This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pressurised Baskets modified--Breville or Sunbeam

I stand corrected. I guess the BES900 really is targeting a much broader consumer market with the inclusion of 2 pressurised baskets together with 2 un-pressurised baskets.

Comment

Hi Greg
      You are certainly a great man for offering this service to aspiring coffee lovers

I do love a good coffee but after purchasing expencive but bad coffees from the local coffee truck i have re ignited my love for old trusty sunbeam

I have had my em2300 for a few years now but have only really started to put some love into coffee making in the last few months

I am in the process of upgrading my sunbeam blade grinder for a burr grinder and was thinking there must be a mod to get more extraction with a finer grind out of this machine

Are you still offering your great service?

I hope that one day I can pay it forward for others just like you have. Good man

Comment

Yes, the service is still available.
        PM me for details.
        Greg

Comment

Just a quick heads up with the mentions of a blind filter, if you put a blind filter in a sunbeam you will do massive damage to the internals as they are not built for a true blind filter, not sure about the other brands just sunbeams the 6900 & 6910 for sure, keep to the little rubber disc as this wont damage your machine

Comment

Thanks alot Greg,

The workmanship is great. The world is abit better with people like you offering help to improve the coffee. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Greg

Ive been dicking around with my Breville 800ES for a couple of months now and came to the conclusion I need to cut the bottom layer off the portafilter and Ill be damned, theres a blog about it on here.

If youre still doing this I would be eternally grateful. How do you do it by the way? You must have a sweet workshop!

Comment

I hope you mean cut the bottom off the basket--thats easy. Its a simple job with a Dremel Tool and some smoothing afterwards, and Im happy to keep offering the service.

To make the portafilter bottomless is a much more intense operation! Ive done it by hand (hard), with a hole saw (better) but its best done with a lathe (not me--unfortunately).

PM sent.

Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,

I have a Sunbeam EM4800C that I am currently trying to master. I would love it if you are still able to operate on both my single and double baskets.

PM sent.

Cheers,
                  Kris

Comment

Hi Greg,

Same as shiftybugger. Em4800C baskets Id like to get modified.

Thanks,

Comment

Greg you magnificent bastard! Truly a scholar and a gentleman.

Got my baskets back after a week and tried them for the first time today. Only had to fine up the grind a couple of notches due to the drop in basket pressure and got beautiful shots and a true crema. Immediately tasted the difference in quality and the best coffees Ive had out of my little Breville 800ES.

Heres a couple of pics of the baskets and my first coffee using the new baskets.

Cant thank you enough mate.

Comment

Originally posted by 5366716576716A6C7670030 link=1281345941/24#24 date=1327110006
                        Greg you magnificent bastard! Truly a scholar and a gentleman.
                        +1!

I got my baskets back from Greg last week and I am now making the best coffee that I ever have.

Comment

Thanks!--But enough already--or my motorcycle helmet wont fit! ;D

Im glad the coffee is working out.

Greg

Comment

How are you guys sending the baskets? I dont think they will fit in a normal envelope. Small Postpak?

Comment

Hi Greg, Ive got a Breville BarVista that Id like to get modified. Ill send you a PM.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Re: Pressurised Baskets modified--Breville or Sunbeamo

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to unpressurise these baskets myself or is it something I should leave it to the experts (Greg). Is it a hard job to do. I have two from a sunbeam em4820 any one know the best way to do this.

Greg do you still offer this service, I would be forever in your debt!!! I did not know the pressurised basket issue when i ordered my machine, have got two pressurised baskets I would like to modify.

Regards

James

Comment

Working...
                                X