “Aussie funky” but must try, thanks for the opportunity

Comment

I regularly order "Tiana's latte" blend, it is my goto favourite.
      However having just tried the "Chesterton Estate" blend, I prefer it.
      Anyone have recommendations for other beans that would produce a similiar flavour?

Comment

Why not work your way through each of the beans on offer, one at a time?
        They're all great beans/blends and roasted by a champion roaster and there's bound to be others that you will love...

Mal.

Comment

I have been working through the beans on offer.
          Tried these so far: Found most of them pretty good, really liked Chesterton and Tiana's Latte and some of them I struggled with as they were coming through sour on the Cafelat Robot, even with preheating...
          Hence, wandering if anyone had recommendations based on the two I have really liked so far...

Fiefy's Latte Art - Organic @ Origin
          Espresso Wow!
          CoffeeSnobs GOLD
          India Elephant Hills AA
          Ethiopia Bensa Sagara
          Sarah's Espresso
          PNG Wahgi AA
          Peru Ceja de Selva Estate
          Ethiopian Harrar Longberry
          Uganda Mannya Organic
          Australia Chesterton Estate

Comment

That's a bit hard as not many would have tried these on a Cafelat Robot and whatever grinder you have.
            What did you like about the beans you did like?
            How long after roast date did you try the ones you thought were sour and did try varying the grind?

Comment

Working...
            X