This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmb99 View Post
    As rocket machine came with two portafilters I decided to make one naked as I had all the tools here already. I put "metal mend" in the spout to keep the drill centred and stop movement - however most likely planned it out much more than needed seeing as someone said they did it hand held!

Drilled - slow and hard with cutting fluid. Took about 20 seconds.

After a quick sand - didn't bother cleaning too much, just got rid of sharp edges.

Also willing to help others free of cost. Brisbane, Hamilton area.
    Are you still able and willing to do this? Thanks

Comment

I bought a new shiny portafilter for my recently acquired second hand office control as the old one had lost most of its chrome, so I now have a brass 58mm portafilter to play with. Could anyone advise which size holesaw to buy (58mm? Smaller?) Or is anyone still offering to drill the hole (I’m in brisbane)

Comment

If you pay postage both ways I'm happy to do it. Otherwise I use a 57mm holesaw and then use a small 60grit flapwheel (Josco 40mm 60 Grit Abrasive Flap Wheel) in the drill to remove the small lip remaining, then a small 120grit flapwheel (Josco 40mm 120 Grit Abrasive Flap Wheel) to make it prettier.

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
          If you pay postage both ways I'm happy to do it. Otherwise I use a 57mm holesaw and then use a small 60grit flapwheel (Josco 40mm 60 Grit Abrasive Flap Wheel) in the drill to remove the small lip remaining, then a small 120grit flapwheel (Josco 40mm 120 Grit Abrasive Flap Wheel) to make it prettier.
          Thanks for the info! I'll think about the offer, but I might make it a xmas holiday project

Comment

Has anyone tried converting a PF for a BES900? Just worried that the way the handle atatches to the bottom as well as the side might couse some difficulties...Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tin...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Breville sell them. The way the handle attached isn't an issue, the naked one I have looks like they've taken a regular one and machined it out. The issue is that it's made from SS rather than brass.

Comment

Would you be able to drill it out if I got the PF to you?

Comment

Not if it's stainless

Comment

Here's a before and after. Soon to be on their way to their new owners.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_161912.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	753342

Name:	20200321_161923.jpg
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	753343

Name:	20200321_161931.jpg
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	753344

Name:	20200321_162235.jpg
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	753345

Name:	20200321_162241.jpg
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	753346
                    Last edited by level3ninja; 22nd March 2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X