X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANewbie
    replied
    Hi There,
    I have just bought a Breville BES250 to start learning on. I was wondering if anyone had any old single wall filters for this model, they don’t need anymore or if Greg still does mods?

I’m so keen to start learning, I’ve been reading heaps of the forum threads, but can’t post to the wanted to by section yet. I’m trying to figure out what grinder to get, soooo many decisions to make! I’m tossing up between The Breville Pro, and a Sette 270.

I thought if I got my single walled baskets sorted first I will be ready when the ministry of finance gives the go ahead for my grinder.

many thanks for any direction
    alison

Leave a comment:

• Director
    replied
    Hi Greg,

Are you still offering this service?

Leave a comment:

• GregWormald
    replied
    Sorry for the late answer.
    You need to cut on the bottom, and leave at least a 3-4 mm rim around the bottom. The filter "screen" is just a press fit and without the rim to retain it in the basket, it'll get blown out with the least pressure.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• centy
    replied
    ok assuming i have way to many tools including a mini lathe, where is it best to cut? underneath or further up the sides?

Leave a comment:

• majic101
    replied
    A year or two down the track....

But Greg, I too have sent you a cheeky PM...

Originally posted by cywsarah View Post
    Hi Greg,

I have sent you a pm!hope you are still doing this

Leave a comment:

• cywsarah
    replied
    Hi Greg,

I have sent you a pm!hope you are still doing this

Leave a comment:

• mumbleman
    replied
    Many thanks Greg your work is great. The coffee tastes great. Onward and upward on my coffee education and appreciation.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• beanster66
    replied
    If you don't want to bother Greg & have a hand grinder at home or you can borrow,
    simply take your basket to a suitable location like a shed or garage, place it upside
    down & begin to slowly grind the outside edge of the basket with your grinder going
    slowly & steadily around the pressurised basket until the cover comes off. I suggest
    you wear a pair of protective glasses,going slowly & stopping every once in a while
    so you don't over grind the edge & the metal doesn't get to hot & after a short while
    a thin metal disc will fall off, it's that easy, all the best.

Leave a comment:

• GregWormald
    replied
    Thanks for the kudos Geoff.
    Have fun with your new toys.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• luckygeoff
    replied
    Thanks Greg for your quality workmanship on the baskets I sent you. Received them back today

Marvelous work. They could easily be mistaken for brought ones.

I'm now off to get grinding, tamping and pulling.

Thanks again. You're an absolute legend

Leave a comment:

• berowra9
    replied
    Thanks Greg for your modification to my breville basket.

You are artisian with your dremel.

Leave a comment:

• deegee
    replied
    Originally posted by ThunderChild View Post
    WHY the likes of sunbeam (etc) would go to the trouble of including baskets that (as far as I can see) would be more difficult to manufacture than the singles???
    There are two main reasons, one is that they are more forgiving of poor grinding and/or tamping. The one small hole in the outer wall creates a back pressure that will give a good extraction time even with a grind that is too coarse, and a light tamp, and two, it creates a false crema even with stale coffee which would have little or none if put thru a single floor basket.

Leave a comment:

• ghezzi
    replied
    I may not be correct, but I believe the dual floor baskets work well with pre-ground coffee purchased from Coles/Woolworths etc.
    But if you grind your own beans then a better coffee can be had with the single floor.

Bigger machines come with 2 sets of baskets.
    Last edited by ghezzi; 22nd January 2013, 09:50 AM. Reason: spelink - typoo

Leave a comment:

• ThunderChild
    replied
    I have PMed you Greg - since I'm interested too for the ones that came with my Sunbeam EM4820.
    One thing - I am really confused about WHY the likes of sunbeam (etc) would go to the trouble of including baskets that (as far as I can see) would be more difficult to manufacture than the singles???
    They must surely think that the doubles are better - but I don't get why - wen everyone here says the singles are better.

Leave a comment:

• hellofellow
    replied
    Hi Greg, am considering this modification. Possible on a sunbeam em2800?
    Also considering Attempting it at home as a little project.. You use a dremal tool yes? With what attachment, the rotary saw?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X