This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!TAKEN!!! - Baratza preciso for parts

Bought a non operating baratza preciso off Gumtree specifically to put the hopper on my fiorenzato. After some testing, it seems to have a faulty motor. Multimeter shows open circuit when attached to the motor. Spin the motor and reattach the leads and shows 160 odd ohms. Also obviously missing the hopper and the upper burr holder is cracked (still works). The motor can be had for around $70 from 5 senses and the hoppers are around 30. Not sure about the burr carrier. So if you have the inclination and are qualified to fix it you can be up and running for around $100 (no guarantee that the motor is the sole problem but I'm pretty sure it is). Note that it will actually operate if you manually spin the bottom burr, plug it in, turn it on then drop your dose in. Bit convoluted though. Also it is in pieces, easy enough to reassemble but needs to be taken apart to fit a new motor anyway.
    Pick up only on this as I am too lazy to package it up as well as too lazy to go out to the shed to take photos. Has both the grounds bin and the portafilter holder.
    Pickup is in Preston, vic
    Last edited by magnafunk; 23 October 2016, 02:17 PM. Reason: Clarity

Gone, thanks

Comment

Working...
    X